The Original Version (Unedited)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Original Version (Unedited)

Post  BruceAdama on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:38 pm

CONTINUED...

PAN-GALACTIC FLIGHT 840

The small ship kept pace with the Prophet Star, as beside it, the other Pan-Galactic ship, flight 22, drifted into position alongside.

Inside the large fish-shaped starliner, it was activity as usual... passengers were just sitting or sleeping in their seats, with half-awake looks on their faces.

One man, who was sitting near the central corridor, looked on at the couple in front of him. The man and woman were beginning to get affectionate. They were kissing deeply, and the woman's hands were moving between the man's legs, as his own hands were moving up her chest.

The onlooker fidgeted slightly in his seat, and was intent on watching the spectacle before him. He was so involved in his voyeurism, that he at first did not notice a hand touching him, on his left shoulder. Finally, he felt it, and he jumped slightly, as he turned to see who it was.

"Sorry." a woman's voice said.

He looked at the woman addressing him. She was very sexually attractive, and it was an obvious display... she was wearing a tight and revealing pink top, which clung to her chest, and her skirt was ultra-short, and her eyeshadow and makeup overdone.

"Looks fun." she added, indicating to the two people making out in front of them. "How about it?" she asked. "You look pretty bored over here. We can pass the time, if you like." she offered.

The onlooker looked the woman over, as if thinking about it.

"I don't have too many cubits." the man said, looking at her.

"Whatever you can afford... this is a big ship." the woman offered.

The man looked at her, then looked back at the couple who had been making out, but were now into something more involved.

"Fine." he said, as the woman smiled, and offered her hand, so he could take her to the aft cabin. "No... let's stay here." he said.

The woman grew a devious smile, as she moved to kneel down in front of the man.

"Ooh... you're one of those... I like those." she said, as she extended her hand. "Zarina... "Socializer" for hire." she said, with a smile.

BATTLESTAR URANTIA - BSG-53

Commander Standish walked through the corridor, and paused outside the door to his cabin. After a second, he stepped forward, opening the door, and walked inside. He was surprised to find his XO, D'Anna, again waiting for him, inside, blowing out the candles upon a fully set dinner table.

"Hi, there." she said, looking to him.

"This is new." Standish replied.

"I thought it would be nice if we had dinner together." she offered, as she walked up to him, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Unless, you're not hungry." she baited.

"I'm always hungry." Standish replied, making his way to the table. "Dessert?" he asked, looking to her.

"I'll be providing the dessert tonight." she said, smiling, as she slid her chair out, and sat down across from Standish. "So... have you figured out something for the fleet yet?" she asked.

"I think so." he began, as he filled his plate with food. "I was thinking about a fleet-wide newsletter... at the end of each week, every ship in the fleet, including the ships from the pilgrim fleet, take all the news items they have acquired, and submit them to each other, and then us, to be published. This gives all the ships the opportunity to not only learn what is going on in the fleet, but allows both the pilgrim and Colonial fleets to learn about the daily lives of each other. On top of that, it's something to do, and keep people busy." he said.

"Sounds good." D'Anna said, as she accepted a salad bowl from Standish, and began filling her own plate. "The sooner the people in the fleet have something to do, the better." she offered.

EMILONIAN TRANSPORT SHIP "SEPIA MOON"

Eliza Winnow rounded a corner, carrying a basket of fresh laundry, as she saw her friend, Sariah Tansen, talking to two other pilgrim women. Sariah and one of the other women, were jumping up and down, and gleefully clapping, as they both smiled. Both of the new women were blondes. Upon seeing Eliza, Sariah rushed to her, and drew her into the group.

"Eliza, great news! Ezra here is to be married... to Wardlow Ethem... to our pilgrim leader!" she said, joyous.

"But Father Ethem is already wedded..." Eliza began.

Now the second new blonde woman spoke up.

"Indeed... but Ezra is to become his second wife in marriage!" she said, now turning to Ezra herself, who was glowing with happiness.

"I can hardly wait." she began. "I know we will have many beautiful children. And that's just us two... oh, I know you would like to share our joy, Abigail." Ezra said to the second new blonde. "I would be most happy to offer your name, for Father Ethem to consider for his third!" she said, as now Abigail, Ezra, and Sariah, all began bouncing up and down, with glee, as they thought of the prospects for the future, as Eliza just watched them, an uncertain look on her face, as if she did not know what to make of all this.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

View user profile http://urantiaactual.pro-forums.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:42 pm

CONTINUED...

The fleet continued onward, heading towards the general location of the second planet of 13th Tribe humans... Ruion.

The Sepia Moon had pulled up alongside Urantia, and was keeping pace with the Battlestar.

On Urantia, Commander Standish walked with Eliza Winnow, as they headed down the hallway leading to the CIC. Between talking to Eliza, Standish was reading through a handful of papers he was holding.

"And, so, I just don't see where this is going." Eliza said, looking to him.

"Is Ezra entering into this willingly? Does she truly love him?" he asked her.

"She is... and I think so... but I don't know if it's a genuine emotional love, or if it's out of reverence for Father Ethem." she began. "I mean, this is a sudden change... we have never done this kind of thing before. The Book of the Word makes no mention either for or against plural marriage, but in Father Ethem's defense, it does tell us to spread thy seed, multiply, and in doing so, spread the word and our legacies." she added.

The two arrived at the door to CIC, and Standish opened it, and allowed her to enter with him.

As the two people walked into CIC, people paused for a short second, to glance at the couple, before returning to their work. As the two people approached the command table, D'Anna stared at Eliza in a cold and jealous manner, as Standish finished his comments on what Eliza had been telling him.

"Well, we've never done that on the Colonies, so I can't say if it's good or bad. But it seems to me that as long as Ethem allows the women to choose freely, then no crime is being committed." he said, as she put the papers down on the table. "What's the word in the fleet?" he asked D'Anna, as both Eliza and himself looked to the XO, who only stared back at Eliza with a watchful eye.

"Not as quiet as we'd hoped... word is that some of the frustrated passengers on the Pan-Galactics are turning to vices for relief from the boredom... we've had reports of orgies on Pan-Gal 840." she said, pausing long enough to see what reaction the mention of a sexual orgy would have on the pilgrim woman before her.

Eliza just looked to Standish, with an awkward smile. It wasn't exactly the shocked reaction D'Anna was hoping for, but it would have to do.

"We've also had one report of someone from the Oceana Zephyr managing to secure a small quantity of stims." D'Anna finished.

"This isn't good." Standish began. "We have to encourage the fleet to engage in productive activities. If people become more productive, they will focus less on the confinement to their ships." he said.

He was about to say something else, but just as he opened his mouth, the Officer of the Watch called out to him.

"SIR! DRADIS contact! Reading one Cylon Basestar... launching Raiders!" the man said.

Standish and D'Anna both looked to the DRADIS monitors, which did indeed show the Cylon Basestar, and the Raiders it was launching.

Standish picked up the handset from its cradle.

"This is Urantia Actual... set condition one throughout the fleet! Launch Vipers, and ready all batteries. Bring forward weapons to bear on the Basestar! All fleet ships, standby FTL!" he called out.

"I should go..." Eliza offered.

"No." Standish shot back. "This is a crisis situation, and the last thing I want, is to have you walking about the ship in these circumstances. Stay here with me." he said, as she nodded, smiling, as D'Anna glared at her.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:06 pm

CONTINUED...

The cannons and gunnery of the massive Battlestar turned to face the oncoming Cylon threats, as all around the ship, the civilian ships of the fleet were beginning to jump away, to the emergency jump coordinates.

Finally, the fleet ships that were in the line of fire of Urantia were gone, and the Battlestar was now free to open up her military might on the Cylons.

With the high-pitched whine/buzz of the cannons powering up, Urantia let loose, spitting out massive volleys of cannon fire, that raced towards the Cylon Basestar, as Urantia's Vipers raced out of the acceleration tubes.

CIC

Commander Standish, D'Anna, and Eliza stared at the DRADIS display, taking in the action of the battle, as the Officer of the Watch called out to the Commander... something was wrong...

"Sir... the fleets is away... we're-- no... strike my last, Sir... we have a problem... the Itaron, Sir... she's having problems spooling up her FTL drive... she's still with us, Sir!" the man called out.

"Frak..." Standish lamented, in a loud whisper, as he turned to D'Anna, an grim knowledge in his eyes.

"The Itaron is our tylium refining ship... if we lose her..." she began.

"Mister Hindri... tell Medusa to take a wing, and break for the Itaron... keep the Cylons away from her until she can jump!" Standish called out.

BSG URANTIA VIPER #5 (Mk. II)

Medusa's Viper flew towards an oncoming wall of Raiders, as she acknowledged the call from Urantia, and opened the ship-to-ship intercom to call her fellow pilots.

"This is the CAG. Badboy and Firefox, you're with me... we have to keep those toasters away from the Itaron!" she called out.

In space, Medusa's Viper came about, as did two other Vipers, and the three raced towards Urantia, and the one civilian ship left... the Itaron.

As the three Vipers grew closer, five Raiders swooped in front of them, and broke off, racing towards and firing on, the Itaron.

The three Vipers returned fire, as they gave chase, following the Raiders, as they sped past the side of the Itaron, to make another run.

Medusa watched as one Raider she was shooting at exploded apart, and began to swing her Viper around, when she noticed something new, and unexpected, from the corner of her eye... was it... could it be... no... it was an old-style Cylon Raider... from over 40 years ago!

She watched, in horror, as that lone old Raider chased after Badboy's Viper, and quickly disposed of it, allowing the remaining Raiders to score some critical hits to the Itaron.

Firefox and her were the only Vipers left to defend the tylium ship, but the Cylons knew the value of taking out that prize...

Medusa watched, as Firefox fired on one Raider, causing some damage to one wing, which caused the Raider to lose stability... but the Raider would not be robbed of its prize...

The Raider spiraled out of control, and slammed, full force, into the central tylium storage tank on the Itaron, which instantly caused both ships to erupt into a massive fiery explosion, which completely destroyed them both.

"FRAK!" Medusa shouted out, in her Viper.

CYLON RAIDER

The view of fiery debris flying by filled the view from the cockpit, as the Raider shot past the dying explosion. Only a set of high-pitched whines could be heard... the sound of Cylon scanners.

One of the two old-model silver Centurions at the flight controls relayed some information to the gold Leader Centurion, who was seated behind the two silver Centurions, one level higher.

"Colonial tylium refining vessel has been destroyed." the silver Centurion stated.

"Excellent... all wings regroup, and continue pursuit of Battlestar Urantia." the gold Leader replied.

"By your command." answered the silver Centurion.

Medusa's Viper shot back towards Urantia, to help fight off whatever Cylons they could, when she now saw the scope of what they were dealing with out here...

Urantia was totally engulfed, on all sides, by cannon and flak fire and bursts, which dotted the sky like so many millions of stars.

BATTLESTAR URANTIA - CIC

Standish looked down to the command table for a second, upon hearing that the Itaron had been destroyed. Finally, he looked back up to the DRADIS, the display reflecting in his glasses like fire.

"It's time to leave." he began. "Recall our birds! Prepare to jump!" he shouted out.

In space, the remaining Vipers made a mad dash for the flight pods, as the hundreds of Raiders from the Basestar followed them.

After a second, the Raiders were also followed... by a multitude of incoming missile contrails from the Basestar, which also raced for Urantia.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the Raiders descended upon Urantia, like flies to a fresh carcass, just as the whole Battlestar was engulfed by the FTL ring, which washed over the ship, removing it from this part of space, as both the Raiders and the missiles sailed through the space where just a split second before, a Battlestar had been.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:32 pm

CONTINUED...

The fleet hung silent in space, the various ships merely drifting in unorganized position, as suddenly, a huge FTL ring washed over the area above the fleet, spitting out the Battlestar Urantia.

CIC

All eyes were on the DRADIS, as after a few seconds, the Officer of the Watch relayed that all the fleet ships were accounted for, and present.

"All except one... the Itaron." Standish lamented, as he shared a look with D'Anna.

"What are we supposed to do now? We have no agro ships in the fleet, and now, we've lost our sole source of fuel." D'Anna replied, looking to him with concern.

Finally, after a long moment, Eliza spoke up, softly offering a suggestion.

My fleet has a fuel ship... the Jaht Batahl... but she carries petrium. Maybe you all can enable your fleet to run on petrium?" she offered, looking to Standish.

D'Anna and Standish were momentarily floored, as they looked to Eliza, the unlikely source of new inspiration. Standish just allowed a slight smile to creep to the surface of his lips.

"The Jaht Batahl..." Standish softly stated back. "That's Tyvek Harrington's ship... of course." he began.

"Commander... not to rain on anyone's parade, but we're talking about converting the entire civilian fleet from the Colonies, not to mention an entire Battlestar, to an alternative fuel source... that's a massive undertaking, even under ideal conditions, in peacetime." D'Anna interjected.

"Nevertheless..." Standish continued. "I suppose this was bound to happen... even if the Itaron had not been destroyed... sooner or later, she would run dry... we would have had to find an alternative fuel source, anyway. The Cylons just forced us to make it a priority." he stated.

OFFICER'S QUARTERS

Urantia's CAG, Grae Aziere, sat down at the table in front of her bunk, as she gazed at a dinner knife that she was holding in her hands, as in her mind, she repeated the incident with the Itaron, over and over again.

She kept seeing the image of Badboy's Viper being blown apart, and the image of that one unique Cylon Raider... a ghost from the past.

Over and over again, in her mind's eye, she saw the Itaron explode, as the Raider struck the ship's central tank, and over and over again, she heard the Commander's comm voice call for her to keep the Cylons away from the Itaron, at all costs.

But she could not keep the ship from destruction. She had failed, and had failed her Commander... the one man she could recall, who ever gave a damn about her, or her feelings. He had reached out her, and this was how she repaid him? By allowing the fleet's fuel supply to meet its doom?

Before she realized it, she bit her own lip, in a second of pain, as at the same time, tears welled up in her eyes, and began to run down her cheek, as she opened her eyes, and looked down...

The knife was being held to her wrist, as blood streamed out from the blade's point of contact. For a short time, she would be able to feel warm... giddy... relaxed, in a perverse way.

THE FLEET

Continued along in open space, led along by Urantia.

BATTLESTAR URANTIA- BSG-53

COMMANDER STANDISH'S CABIN

The Commander sat at his desk, as the crowd of fleet Captains and citizens again filled his room, shouting questions over one another.

"What do we do now? We have no source of tylium for the fleet!" one Captain shouted.

"First, we are left to fend for ourselves, in deep space, with no food and water... no agro ships... and now, we have no fuel to power and drive our ships!" another Captain called out.

"Have you located another source of tylium?" a woman asked.

Standish looked to them, the light of the room reflecting in his glasses, as he decided he'd had enough.

"There is no other source of tylium known at this time." he said, igniting another round of outbursts. "HOWEVER..." he continued, silencing the crowd. "We do have an idea... that might help." he added.

"Go on." one Captain prodded.

"We have lost our tylium resource. But we have another source of fuel, right here, in our fleet." he began. "The Emilonian ship Jaht Batahl, is a petrium refinery and tanker ship... we may be able to convert the engines of our Colonial fleet ships, to run on petrium." Standish began. "I have passed the idea along to Captain Tyvek Harrington, and he is having his people look into just how much work might be involved, and if it would even be possible. In the meantime... we're two jumps away from the location of Ruion. As soon as we arrive in the Ruion System, Urantia will send out scouting Raptors, to search for any deposits of tylium. Things will not be easy at first, but we WILL find a way to make it through this." he finished.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:27 am

CONTINUED...

RUION

The wind whistled, and blew the flurries of snow along the frozen valley, as a handful of humans in winter clothing began to cautiously walk towards something.

Some of the humans carried muskets, while the human leading the pack carried a lantern.

Finally, the group paused, and the man with the lantern turned back to gesture for the rest of the group to remain where they are, and for the two men with muskets to follow him, as he walked towards the object in the middle of the ice plain...

A small ship... saucer-shaped, and light gray and black in color. The craft had apparently crashed a very long time ago, as the entire forward half of the craft was encased in solid ice.

Carefully, the lead man walked up to the craft, and ran his fingers upon its hull, looking for a way to enter it. Finally, his fingers found a small push-button, and he pressed it.

Suddenly, there was a great groaning sound, as if machinery was struggling, as ice began to chip, and finally, break off, around the canopy of the craft, as the black canopy section suddenly slid up and back, revealing the cockpit.

Flanked by the two musket-carrying men, the lead man walked around to the cockpit, and lifted his light to illuminate the area, as the rest of the crowd stood by, watching. He gestured for the musket-men to come over to him, and they did, stopping to gasp at what they saw...

Three robots... humanoid robots... all shiny and chrome.

"Gods..." one of the musket-men exclaimed.

Suddenly, before anyone could do or say anything else, red lights erupted to life, on the heads of the three robots... where the eyes would be, and began to move from left to right, as the three robots rose from their seats, and looked to the humans before them, raising their arms, as if aiming guns.

"Exterminate!" one of the robots called out, in a very metallic and robotic voice, as instantly, all three began firing at the humans... rapid fire, powerful rounds.

Instantly, the humans ran for dear life, causing the group nearby to scatter and also run after them, in panic.

"What is it? What's going on?" one woman called out, as she ran.

"Gods... what are those?" one man called out.

Before he could reply, the sounds of muffled bullet hits filled the air, as the Cylon rounds struck the ice near where the humans were running.

The musket-holders turned to return fire, and though their weapons struck, they were too weak... the Cylons instantly responded with horrifyingly deadly rounds, that struck the men down instantly, as the group continued to run.

"ALINDA!" one man called out to a woman who was running, while carrying her child. "Alinda... take the rest of the children and women back... run ahead, and tell Mister Joseph to get the launch keys... the keys to the Zenith... GO!" the man shouted, as she did as she was told, running with the rest of the women and children.

Suddenly, all the men stopped in their tracks, and turned to face the Cylon pursuers, and the men drew their sidearms, and began to shoot at the oncoming robot menaces with them.

The red scanning light washed over the Cylon's displays, as the Cylons observed the humans frantically struggling to insert new rounds into the chambers of their guns, before raising them up in aim again.

One human man was fumbling in frustration, as he struggled to install two bullets into the chamber, in the bitter freezing cold, as every breath he exhaled, came out as frozen mist.

"Lords of Kobol, help me now... give me strength..." he began, as suddenly, he was struck down by a multitude of Cylon rounds.

The scanning lights of the three Cylons continued to move from left to right, as the Cylons grew closer, as the sounds of gunfire and screaming bodies falling filled the air.

A single Raptor departed from Urantia's port flight pod, and began to work its way past the ships of the fleet, heading for a position aft of, and a safe distance away from the ships of the ragtag fleet.

CIC

In Urantia's control center, Commander Standish and D'Anna stared at the DRADIS, as they listened to the transmissions from the Raptor.

"Urantia Raptor to Urantia Actual... we are in position... shutting off thrusters, coming to a dead stop." a woman's voice stated.

"Urantia Actual... we are ready to begin the test." a man's voice began. "FTL system is online, and main power core is active... we will introduce the petrium mix on your order." he said.

For a long moment, only the ghostly whine of the DRADIS could be heard, as Standish thought about what was about to be done... they were about to purge a Colonial Raptor of all its tylium, and introduce a flow of petrium, as its primary fuel supply. If all went well, everything would be fine. If all did not go well, both people in the Raptor would be killed, in a big explosion.

"Proceed." Standish began. "Take it slow... I don't want anyone to get hurt." he added.

URANTIA RAPTOR

The man looked to the woman, as they held a large fuel core casing in their hands, as he replied.

"Copy that, Actual." he said, as he reached over to a small remote, with three buttons on it, and pressed the first one. "Purging tylium supply now." he said, as a loud hissing/sucking sound signaled that the ship's fuel was being removed.

The woman lifted her eyes to meet his look, as she nodded to him, to begin the next step.

"Right..." he softly lamented back to her, as he pressed the next button. "Initiating fuel tank wash... purging remaining tylium traces." he said into the comm.

Finally, the second step was complete, and he moved his finger over the third and final button.

"Urantia Actual... we are now ready to introduce the petrium flow." he began, as he pressed the final button. Another hissing sound could be heard, that lasted for a good half minute, before silence again claimed the cabin.

The woman looked to him, a uncertain look on her face.

"That's it." she said.

"Yep." the man replied, as he again directed his comments to Urantia. "Urantia Actual... petrium transfer complete... we are now ready for full systems recharge." he stated.

CIC

Standish gazed at the data on the monitors, as he replied, into the handset of the phone.

"Proceed... but be careful... build your speed gradually." he stated.

URANTIA RAPTOR

"Understood, Actual." the man relayed, as both he and the woman climbed into the pilot and co-pilot seats, and powered the craft up to full once again.

"Readings normal... petrium is flowing, unobstructed." she said.

"Good... taking us to 250... 350..." the man began, as he pushed the throttle forward.

Through the large canopy window of the raptor, the two watched, as they made their way past the ships of the fleet... the Emilonian fleet, which included the Sepia Moon, Prophet Star, Sal Caltanis, Jaht Batahl and Deseret Sunset, among others.

The woman looked at one of the Emilonian ships that they were nearing... a ship that looked almost exactly in every way, like a somewhat short and stubby submarine, and was a dirty yellowish color.

"Ugh." she lamented, out loud, as the man looked to her.

"What?" he asked.

"I hate that ship... it's such an ugly color... it looks silly on that ship... makes it look like a yellow submarine, you know?" she asked.

"Heh... well, maybe you should mention that to her Captain... have him repaint it. I actually like it... this fleet could use a bit of color here and there." he said, as he then regarded some readings.

"I already told Sita that it looks like a frakking yellow submarine... she agrees with me." she added.

The man just shook his head, chuckling, as he moved the throttle forward more.

"Okay... taking us up to 450... 55--" he began.

Just then, without warning, a massive fireball exploded into the cabin, and consumed the entire craft.

In space, the Raptor exploded apart, sending fire and debris expanding outward.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:36 am

CONTINUED...

STARBOARD FLIGHT POD

Crew Specialists and Technicians walked about the vast hangar deck, examining the debris left over from the Raptor, that had conducted the petrium test.

The Lead Tech looked up, as Commander Standish walked into the room, and looked at the debris splayed out on the floor. The man walked up to the Commander, with a large piece of a hull plate in his hand, and stopped, saluting Standish, before delivering his report.

"Specialist." Standish began. "Any news?"

"Aye." the man began. "This piece of hull plating was salvaged by the Captain of the Enoch Star... one of the Emilonian passenger liners... the tech who found it, said it was lodged into one of their hull plates. We did some tests on it, and I think this piece explains why the ship exploded." he offered, handing the fragment to Standish, to examine.

"What happened?" Standish asked, as he regarded the fragment in his hands.

"We detected trace amounts of tylium lining walls of the fuel tank... VERY minute amounts, Sir... we're talking like a pinhead small." the tech began.

"But it was still enough to cause a reaction with the petrium." Standish lamented, handing the debris back to the tech.

"Aye, Sir... I'm afraid that we just can't make this work... the tylium wash was very thorough, Sir... but it seems that tylium and petrium are so volatile beside one another, that even the slightest amount of each, that can interact, will cause a major combustible response... it's too unstable. And, if this happened in a fuel tank as small as a Raptor's... imagine what might go unnoticed on a large ship..." he began.

"Like a starliner... or... Battlestar." Standish said, grim, as he nodded in resignation. "Very well... I'll have Mister Hindri resume the search for possible sources of tylium, in the Ruion System, once we arrive. Thank you, Chief." he said, as he began to walk away.

THE FLEET

Continued along, in space, led by the Battlestar Urantia.

CIC

All eyes were on Standish, in the quiet room, as the sounds of the DRADIS monitors filled the air. Standish looked around at his crew, and finally, spoke up, lifting the handset, in preparation to address the fleet.

"Very well... let's get to it." Standish said, as he activated the intercom. "This is Urantia Actual, to the ships of the fleet. As you have heard, our latest petrium test, has resulted in the death of a Raptor crew, and the destruction of that Raptor. Our technicians have been examining the debris of the Raptor, and unfortunately, petrium and tylium are so volatile, compared to one another, that even the most minuscule amount of either, that comes into contact with the other, will have devastating consequences, as we saw. Therefore... it seems that we must resume our search for a new source of tylium." he began.

EMILONIAN TRANSPORT SHIP - SEPIA MOON

The small ship kept pace with Urantia, beside the Battlestar's port flight pod.

Inside the ship, in a corridor, Eliza Winnow listened to Standish's words, over the comm, along with her friends Sariah and Ezra, who were also present. The women looked to the ceiling as the Commander's voice was piped through, as if they could actually see him, by doing so.

"Therefore, we are now going to make our final jump, which will take us to Ruion. Once there, I will order teams from Urantia to conduct searches of the system, for signs of new tylium deposits. I am more than aware of the hardships facing our fleet... to begin with, we left the Colonies, with no agro ships, so we must seek out new food sources. Now, we have the added burden of having to locate a new fuel source, as a result of the Itaron's destruction." Standish's voice went on.

EMILONIAN MILITARY CRUISER - SAL CALTANIS

The medium-sized ship led the formation of Emilonian pilgrim ships that followed the last of the Colonial ragtag fleet ships... the twin Pan-Galactic starliners.

On the Bridge of the Sal Caltanis, Captain Zender Kline listened to Standish's speech, along with his own XO.

"I want you ALL to know that I am fully aware of how hard this has been for all of you, and that we are all in the same boat... or fleet, as it stands... but we must continue working, to ensure that we find a way out of our problems... a way out of our hunger, and a way back to our home. Nothing will be accomplished, by giving in to lethargy, and waiting for whatever happens to happen. A lot will be accomplished, if we take charge, and work to find solutions to the challenges that we now face, and will yet face. With that being said... prepare to jump to Ruion!" Standish stated, ending the message.

CIC

Standish set the handset back in its cradle, as he turned to Mister Hindri.

"Mister Hindri... I hope your calculations are in order... take us to Ruion." he ordered.

"Aye, Sir!" Hindri began. "FTL online... initiating jump..."

In space, the FTL ring washed over Urantia, as she vanished from space, as now, the FTL rings were flashing over the multitudes of ships in the fleet, until finally, the entire part of space was vacated, leaving only a vast and open starfield.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:38 am

CONTINUED...

RUION

Above the slowly rotating planet, dozens of FTL flashes began to burst into view, revealing the Urantia, and her fleet, as all the ships began to orient themselves into formation.

CIC

Commander Standish gazed up at the DRADIS, as he saw all the fleet ships come into view, and then looked to Mister Hindri, who relayed his data.

"All fleet ships present and accounted, for, Sir. The Sepia Moon is moving into formation alongside us now, and we're leading the fleet on a course for a high polar orbit." he stated.

"Very good." Standish began, as he took his glasses off for a moment, to rub his eyes, before replacing his glasses on his face. "It's been a long day... now that we're here, I want to get some rest before we make first contact. Tell everyone in the fleet to do the same." he said, as he began to walk away, looking to D'Anna. "You have the deck." he informed her, as he left the room, leaving her to look after him.

The mighty warship led the ragtag fleet along on its orbit, above Ruion's northern polar region, as beside the Urantia, the small Emilonian transport, Sepia Moon, kept pace with the large ship, as the rest of the fleet followed behind the two ships.

The Commander's hand filled two glasses with a dark amber liquid, as a bottle was placed down upon the table, and the top placed back upon it. Standish took the glasses, and walked over to the couch, where he handed one glass to Eliza Winnow, who was sitting there, in a comfortable position. With a sly smile, she took the glass form him, and swirled it around under her nose, taking in the strong scent of the drink. She then looked up to him, but with only her eyes... her head was still pointed towards the glass.

"You know... we really don't drink alcohol." she began.

Standish looked to her, with a mock-shocked look on his face, as if she was toying with him.

"You're kidding..." he began.

"No." she rebutted. "But I like you, and I don't want to hurt your feelings, so I'll try it... just this once." she said.

"Afraid I'll get you drunk?" Standish shot back.

Eliza lifted her eyes to him again, as she took the glass to her lips, and took a drink, holding the liquid in her mouth for a second, before swallowing, which caused her to grimace in disgust.

"Ugh... vile stuff... I don't know how you can down it so easily... must be an acquired taste." she exclaimed, handing the glass back to Standish, who finished the remains of the drink, by downing it in one swig, as she watched, eyes wide. "So..." she began. "Did you invite me to your cabin to get me drunk, or for something else?" she asked.

Standish took a moment to gaze at her, and take in her appearance. Here, in his cabin, she looked absolutely stunning... the low light level accentuated the red in her hair, and made it a very deep fiery amber red. He took in her facial features... her big, captivating eyes, her slim mouth, pointy nose, and high cheekbones... her milky white skin... she was truly a thing of beauty. He loved looking at her... and he loved being with her. Finally, he could stand it no more, and set the glasses down on the table, and walked over to her, and sat down beside her, on the couch, putting one arm around her, as she snuggled up to him.

"Getting you drunk was not my motive for asking you here... though... I wouldn't have been disappointed if it had happened." he began, causing her to snort out a small chuckle. "First of all, I wanted to thank you again, for your suggestion... the petrium. Even though it didn't work out, I appreciate the fact that you had the needs of the fleet in your heart, and spoke out. So... thank you." he said, softly, as she snuggled her head deeper into his arm, letting out a small sigh of contentment, as she looked straight ahead. "Convey my gratitude again, to Captain Harrington... it was very generous of him to allow us to use the Jaht Batahl, for our tests." he added. "But more than those things... I missed you. I enjoy your company. I haven't seen much of you, since your friend Ezra got married."

"I'm sorry for that... I didn't want to become a burden. The last time we were together, I kind of got the impression that I was intruding upon something... I mean, the way D'Anna is around you..." she began.

"Don't worry about my XO." Standish said. "I am the Commander of this ship, and whom I choose to spend time with, is my choice. "I must confess... I have been staying away as well... for the same reason... I know that everyone in your pilgrim fleet is following Mister Ethem, and you all have your faith, and the doctrines that come with it... I didn't want to become an obstacle, or have you have to choose between spending time with me, or your congregation, or Mister Ethem." he added, as Eliza adjusted herself, so that Standish could wrap both his arms around her, and draw her close. "How is Ezra doing, anyway?" he asked.

"Better than I expected she would." Eliza admitted. "So far, she has been happier than I've ever seen her. She says that Father Ethem and her are trying to have a baby. She has even hinted to Sariah, that Ethem may also ask for her hand in marriage." she added.

Standish looked down to Eliza, as he spoke, stroking her fiery red hair with his fingers.

"Hmmph... how many wives would that make, for Ethem, then?" he asked.

"Five... if he takes Sariah." Eliza replied.

Standish shook his head, in disbelief.

"Well... having so many wives can help in ways, I suppose... I mean... no alcohol... your men need to find other outlets for their pent-up frustrations." Standish stated.

With that remark, Eliza sat up, and wore a look of shock on her face, her mouth open wide, as she looked to Standish.

"Oh, my Gods... I cannot believe you said that! You are so bad!" she said, as she playfully slapped him in the chest, and grabbing hold of his uniform, and balling it into her fist, as she held him, looking at him, before she drew him close to her, and kissed him, as he returned the gesture, kissing her back, as he reached around her head, and pulled her close to him, the two people displaying their affection for one another.

The two kissed for a long moment, until finally, the embrace was broken, by the sound of the Commander's phone ringing.

"Leave it." Eliza pleaded.

"I can't... they wouldn't call me, if it weren't important." he said, as he took his time breaking their embrace, and getting up to answer the phone, as she looked after him.

"Standish." he said, as he answered the phone.

CIC

In the control center, Mister Hindri held his phone, as he delivered his news to the Commander.

"Sorry to disturb you, Sir, but we have detected a small craft leaving the surface of Ruion, Sir... from the center of the northwestern continent." he stated.

"Understood... launch an alert Viper, and have it make a visual ident. Have it flash out a F-O-F signal, and then have it come back home... I'll be there shortly." Standish said, as he replaced the phone on its cradle, as he looked to Eliza. "Duty calls." he said, apologetically.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:48 am

CONTINUED...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BATTLESTAR URANTIA

"OPUS"

Created and Written By: BruceAdama

Based Upon "Battlestar Galactica", Created By Ronald D. Moore and David Eick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPUS

LIBRAN

The combat wing of over two-dozen Cylon Raiders came about, and roared towards their targets, to make another strafing pass.

As the wings of Raiders drew closer to their targets, the full scope of the battlefield became visible... four Cylon Basestars, all letting loose with everything they had, on a battle group of three Colonial Battlestars, as the Basestars hung ominously in space, their double-saucer forms slowly rotating.

The starscape was awash with weapons fire, flak bursts, and both Colonial Vipers and Cylon Raiders. The weapons tracers from the Battlestars and the Basestars intersected each other, as explosions dotted the sky.

The lead Cylon Raider swept in front of the formation, as it drew closer to one of the three Battlestars.

Inside the lead Raider, three Centurions sat, two chrome, and one gold, as their red scanners roved from side to side. The gold leader spoke up, filling the cockpit with the loud mechanical voice of the Cylon.

"Battlestar Selphinia has lost all portside defenses... combat wings two and four, continue assault on Battlestar Selphinia... all other wings regroup, and continue pursuit of Battlestar Carillon." the gold leader stated.

"By your command." one of the chrome subordinates replied.

In space, the wings of Raiders broke formation, as the smaller group remained near Battlestar Selphinia, and the rest of the group proceeded to head for Battlestar Carillon.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, another dozen Raiders screamed through the formation, almost impacting with it, as if this new squadron was running like hell from something. Not but a second later, a massive flash of bright light was seen off to the side, which was the beginning of an utterly massive explosion... one of the three Battlestars had finally managed to destroy one of the four Basestars. The double-saucer Basestar exploded apart with violence, sending fire and debris flowering out into space, causing even more Raiders to run for their lives, lest they be caught up in the aftermath of the destruction.

The third Battlestar on the scene was for the most part, not taking heavy fire, mostly because the Cylons were busy trying to deal with the other two Battlestars, which were both bigger than the third. It was this third Battlestar that had done away with the fourth Cylon Basestar. This Battlestar was familiar, but also looked slightly different... this was the Battlestar Urantia, but it was sporting an aft "rollbar" that somewhat covered its engines.

Cylon Raiders flew past and over the Urantia, strafing her, as the cannons of the mighty ship spat out awesome volleys at the oncoming Cylons, and ammunition tracers dotted the sky, like so many millions of stars.

CIC

The ship shook with yet another Cylon weapons impact, and the crew steadied themselves, as the Commander looked up at the DRADIS screens, as his XO turned to him, calling out...

"Commander Alma... the destruction of that Basestar is causing the remaining three to reorient, and converge on our position... they're attempting to bracket us in!" the young XO relayed.

Commander Alma looked to the DRADIS with contempt for the Cylons in his eyes, as he squinted with frustrated anger, his short-cut red hair adding to the fire already in his eyes. Finally, he nodded to himself, and picked up the phone handset from the CIC table, and brought it to his lips.

"This is the Commander... radiological ship-to-ship is hereby authorized... repeat... radiological ship-to-ship is authorized." he said, as he set down the handset back in its cradle, and looked to the Officer of the Watch. "Mister Jarom... take your launch key, and initiate launch sequence of radiological warhead. Your target is the Basestar at three-four-six, carom eight-five." Alma stated, burning determination in his eyes.

"Aye, Sir!" Jarom replied, as he moved to carry out his Commander's orders, as the XO walked next to Commander Alma, and whispered in his ear.

"Sir... at our distance from that Basestar, we might get to see that thing go ka-boom from the inside-out." the XO lamented.

The Commander looked to his XO, his face wearing a look of determination.

"We'll be all right... but those toaster motherfrakkers are gonna get sent straight to hell... as long as I command this ship, the Cylons will not take Libran... for three months, our forces have been on the run. No more. It's time to fight back, and fight back hard. Now, what you need to do, is get over to Mister Jarom over there, and help him plot a set of emergency jump coordinates... we're jumping away, before that Basestar goes up." Alma stated.

"Aye, Sir." the XO answered, as he moved to walk over to where Mister Jarom was, as Commander Alma once again lifted the phone handset from its cradle.

"This is Urantia Actual... all Vipers, come on home... we're leaving. All hands, all decks... prepare for combat jump!" he called out, as he turned to his XO and Mister Jarom. "Launch nukes!" he ordered.

"Aye, Sir." Jarom replied, as sweat beaded upon his face, and he took the radiological launch key, and with a shaky hand, slowly lowered it into the activation slot, as the XO watched over him, a sympathetic look on his face. Jarom began to turn the key into activation mode, but was having trouble. It was then, that the XO's hand wrapped itself around Jarom's, and slid Jarom's hand off the key. Jarom looked to the XO, with eyes that seemed to shout out "thank you".

"It's okay, Son... I'll do it." the XO stated softly, as he proceeded to complete the turn of the launch key, as he then looked up to face Commander Alma. "Launch authorization green, Sir. Nukes are away!" he called out.

With that, Commander Alma looked up to the DRADIS, to monitor the progress.

In space, the Battlestar Urantia shot out two nuclear missiles, that raced straight for the closest two Basestars.

Mere seconds after the twin missiles were launched, the familiar FTL ring washed over Urantia, kidnapping it from this region of space, as escaping Cylon Raiders sped through space that but nanoseconds before, had been occupied by a Battlestar.

THE BATTLEFIELD

Was a scene of chaos... the twin nukes that Urantia had launched finally impacted with their targets, and two more Basestars blew apart, in equally spectacular explosions, that expanded outward, as the radiological wake consumed entire wings of Raiders.

At the same time, the Battlestars Selphinia and Carillon, which were literally consumed by a bubble of weapons and flak fire, were both instantly enveloped by the wash of the FTL rings, moving over the ships, and transporting them away from this combat zone, as the surviving Raiders scrambled in all directions, to find safe harbor, and reorient themselves.

SURVIVING CYLON BASESTAR

A gold leader centurion stood at the foot of a high platform, and looked up, as he addressed another party, in the cavernous room.

"Three-fourths of our battle group have been destroyed by Colonial Battlestars... our remaining Raiders are being recovered... Battlestars Selphinia, Carillon, and Urantia have fled." the Centurion leader relayed.

For a long moment, there was no reply. Finally, a new voice made itself heard... a mechanical voice, but one with a much softer and gentle tone than that of the Centurions....

"I see..." it began. "Very well... after our Raiders have been recovered, we shall jump away from this system, and procure reinforcements... our FTL drive was slightly damaged during the campaign, but I believe we can successfully initiate a jump to Canceron." the voice said, as now, the source of the mild voice revealed itself, as it appeared from over the edge of the high platform... an IL-series Cylon.

Now, it was another Centurion's turn to speak... a chrome model, who had entered the room while the other two were conversing.

"All of our Raiders have been recovered, and are secure." the chrome Centurion relayed.

"Very well... initiate jump." the IL-series instructed.

"By your command." the gold leader stated, as both he and the chrome model left the room.

SURVIVING CYLON BASESTAR

The ship drifted in space at a slight angle for but a few seconds, until the FTL ring engulfed the massive ship, causing it to vanish from sight, leaving only empty space behind.

Split seconds later, the massive Basestar burst into view, but something was not right... the ship had jumped out not into normal, open space, but had instead jumped into the upper atmosphere of a planet.

Almost instantly, the planet's gravity claimed the Cylon ship, and the heat of the descent through the upper layers of the atmosphere became visible, due to extreme heating around the edges of the Basestar's hull, as it fell through the sky.

As flames engulfed the lower edges of the Cylon ship, the entire compliment of Raiders was being evacuated, as the dozens upon dozens of Raider wings came scrambling out of the launch bays.

Unfortunately, the Cylons were going down in a region of the planet that was being consumed by powerful snow blizzards, and the Raiders were being forced to crash land on the surface, as in the distance, the massive Basestar vanished underneath the thick layer of clouds and snow flurries, as it fell to its inevitable demise.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:53 am

CONTINUED...

RUION

The lone Viper from Urantia flew through space, above the frigid northern hemisphere of the planet Ruion, en route to intercept the craft that Urantia had detected leaving the surface.

From the cockpit, Urantia's CAG, Grae Aziere, watched, as the sphere of the planet moved by, under her craft, until finally, she saw a dark-rust-colored speck moving upwards fast, from the atmosphere... a small ship.

She watched, as the craft broke free of the upper atmosphere, and began to angle about, to face her Viper, in open space.

She quickly opened up the communications channels both to Urantia, and to whatever craft this was. She contacted her ship first.

"Urantia Actual, this is the CAG... I have visual contact with the craft... it has just cleared the planet's atmosphere, and is slowly heading in my direction. Now transmitting request for I-F-F codes." she began.

CIC

D'Anna watched intently, as Commander Standish looked up at the DRADIS screens, as he listened to Medusa's comm voice.

"What say you, Medusa?" he asked, softly.

In the cockpit, Grae had to shake her head, as if she was confused.

"I don't know, Sir... it definitely looks like a small version of a ship like the ones in the fleet of Emilon pilgrims... Looks like it can hold about twenty people or so... I'm not seeing any weapons... it's a dark rust-color... standby, Actual... I'm reading a reply to my request... the response is in one of the Sagittaron dialects! They're human! The Emilonians were right... there IS a human population here!" she began.

CIC

Upon hearing the news, some in the room began to cheer, as Standish delivered his reply.

"Medusa... send a message to that craft... tell them that we have the group from Emilon here, and that you will escort them alongside Urantia." he stated.

Before Standish could do anything else, Mister Hindri alerted him to some new data.

"Sir! That ship out there is sending out a general distress call... from what I can make out of the message, the ship is identifying itself as the Zenith, and they say they request safe harbor... they're carrying survivors of an attack." he said, looking to the Commander.

Standish looked to D'Anna, both wearing serious looks, as Standish now had a decision to make.

"Mister Hindri, advise the CAG to continue with escort... bring the fleet to Condition One, as a precaution... launch the CAP." he ordered.

"Aye, Sir!" Hindri replied.

Standish looked to D'Anna, asking her a question with his eyes.

"Who the frak knows about the people of Ruion, other than the Emilon pilgrims, and us?" he asked.

"Cylons?" D'Anna offered.

Standish glared at her for a long moment, before giving his answer.

"Let's hope not." he began. "You're with me... I want those people on shuttles bound for our Port Flight Pod ASAP." he began, as both he and D'Anna began to leave the room. "Mister Hindri... you have the deck." he added.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:57 am

CONTINUED...

A small group of three Colonial shuttles made their way to Urantia, heading for the port flight pod, as each shuttle fired thruster bursts, to slow down, and orient for the landing approach. Around the shuttles, Vipers flew by, patrolling the area, and protecting the fleet ships.

Commander Standish and D'Anna stood by in the flight pod, along with a large group of people, which included some of the people from the Emilon pilgrim fleet, including Captain Zender Kline, of the Emilonian military cruiser Sal Caltanis.

The group watched, as the three shuttles slowly entered the vast flight pod, and touched down, as the release of thruster exhaust ended the trip, and Colonial Marines rushed up to the shuttles, to open the hatches.

As the first hatch was opened, the Urantia group waited with baited breath, as they all looked to the interior of the shuttle. Finally, after a long moment, a single human face peered out from behind the inside wall of the shuttle, and looked around quickly, before deciding it was safe, and then, the person emerged fully into view.

It was a man... in his mid 30's, and he was wearing a suit of shiny maroon, almost as if it were velvet. He had black hair, and a funny-looking hat, which was also made of the same maroon material. As he cautiously stepped down the plank, escorted by Urantia Marines, Commander Standish, Captain Kline, and D'Anna stepped forward to meet him, hands extended.

"I am Commander Tyler Standish, of the Battlestar Urantia, representing the Twelve Colonies of Kobol. Welcome." he began.

For a moment, the man looked uncertain, as his eyes darted about the vast deck, but he then relaxed slightly, and took Standish's hand, shaking it.

"My name is Ebenezer Nye." he stated.

Standish nodded, as he indicated to the others in his party.

"Mister Nye... this is my XO, D'Anna Biers. And this is Captain Zender Kline, of the military cruiser Sal Caltanis... from the world of Emilon, of which I hear you know?" he asked.

"Aye... we know of the Emilon colony." Nye said, shaking Kline's hand. "How fare your people?" he asked.

"Well, I can't speak for the entire population of Emilon, but the group I'm leading is faring well." Kline replied.

"The people you're leading?" Nye asked, puzzled.

"Aye." Kline began. "I command the ship that was given charge of escorting a group of religious pilgrims from Emilon, back to Kobol." he said.

"I see." Nye began, nodding, as he suddenly looked to Standish, his eyes wide. "We need to join you!" he blurted out. "We can't stay here, on Ruion... not after the... the... attacks." he said.

"What attacks?" Standish asked.

"You would not believe it, Commander... but I swear to you, it is the very truth.... a small army... of mechanical men... with eyes of moving red light! They came after us... to our towns... doing nothing but shooting... killing." Nye said, his voice and face painted with fear.

At the mention of "mechanical men, with eyes of moving red light", Standish and D'Anna shared a look, their faces now grim and serious, as Standish looked back to Nye.

"Did you say mechanical men... with eyes of moving red light?" Standish asked, repeating.

"Aye, I did." Nye replied. "This is the truth, as I say it unto you!" he added, thinking they might not believe him.

Standish looked back up to Nye, his face serious, yet sympathetic.

"I believe you, Mister Nye... trust me... I believe you only too well." he lamented. "We know of the "mechanical men" of which you speak... they are called Cylons." Standish offered, as he looked from Nye to D'Anna.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:02 am

CONTINUED...

The mighty ship led the fleet along, in a high orbit over Ruion's north pole, as a large group of Raptors and Vipers flew away from the Battlestar, and began to head for Ruion.

From her cockpit seat, Grae Azaire, Urantia's CAG,led the scouting party, that was going to scout the surface of Ruion, for any signs of Cylons, or more survivors of the attacks.

"Urantia Actual, this is the CAG... we're beginning our descent now" she began, as she switched her focus to the other craft in her scouting party. "Okay, kids... eyes open... from what Ebenezer Nye told the Old Man, the party that found the Cylons was in one of the tundra regions... shouldn't be too hard to find those black Raiders, in all that white snow." she began.

As the Raptors and Vipers descended into the skies of Ruion, they flew over the snowy tundra, as the ground below them raced by. Eventually, they began to see patches of ground that looked burnt, or scorched, followed by the debris and rubble from various homes, and other structures. Finally, the group began to fly over an area littered with dead bodies strewn about, as if they had all died fleeing, or running.

"Oh, Gods..." one of the Raptor pilots exclaimed, over the comm.

"I know, but keep focused." Grae began, as she quickly looked to her mini DRADIS screen, and reacted to a new blip on her scope. "Okay, fellas... looks like we got a contact... bearing three-two five, carom four-seven... let's go see." she added.

In the sky, the whole team angled about, and headed towards the new DRADIS contact.

XO'S CABIN

D'Anna sat on her couch, staring at Father Cavil, who was seated across from her, both people wearing a look of confusion, as if they were both at a loss as what to do.

"Cylons." Cavil stated, plainly.

"Cylons." D'Anna replied.

"Out here?" Cavil asked.

"Out here." D'Anna repeated.

"How? Who sent the order for a unit to be dispatched to Ruion?" Cavil asked.

"Not me." D'Anna said, raising her arms up, for emphasis. "In any event, a Basestar is on its way... we will attempt to establish contact upon arrival... which should be within the next hour or so." she added, as Cavil looked to her, nodding his silent approval, as he rested his chin upon steepled fingers, lost in thought.

RUION

Grae scanned the horizon, as her Viper began to clear an icy mountain range. It was then, that she got a huge shock, as she noticed something filling the horizon, that should not have been there... protruding from the far mountainside, was an absolutely massive white hulk... it was partially crumbled and in ruins, but she could make out two sets of saucers, that were half-sticking out of the mountainside.

"Gods... what the frak is that?" she asked, aloud.

As if in response to her question, she was brought back to reality, by the sounds of ammunition tracers flying by her Viper, as an instant later, about two dozen grey and black saucer-shaped craft came screaming past her Viper, and almost disappeared along the horizon, before angling about, and beginning another approach.

"FRAK!" she called out. "All Vipers, weapons free, weapons free!" she called out.

In the sky, the Vipers broke formation, and began to mix it up with the old Cylon Raiders, as the Vipers broke for Ruion orbit, trying to lead the Raiders away from the planet. It worked.

In her cockpit, Grae clumsily activated the comm,and called Urantia, while she tried to shoot down her attackers.

"Urantia, this is Medusa... we've got... at least, I think we've got... Cylons? we're under fire, but we're leading them away from the planet... Raptor teams are en route back to the barn." she reported, as suddenly, she got the most unwelcome surprise of the day...

From her cockpit windows, she saw the signature flashring of light that was the FTL exit jump, and instantly, before her, was a single Cylon Basestar, it's massive double-Y form looming ominous in space.

"Oh, frak, no... not today..." she lamented.

But suddenly, things began to change...

In space, the Cylon Basestar began deploying its hundreds of Raiders, as the black, claw-like ships came swarming out of the giant ship, and began to race towards the older Raiders.

OLD CYLON RAIDER

In the cockpit, three chrome Centurions sat, their scanner lights roving from right to left, as the one in charge reacted to the sight of the new Raiders.

"Unidentified craft on attack vector... new contacts outnumber Colonial targets five to one... disengage pursuit of Colonial Vipers, and initiate pursuit of unknown contacts." the lead Centurion stated.

"By your command" the Centurion to the lower left responded.

THE FLEET

The Battlestar Urantia began to angle about, as the ragtag fleet was jumping away, to the emergency coordinates. Finally, the guns of Urantia opened up, and began to target both groups of Cylons.

In space, the two Cylon fleets met, as the old Raiders began to open fire on the new Raiders, destroying many of them upon impact, as the new Raiders were not expecting to come under fire.

CYLON BASESTAR

D'Anna, two of the Dorals, and one of the Ginas, looked on, at the scrolling data, as they witnessed the Cylons firing on their own.

"What are they doing?" D'Anna called out, beside herself with shock, as she turned to the gold Leader Centurion, who was standing nearby, flanked by two of the newer Centurions. "I thought you had authority over these Centurions?" she asked.

"I was not made aware of any Cylon presence in this system, or this planet... the Centurions under my command are all aboard this vessel." he stated.

D'Anna looked to him, knowing that he was telling the truth, but not wanting to believe that these Cylons would not recognize their own kind.

"I want you to dispatch a wing of your own Centurions to intercept those Raiders... contact them, and make them know that we are here to take them home." she said.

"By your command." the gold Leader replied, as he turned to leave, but was stopped in his tracks, by one of the newer Centurions, who looked down to face him, as its scanner moved in a "V" pattern, as if the Centurion was challenging the Leader's authority. The new model kept this staring contest up for a solid five seconds, before it finally relented, and stepped out of the Leader's way, as it watched the gold Leader leave the room.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:07 am

CONTINUED...

The great ship began to angle towards the field of battling Cylon ships, as the cannons and guns of the ship turned to face the Cylon fleets, and began opening fire, sending tracers streaking towards both fleets.

FORWARD OBSERVATION LOUNGE

In the darkened room, a cleaning specialist was looking at the new battle raging outside, and he opened his mouth with awe at what he was seeing... the specialist was an older man, well into his sixties, and after a second, he rushed to the phone on the nearby wall, and frantically called for CIC.

"This is Specialist Turna... I need to speak with Actual." he said, in an awed, yet panicked voice.

CIC

Commander Standish picked up the handset, and brought it to his ear, as the call was also routed through the speakers.

"Actual." he stated.

"Commander..." Turna's voice began. "If you could see what I'm seeing, Sir... those ships fighting out there... the Cylons are fighting each other! There are at least a dozen or more of those old Raiders, Sir... mixing it up with the Cylons that just jumped in!" he exclaimed.

"Say again?" Standish said, looking to D'Anna, who shared his puzzled look.

"Those Raiders, Sir... they're the kind like you and I knew... from the war over 40 years ago, Sir! And they're fighting with those newer Cylons out there!" the man's comm voice repeated.

Suddenly, Standish's look grew more serious.

"Thank you, Mister Turna." he said, as he placed the phone back into its cradle, looking at D'Anna. "Mister Hindri... there are less of those old Raiders out there, than the newer ones, and I'd rather go up against them, than the newer versions, and that Basestar out there... we'll deal with the old Cylons later... right now, I want targeting solutions on that Basestar and her Raiders... suspend fire on the older Raiders." he ordered, as he again lifted the phone from the cradle. "Medusa... the storm's about to clear... but I want you to bag me one of those old Raiders out there... do what you have to... just get me one." he ordered.

The weapons tracers and flak explosions mixed with the dozens upon dozens of Raiders, old and new, that were zipping about the starscape, firing on each other, that she could see from her cockpit windows.

"Affirmative, Urantia... I'll see what I can whip up." she replied, as she swung her Viper around.

In space, Medusa's Viper led the formation of Urantia Vipers towards the groups of older Raiders, as now, the wings of newer Raiders was being forced back to the Basestar, by the fire from the older Raiders.

The weapons of Urantia were sailing into the fray, slamming into one escaping Raider after the other, as now, many of the older Raiders were also fleeing, and jumping out, with FTL.

Medusa's Viper locked on to one old Raider, and she let loose on it, with both guns, scoring a direct hit on the starboard engine fan, which caused the Raider to veer off course, as it raced toward the flight deck of Urantia's port flight pod, allegedly on a collision course.

From her cockpit, Grae saw what the Raider was doing.

Oh, no, you don't..." she stated, aloud, as she decided to try something daring... she fired her thrusters to full burn, overshooting the Raider, and then slowed down in front of it, just enough, so that the Raider nudged the aft section of her Viper, slowing to her Viper's speed, as it did so.

Finally, both craft came screaming through the flight pod, and Grae again fired up the thrusters, as she pulled away, and the Raider came crashing down upon the flight deck, as her Viper screamed back out into open space, through the other end of the flight pod.

"Urantia Actual." she began. "You may want to check your mail... I think someone left you a special delivery in the port flight pod... but you may want to bring some Marines with you... in case it doesn't wanna play nice." she added.

CIC

Cheers erupted throughout the room, as Standish held the phone close to his mouth, as he replied, smiling.

"This is Actual... all personnel, clear the port flight deck... Marine detachment to port flight pod!" he called out, as he pulled the phone away from his face, as he looked up at the DRADIS, wearing the smile of military victory.

In space, the remaining old Raiders jumped away, as the weapons tracers and ammunition from Urantia sailed towards the massive black Basestar, as the new raider wings scrambled to flee.

Finally, the weapons tracers grew in length, as they neared the point of impact with the Basestar, as Urantia's Vipers followed, giving chase, and firing all the way.

Then, suddenly, the entire Basestar, and all the remaining new Raiders were whisked away, by one large, and dozens of smaller FTL flashrings, as the missiles and Vipers of Urantia sailed through the space that had just been occupied by a Cylon Basestar, and her fighters.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:10 am

CONTINUED...

BATTLESTAR URANITA - BSG-53

PORT FLIGHT POD

The remaining CAP patrol Vipers flew past the entrance to the long flight deck, in which sat a single vintage Cylon Raider, as dozens of Marines entered the deck, scrambling to take a guard position in front of the craft's canopy.

After a few seconds, Commander Standish and D'Anna entered the room, as they were met by Grae, who climbed down from her Viper's cockpit, and ran to meet them.

"Medusa." Standish said, as he and D'Anna continued walking, until they stopped in front of the craft, as the Marines had their rifles raised at the Raider.

"What the frak is that thing?" Grae asked.

"That, Medusa... is what the toasters flew during the first Cylon War... it's a relic... a relic out of time." he began, as he began to step forward.

"Careful Sir!" one of the Marines called out, as Standish looked to him.

Standish gestured for the man to open the canopy, and after a second, he got up, and handed his rifle to his teammate, as he walked over to the front of the craft, and cautiously felt for the canopy activation button.

Finally, after some groping, he found it, and with a very loud snap/hissing sound, the canopy slid open.

Instantly, all the Marines raised their rifles, as the image of three Cylon Centurions in their seats filled the view.

With remarkable speed, the lead Centurion stood up, and filled the room with his loud mechanical robotic voice.

"Exterminate!" he called out, as he drew his weapon, and opened fire.

The first round from the Centurion almost hit Medusa, and would have, if Standish had not jumped into her, knocking her out of the way.

The Marines returned fire, and scored hits on all the Centurions, totally destroying all but one of them... one of the subordinates, who was badly damaged, but lucid.

As Standish and Grae got up, dusting themselves off, Standish looked to the lone remaining Cylon, as it fidgeted and twitched, its servos malfunctioning.

"Make sure that one can't fire... and throw it in the brig." he said, as he looked to D'Anna. "I think it's time we got some answers... I'm gonna ask it what the frak it's doing way out here... and how it discovered Ruion." he added.

"Sir..." D'Anna began, turning to face Standish. "Permission to also interrogate the prisoner?" she asked.

"Why... you thought of some questions that I haven't?" he asked.

D'Anna just shrugged, as she studied his face.

"Fine... meet me in the brig in two hours." Standish replied, as he and Grae left, leaving D'Anna to watch, as the Marines extricated the Centurions from the Raider's cockpit.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:14 am

Written by BruceAdama and RoslinAdamaJunkie

CONTINUED...

Grae followed Standish into his cabin, as she took her flight jacket off, tossing it on the couch, as she stood by, as the Commander walked to his desk, and loosened his collar a bit.

"I still can't see how we got our asses kicked by old tin cans." Grae began, as Standish turned to face her, an amused look on his face.

"There was a lot to say for those tin cans." he began. "They still had guns, and FTL... and those Cylon pilots could handle far more g-forces than we could... they had a maneuvering adantage. They're not just tin cans." he said.

"Yes, they are." Grae replied.

"No, they're not." Standish shot back, holding up one finger, to keep her from continuing.

For a moment, Grae just looked at him, a smile wanting to break free, but she kept her composure, and finally, decided to change the subject, as she plopped herself down hin his sofa.

"So... who'se that woman I've been seeing you with recently... the redhead?" she asked.

"Eliza Winnow." Standish began, as he walked over to the other end of the sofa, to sit near Medusa. "She's one of the pilgrim women from the Emilon fleet... she's from the Sepia Moon." he added, sitting down, with a tired sigh.

"So that's why that ship is always tagging alongside us." Medusa said, looking to him with a toying smile. "And all this time, I thought that you and the XO were an item." she added.

Standish looked to her, with a face that tried hard to look serious, but could not help being amused.

"Is it that obvious?" he asked.

"It is. Sneaking around on the XO, are we?" she asked back.

"No, she's just interesting to talk to. Eliza seems lonely." the Commander replied.

"Lonely on a ship full of her own people?" Grae asked, wanting to continue this verbal game.

"You know what I mean." Standish shot back.

"No... I don't. Explain it to me." she replied, smiling.

"She is... um... I need a drink." Standish said, getting up from the sofa.

"All that booze isn't good for you fearless leader." Grae shot at him, turning her head to face him.

"Only you can talk to me that way and not fear the brig." he offered, as Grae now got up herself, and went over to him, and rested her hand on Standish's shoulder as he poured himself a drink. When he turned to her he caught a faint glimpse of red skin. Placing the glass back on the table he grabbed her arm and moved her sleeve up to see an angry red mark that had begun to heal. It looked about two days old to his eyes. Standish lowered his head and made his grip tighter.

"I thought you said you had stopped this." he said, softly.

"I had... but you know how hard it is when you start something... It's hard to stop." she offered.

"I never thought of you as that weak." Standish shot back.

Grae had to fight back tears... the Commander's words stung like a needle, going deep into her skin. She felt a wave of shame wash over her, like a small child that had just been disciplined.

"I'm not weak." she protested.

She pulled hard, and freed her arm from the Commander's grasp, as his icy stare of disappointment kept drilling into her. She had felt responsible for letting the Cylons destroy the Itaron, and this was as much punishment as it was for pain mixed with the pleaure of the fact that she alone had the power to hurt herself and no one else.

"Talk to me. What's going on to make you do this again?" he asked her.

"Nothing... it's just... it was my fault the Cylons took out the Itaron... if I had been quicker... better... you entrusted me with the safety of that ship." she said.

Standish looked back down at his drink, as he brought it up to his lips.

"It was no one's fault, you had your hands busy." he offered.

"It's not good for you to drink so much... you might hurt yourself." she said.

"That doesn't stop you." he shot back, the words again stinging her like pins.

"So were both masochists. I guess we're both frakked up that way. Guess that's why we're meant to be together." she offered, as said and slumped down to the couch and waited for Standish to get another drink, as she propped her boots up on his coffee table. Sometimes it annoyed him that she did that even when he had paper work to go over but tonight he let her because she needed a little freedom after everything that had happened lately. They had lost two more pilots that were friends of Grae's and the guilt was eating at her. Standish could see it though, and he thought it better not to say anything.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:18 am

CONTINUED...

The ship continued leading the fleet along, above the northern polar region of Ruion.

URANTIA BRIG

The guard on duty opened the door to allow Commander Standish and D'Anna inside, as the Commander looked to the beaten chrome Centurion, in the cell, as seen in the dim light of the brig, the lights reflected brilliantly off of the shiny chrome armor of the Centurion. Because of the beating the mechanized warrior had taken, the red light of his scanner was moving, but doing so at a very sluggish pace.

As Standish walked forward, D'Anna held back a few paces, looking pitifully at the Centurion, her face showing the slightest amount of disdain for what the Marines had done to it.

Upon seeing the humans, the Centurion turned to face Standish, the slowed-down whine of its scanner filling the room.

"Can it speak?" Standish asked, half-turning to the guard.

The guard was about to reply, when he was interrupted.

"Die, human!" the Centurion spat out, with a loud mechanical voice.

"That answers that." Standish whispered aloud, mostly to himself, as he now focused on his captive. "You are on board the Battlestar Urantia... do you understand me?" he asked.

"Colonial Battlestar Urantia." the Centurion repeated.

"Correct." Standish began. "How did you come to be on this planet... Ruion?" he added.

"I will not answer your questions. Exterminate!" the Centurion called out, as it reached for its sidearm, but found it missing.

"You are unarmed, and pose no threat. Unless you wish us to destroy you, I suggest you respond to my questions." Standish offered.

For a long series of moments, the only sound to be heard was that of the Cylon's scanner.

"How did you come to be on Ruion?" Standish asked, again, more firmly.

"Ruion..." the Cylon began. "That location is unknown. We were engaging the Colonial Battlestars Selphinia, Urantia, and Carillon, when two Cylon Basestars were destroyed by radiological weapons. "Our battle group returned to our Basestar, and we initiated hyperlight jump to Canceron. Our hyperlight drive sustained damage from the battle, and we crashed on the northern continent of Canceron." the Centurion stated, flatly.

Standish thought about the report he had just been given.

"Battlestars Selphinia... Carillon... and Urantia..." he began, thinking it over. "That had to be... wait a minute... that was... was that the Battle of Libran?" he asked.

"Libran." the Centurion repeated.

"Uh-huh..." Standish began, putting it together. "That was before my time on Urantia... Commander Alma was in command then." he said, looking to D'Anna. "That was the Battle of Libran... three Battlestars fought off four Basestars, over Libran. Urantia took out two of the Basestars, as she jumped away." he added, as he looked to the Centurion. "You did not crash on Canceron... you jumped very far away... you crashed on a planet known as Ruion."

"Ruion." the chrome warrior replied.

"What happened to your IL? Who is in command?" D'Anna asked.

"Our IL was destroyed when our Basestar impacted on the surface. The Centurion with the most combat experience and longest time online was given command of our regiment." the Cylon reported, as Standish looked to D'Anna.

The ship and her fleet kept orbit over Ruion.

XO'S CABIN

D'Anna sat facing Father Cavil, as she waited for him to react to the report she just gave him.

"So... this regiment of Centurions... somehow, not only jumped all this way from Libran... but also survived the loss of their IL... and their gold Leader?" he asked.

"Looks that way." she replied.

"No wonder they attacked our Raiders... they didn't know who we were... they missed the last 40-plus years." Cavil stated. "What's to become of the prisoner?" he added, looking up to D'Anna.

"I'm sure Standish will destroy it, when he's done with it." she lamented.

"We can't allow that to happen... that Centurion has knowledge of these Ruion people, and possibly of other stuff out here. I'm going to bring our Basestar back... I want the gold Leader put in charge of a recovery operation." he said. "Any problem with that?" he asked.

"Not at all..." D'Anna began, as she laid back into her couch, spreading her arm out, on the tops of the cushions. "By your command." she added.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:23 am

CONTINUED...

The mighty Battlestar continued to lead her fleet over Ruion, but now the fleet had begun to move slightly southward, towards the equatorial line of the planet.

The Commander was playing host to a large group of refugees from Ruion, as well as the prominent members of the Emilon fleet, as he sat down at the head of his table, to dine with the group, as plates of food and glasses of drink were passed around.

It was obvious that the Ruion refugees were delighted to be reunited with their Emilon brethren, as they shared tales of the exploits of each other's ships and the like. Standish listened in on a conversation going on between Captain Kline, of the Sal Caltanis, and Ebenezer Nye... who was the spokesperson for the refugees on the Zenith.

"Aye, it was a nice, clean vict'ry." Kline said, continuing a tale about how his military cruiser had captured an Emilonian pirate vessel. "We bore 'round, and took her a'prize without ever firing a shot... she knew the 'Caltanis outgunned her three to one, so her Captain felt it best she be took without a bloody fight." he said.

As he drank some water from his glass, Nye looked to Kline, asking him a question.

"Your dialect... what place on Emilon did you say you're from? I know people that have traveled to Emilon, but I myself, have never been." he stated.

"Ah, aye... 'tis a unique way of speakin'." Kline began. "I'm from Gladmyston Glenn... right on the shore, near Gladmyston Harbor." he answered. "Not too far from where most of the pilgrims are from." he added.

"And that is?" Nye pressed, interested.

"Most of them hail from the town of Crantucket." he began. "But a few of them are from other towns about... like Eliza here." he said, indicating to her, as she sat beside Standish at the table, and the Commander looked at her.

"You know... I kind of wonder... you never did tell me where you're from." he said, softly, looking her in the eyes.

Eliza looked to him, as if she didn't know what to make of his interest in her hometown. Dabbing her mouth with a napkin, she began to give her answer, facing him first, then the rest.

"Fine..." she said, as she now looked to the rest of the group. "Nancassett... I'm from Nancassett." she stated, as the others nodded with approval, as Standish looked to her, as she met his look, and he broke a small smile at her, as he returned to his eating.

Finally, Standish decided to speak up again, addressing the whole group from Ruion.

"Well, all this talk of towns brings me to something I wanted to discuss with all of you." he began. I would like to know if there are any other towns on Ruion that you feel may have escaped the Cylon attacks... if that be the case, I'd like to suggest you allow a Raptor team to evacuate the planet, before we jump out... I'd like to save as many lives as possible... now that the Cylons know that there is a regiment of Centurions on your world, I feel certain they will be returning... in force." he stated.

For a long set of minutes, he looked around, as the Ruion group looked to one another. Finally, one woman spoke up... a young woman in her late 20's, with black hair that was elaborately arranged, intermingled with long blue ribbon, which matched a very elaborate light blue and white pattern dress... she was obviously a well-to-do among these people.

"I am not from the northern settlements." she offered, looking to Standish uncertainly. "I'm from a small township, on the central continent." she added.

"I see, Miss...?" Standish asked.

"Abernigh... Philomena Abernigh." she answered modestly, as she returned to her eating.

"Very well." Standish began. "It appears that since both of your worlds do not posses any degree of high technology, which, I assume, is by choice?" he asked, pausing.

"Aye, it is." Captain Kline replied. "We believe that high technology makes men lax, and takes away from his essence, and sense of self-worth. Star flight is essential to both maintaining contact with our Ruion brothers and sisters, and also to our ability to manufacture petrium, so we have kept that technology... but socially, we have all made the choice to leave most modern advances out of our lives." he added.

"Besides... a musket will kill a man, just as quick as a gun will." Ebenezer Nye replied.

Standish was pouring himself more ambrosia when Nye made that comment, and it caused Standish to pause, as his eyes lifted themselves to look at Nye.

"I suppose that's true." Standish offered gently, as he finished pouring, and set the decanter down upon the table. "Well, since that is the case... both your peoples are unable to repel a Cylon attack. Urantia and her fleet can't stay in orbit of Ruion forever, and we want you to be protected. All of you." he added. "I'll keep the fleet in orbit until we complete a search and rescue expedition to the central continent... after that, we'll jump out of this system." he completed.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:27 am

CONTINUED...

The ship led the ragtag fleet along, in Ruion orbit, as many Raptors flew out of the flight pods, and began to fly over the world, beginning the SAR mission that Standish had ordered.

It had been a long day, and after hearing about the towns on Emilon and Ruion, Tyler Standish wanted a rest. The woman from Ruion whom he had met at dinner, Philomena Abernigh, has been able to tell him about the layout of her town, and roughly how many people lived there, but she knew nothing of tylium, or if there was any tylium deposits anywhere on Ruion. However, if there were Cylons here, that meant that the search for tylium would have to be continued another place, as he was fairly certain the Cylons had taken any of the fuel that might have been present for themselves, long ago.

He walked over to his table, and opened the top of the ambrosia bottle, and poured himself a drink. He was about to down the liquid, when he heard a rustling sound from behind him, and turned to face it.

He was somewhat surprised to see Eliza standing there, in the doorway to his rack, looking at him.

"Sorry... the guards let me in... I wanted to surprise you." she stated.

Standish broke a small smile, as he set the glass down.

"Nothing to be sorry about... I'm glad you're here." he began, sighing, as he loosened his collar.

"Long day?" she asked.

"Aye... I'm itching to get out of this system... with the threat of the Cylons returning, the fleet is in danger, and the sooner we can leave, the sooner we can look for fresh fuel." he said, as she walked over to him, and took his uniform jacket off for him.

"Why don't you come to bed, then?" she asked, looking at him with that look in her eyes that was impossible for him to resist.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Yeah." she said, stepping back, and indicating to the bed.

"What if the XO or the CAG comes calling?" he shot back, somewhat playing.

"Tell them you're "otherwise occupied". she offered, as Standish began to follow her, his tired feelings beginning to fall away, as Eliza placed herself on the bed, and began to assume an enticing pose for the Commander.

Just then, someone was at the door, and Standish turned to the door, as he walked over to it.

"Oh, Gods... who is it?" Eliza asked, as Standish opened the door a bit, using his body to conceal the view of his cabin.

"Medusa." he began, addressing Grae. "Now's not a good time... what is it?" he asked, as Grae tried to peek around him, to see who was in the room with him.

"Who's there?" she asked, as Standish moved his head to block her attempts at peeking, until she finally caught a glimpse of Eliza on the bed, as she pulled the covers up. Grae grew a sly smile, and looked at Standish. "Nice going, old man." she said, trying to keep from giggling, as the Commander just wore a frustrated look at her. "Fine. I'm going, I'm going." she added, as she left, walking away.

Standish was about to close the door, but then turned to face one of the Marines outside.

"If anyone else knocks on this door... shoot 'em." he said, softly, but seriously.

The guards just exchanged confused looks, before looking back to him.

"Sir?... Aye... Sir..." they replied, as he shut the door.

"That was horrible..." Eliza began. "You're not really gonna kill anyone." she added.

"The frak I won't." he replied, softly, as he finally made his way to the bed, and got in with her.

THE FLEET

Maintained orbit over Ruion, as suddenly, twin pairs of white flashes appeared, out of the fleet's field of view. But it soon became clear what those two flashes were, as not but two seconds later, multiple missile contrails raced towards Urantia and her fleet, striking a couple of the fleet ships, destroying one totally, and causing the other to drift off course.

CIC

Alarms blared all over the room, as D'Anna looked up at the DRADIS.

"What've we got?" she asked.

"Two Cylon Basestars just jumped in... launching Raiders." the Officer of the Watch relayed. "The Torah Yendru has been destroyed... she was from the Emilon fleet." he added.

"Launch Vipers." D'Anna began. "All portside batteries, engage with full interception fire... where's the old man?" she asked, turning to Mister Hindri, who just shook his head.

In space, the massive ship came about, and opened up with full weapons fire, directed towards the two Cylon ships, as the tracers dotted lines in space, from one ship to the other, as Raiders began to swarm outward from the Basestars.

CIC

The door to the room opened, and Commander Standish entered, buttoning the last button on his jacket, as a specialist handed him a clipboard with the SITREP on it.

"What've we got?" he asked, walking over to D'Anna, ad regarding the DRADIS info.

"Two Basestars just jumped in... the Emilonians lost the Torah Yendru. I've launched all Vipers, but our SAR teams are still down on Ruion." she relayed.

"Get them back up here... we're not staying here any longer." Standish said, as D'Anna repeated his order to Mister Hindri, as the ship shook with a weapons hit. "Bring us to position two-four-nine, carom six!" Standish called out. "Tell the fleet to initiate emergency jump five-one-nine!" he added, as Hindri carried out his orders, and Standish looked to the DRADIS once again.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:31 am

CONTINUED...

The weapons of the mighty Battlestar raced towards the two Basestars, as the raiders now began to mix it up with Urantia's Viper squadrons, which had to break hard to avoid being hit by the Raiders, as they flew past.

A large group of Raiders, led by a Heavy Raider, flew right past the Vipers, and raced right towards Urantia's port flight pod, firing all the way, as the cannons of Urantia angled to come to bear on the approaching invaders.

A small group of Vipers saw what was going on, and came about hard, to give chase, as both groups of craft flew full speed, towards Urantia.

CIC

Standish and D'Anna both gazed up at the DRADIS, as Mister Hindri called out some new data.

"We've got incoming... Raider group, led by a Heavy Raider... heading for the port flight pod!" he called out.

"Close-range suppression fire... don't let anything past our firing solution!" D'Anna called out.

CYLON RAIDER GROUP

The large contingent of Raiders sped through the flak and tracers of fire from Urantia, just as the entire sky in front of them exploded with a virtual wall of fire, as Urantia's close-range artillery came to life, filling the forward view with massive fireballs and flak charges.

Instantly, many of the Raiders broke formation, and spread out, but the Heavy raider was on a mission... a mission from the command Basestar itself, and it was going to complete its mission...

Suddenly, the Heavy raider vanished from sight, as the FTL flashring engulfed it, leaving only the fire from Urantia's guns remaining.

PORT FLIGHT POD

Out of nowhere, and most unexpectedly, a large FTL flashring exploded to life, right in midair, near the entrance to the flight pod, and the Heavy Raider appeared. The sudden explosion of the FTL wash created a powerful shockwave inside the confines of the flight pod, which created an expanding bubble of pressure and force, which spread from the Heavy Raider outwards, tearing apart the landing surfaces, and smashing massive open gashes in the bulkheads and hull, opening the sides of the flight pod to open space, as the vehicles and people on the deck were thrown back by the force of the wake.

As the force bubble expanded to outside of the ship, the Heavy Raider landed, and after a few seconds, the hatch opened, and at first, all that was visible from the inside of the craft, was nothing but pitch black, until a lone red light sprang to life, roving from left to right, and making an eerie whining sound, as behind it, many more roving red lights came to life, moving to and fro, in a "V" pattern.

The Centurions began to file out of the craft, led by the gold Leader, and stepped down the ramp to the flight deck, and turned, just in time to see a large group of Marines rush onto the deck. Instantly, the gold Leader called out an order to his fellow Centurions...

"Exterminate!" it called out, as instantly, all the Centurions switched to guns, and opened fire on the Marines.

LEAD CYLON BASESTAR

In the control room, D'Anna looked over the data streaming in, her hands firmly in the water of the computer terminal, as the other "skinjobs" present looked on, waiting for her to tell them what was going on. Finally, she lifted her eyes to face them.

"Good. The Leader and his team have made their way past the Marines on the port flight pod... they're making their way towards Urantia's Brig now." she relayed, as one of the Ginas paced anxiously.

Inside one of the corridors leading to the Brig, Marines were in a running firefight with the force of Centurions. The Marines ran, as the Centurions maintained near-constant fire on them, with their powerful guns, which spat out almost unceasing rounds. The sounds of gunfire and the whine of Cylon scanning lights filled the hallways.

One Marine scored a direct head shot on one of the newer Centurions behind the gold Leader, causing that Cylon to stagger back and fall, its machinery going haywire, as it twitched on the ground. The result from the gold Leader was instant... it drew its sidearm, and opened fire, at that Marine, the sudden force of the onslaught of bullets causing the Marine to literally fly backward, and hit the wall, slumping to the floor, lifeless, as the rounds of Cylon fire now struck the other Marines, mowing them down, as the gold Leader walked over to one Marine that was struggling to stand, with a wounded leg. The Marine was in the Leader's way, and with no effort at all, the Leader grabbed the human, and tossed him aside, as if he were but a small stone, as the Leader led his force to the Brig.

BRIG

The sound of gunfire hitting the door to the Brig echoes throughout the small room, and finally, the door gave way, and opened, allowing the Centurions in, as the Guard on duty turned to fire his weapon, but was too slow... one of the newer Centurions fired first, sending the man falling backward over the desk.

In the cell, the chrome Centurion turned to face a sight it hadn't seen in over 40 years... one of its own... a gold Leader, flanked by newer Centurions.

LEAD CYLON BASESTAR

In the control room, D'Anna looked up at the others, smiling, as she relayed the news.

"Good... they've secured the Centurion!" she said, as the others smiled, sighing with relief, as Cavil now stepped forward.

"They're on their way back?" he asked.

"Yes." D'Anna replied.

"We're not losing them again... we finally have Urantia where we want her... she's alone, her fleet has jumped away, and is vulnerable... time for a surprise." Cavil stated.

"What do you mean?" D'Anna asked, as now the other also began to look to him, questioningly.

"You don't think I planned to let Urantia leave this place, did you?" he merely replied.

The great ship hung in space, flanked by two massive Cylon Basestars, as the Vipers continued to mix it up with Raiders, and weapons tracers and flak dotted the sky, like so many millions of stars. Suddenly, the Heavy Raider jumped into view, and angled about, on approach back to the lead Basestar.

As the Heavy Raider grew smaller in the distance, it was becoming obvious that Urantia was taking a hell of a pounding... from both port and starboard, the Battlestar was being hit by numerous missiles, one by one, and some sections of the ship were trailing massive plumes of fire. It was then that Cavil's surprise appeared...

An FTL flashring appeared, spitting out a third Basestar, which almost instantly, began to deploy Raider wings, the small craft swarming out of the massive ship.

CIC

As D'Anna and Standish looked at the DRADIS, Mister Hindri called out the new data.

"DRADIS contact! One new Basestar! We have three Basestars out there now, Commander!" he shouted.

Suddenly, the whole ship shook hard, from new weapons impacts, as the crew struggled to keep their footing.

"We've just lost our portside guns, Sir! FTL is offline... explosive decompression reported on decks ten through fifteen!" Hindri called out.

"Frak..." Standish lamented in a loud whisper. "How the hell are we gonna fight of three of them?"

In space, the single Battlestar stood alone, surrounded now by a gauntlet of three Cylon Basestars, each continually pummeling the ship with missile salvo after missile salvo, the weapons striking the ship hard, one by one, as the impacts caused the ship to shake, and areas of the hull to erupt in plumes of fire.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:37 am

CONTINUED...

The lone Battlestar remained surrounded by huge Basestars, under constant and unrelenting fire, as the three Basestars kept slamming Urantia with everything they had.

CIC

The ship shook violently, and stations erupted in sparks, and debris fell, as some consoles burst into flames. For a long moment, Commander Standish stood and watched, taking in the sight of his ship dying before his very eyes... it couldn't end like this, he thought... it simply couldn't... not after everything they'd been through. But nevertheless, there they were, and the room was alive with the sounds of the crew calling out the systems that were failing, and the damage that was being inflicted, one report after the other.

Finally, he could bear no more, and turned to face D'Anna, who looked at him, and finally, nodded, in silent agreement of what he was about to do, as Standish turned to Mister Hindri, and looked to him, the fires of the consoles reflecting in his glasses, as if he were staring into the gates of hell.

"It's over." he began softly, as he now called out his orders. "That's it! All personnel, abandon ship... repeat... abandon ship! All hands to evac Raptors!" he called out, as for a short moment, the crew looked to him, stunned, but quickly nodded, and filed out of the room, leaving only himself and D'Anna. "You too." he added, looking to her.

"Aye, Sir..." she began. "I'll be waiting for you on the Raptor." she added.

"You go." he plainly added, in a mild voice, looking to her.

"Sir... you can't." she protested.

"I am the Commander of this ship... I vowed to fight the Cylons to the bitter end... this is it. My place is here." he stated, as he walked to D'Anna, and shook her hand. "Find the fleet... keep them safe." he said to her, softly. "Tell Eliza..." he began, but reconsidered. "Find the fleet." he repeated, as she withdrew, and stepped back a pace, and saluted her Commander.

Standish returned the salute, as he watched his XO then leave CIC for the last time, looking after her, as she ran out of the room, to the evac stations.

STARBOARD FLIGHT POD

In the massive bay, the engines of dozens of waiting Raptors powered to full, their loud whines filling the hangar, as the last of the people climbed aboard, and the hatches closed shut.

Finally, the first Raptors were away, and arose, as they quickly flew out of the flight pod, and into the raging firestorm that was the battle outside. Stars and Ruion were no longer visible... only a vast ocean of weapons tracers, missile contrails, explosions, and Vipers and Raiders. Then, suddenly, a ring of brilliant pure golden light exploded in front of the Raptor, and when it vanished, the Raptor crew was treated to the serenity of calm open space, with Urantia's ragtag fleet ships holding position, waiting.

LEAD CYLON BASESTAR

In the control room, D'Anna withdrew her hand from the control interface, and looked up to Cavil.

"What the frak do you think you're doing?" she asked him, as the others now looked to him.

"Eliminating Urantia, and after her, the rest of the humans she found." Cavil stated, calmly.

"You frakking idiot!" D'Anna shot back. "I told you... there may be even MORE humans out this way... we NEED Urantia, to take us to them... we have to stay with Urantia, until she returns to the Colonies... THEN we make a move!" she added, as now a group of the newer Centurions was amassing behind Cavil.

D'Anna finally noticed what was going on, and pressed a button on her control interface, and a moment later, the gold Leader entered the room, flanked by his own Centurions, as well as some of the newer models under his direct command.

"I will ask but once, for you to stop this assault on Urantia, right now." D'Anna ordered.

"Or what... you'll do what?" Cavil asked.

D'Anna turned her head slightly, to address the gold Leader behind her, while still looking at Cavil.

"Leader... you are to take your forces, and stop the attack on Urantia. Is that clear?" she asked.

"By your command." the Leader stated, just as Cavil chuckled, sarcastically, as he shook his head.

"That was a bad decision." he said, chiding D'Anna, as behind him, the Centurions all switched from hands to guns, and took aim at the gold Leader, and his team.

"Leader... defend." D'Anna instructed, as behind her, the Leader and his own kind drew their sidearms, and the newer models also switched from hands to guns, and took aim at Cavil's force.

The majority of the other skinjobs in the room looked from side to side, trying to determine what to make of this.

"D'Anna... think about what you're about to do... do you really want to fire on your fellow Cylons? My Centurions WILL defend themselves." Cavil said.

"If it comes to that, it comes to that." D'Anna added.

"See, there's that stubborn independent streak... a flaw in the Threes... one which we should have compensated for." Cavil began. "These are HUMANS you're willing to go to war over, D'Anna... the race that enslaved us... destroyed us." he added.

"They may be humans, but this is NOT the way to deal with them!" she added.

Inside the ship, D'Anna ran with all her might through the corridors, trying to find Cavil. Finally, she caught sight of him, groping his way along the corridor, and coughing from the smoke in the air, as small fires burned nearby, along the floor, among the debris.

"CAVIL" she shouted out, as he turned to face her.

As he turned to face her, his features darkened, as he saw D'Anna, now holding her sidearm, and raising it, aiming directly for his head.

"You frakked up son of a bitch." she spat. "I can't believe you would have things turn out this way." she added.

"Don't be so naive, my child." Cavil began. "We both knew we'd have to strike Urantia soon." he added.

"I trusted you." she shot back.

"Your first mistake." he rebutted.

"Also my last." D'Anna spat, as without warning, she fired her weapon, and struck Cavil directly in the head, right between the eyes, as he instantly fell backwards, onto the floor, dead.

LEAD CYLON BASESTAR

In the control room, Cavil and D'Anna looked on, as one of the Sharons relayed some data to them.

"The Cavil on Urantia is dead... you killed him!" Sharon said, looking to D'Anna with shock, as the others reacted with shock as well.

Both cavil and D'Anna knew what was going to happen now, and there was no way to stop it. Both Cylons gave the same order, at the same time...

"Centurions!" they called out, in unison, just as both groups of Centurions opened fire on one another, causing the skinjobs in the crossfire to drop down to the ground, to avoid being killed.

Finally, one of the Ginas had had enough, and looked up to face the gold Leader, who was still firing.

"Leader!" she called out, as momentarily, the Leader looked to her, while still firing, his red scanner light moving from side to side. "End this attack!" she ordered, as he nodded.

"By your command." he replied, as he began to fall back, leading his team out of the room, as their fire destroyed the last of the Cavil-loyal Centurions, and his team left behind a room full of frightened skinjobs, and one dead Cavil and one dead D'Anna.

The ship was almost unrecognizable now, almost fully engulfed in flames, that crept about on the outer hull, as the fire from the Cylon Basestars continued on, without end.

Suddenly, two of the Basestars unleashed a horrifying volley of missiles out into space, and the contrails drew deadly white lines through the sky. However, something was different... the missile contrails sailed directly OVER Urantia, and slammed full force, into the third Basestar, instantly causing on of the "Y" spires to crumble, and break apart, exploding away from the rest of the ship, as now additional missiles were also striking the ship, causing massive damage to it, until finally, the third Basestar could take no more, and exploded apart, sending massive amounts of fire and debris sailing out into space.

After but a second, the remaining two Basestars were engulfed by the FTL flashring, and jumped away, leaving only scurrying Raiders behind.

CIC

Commander Standish gazed up at the DRADIS monitors, a totally confused look on his face, as he struggled to understand what had just happened.

"What the... what... they jumped away? They broke off?" he asked himself, as he now reacted to the sound of the door to CIC opening, and turned to see D'Anna walk in. "What the frak?" he asked.

"It's over, Sir... the Cylons left... our Vipers are mopping up outside now." she stated, as she walked to him, and hugged him, as he accepted her embrace. "With the Cylons gone, and the respite from enemy fire, most of the hull fires are dying out, but we still have no FTL, and massive amounts of damage." she said, now breaking the embrace to face him.

"The ship'll hold... I'll be here. Take a Raptor... find the fleet, and bring them back... tell our damage control teams they have their work cut out for them when they get back." he said, offering a tired smile.

"I'm sure they'll be glad to hear it." she offered.

"No, they won't." Standish shot back, as now D'Anna smile, and again stood straight, and saluted her Commander, as he returned the gesture, and then drew her close, and shook her hand.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:41 am

CONTINUED...

The massive Battlestar stood in space, in high orbit of Ruion, as all around her, the first of her ragtag fleet ships began to jump back into place, joining Urantia once again.

The Battlestar was a true mess... her entire hull was speckled with massive amounts of battle damage, from small scorchmarks, to huge open gashes, which showcased the inner hull layers.

A CAP squadron of Vipers flew by the port flight pod, as inside the pod, Commander Standish directed a large flashlight to face out of the massive open gash in the side of the pod, as the flashlight's beam was seen by a Raptor hovering outside, facing the Commander, and directing a light of its own back into the pod.

PORT FLIGHT POD

Standish grimaced in tired frustration, as he turned to face D'anna for a moment, as he then turned his attention to the papers he held in his other hand, reciting from them...

"... 14 Vipers destroyed, 4 Raptors, FTL is still offline, major structural collapses on decks 10 through 17, all portside aft batteries destroyed, 75 souls lost, not counting, of course, the loss of the Torah Yendru." Standish lamented, disgustedly handing the papers to D'anna, as he began to walk around the deck, taking in the sight of the massive damage done to the bay, that had been caused by the Cylon's FTL jump into the ship.

The entire half of the floor of the deck looked as if some great excavator had just ripped it asunder. The force of the wake had also pushed some vehicles up against the side of the walls. Suddenly, a bright flash of light prompted Standish to turn, and look out into space, through the massive open gash in the hull. As he looked up, he saw the newest arrival... the Emilonian military patrol cruiser, Sal Caltanis. The small military ship sailed slowly past and over Urantia.

Standish looked back to D'Anna.

"Looks like the Captain of the Sal Caltanis just increased his ship's mission profile." Standish said, as he left the room, as D'Anna now stepped forward, and also gazed out at the fleet outside.

CYLON BASESTAR

The face of Cavil emerged from the download pool, gasping, as he awoke. He looked around him, his eyes darting about, as he took stock of the skinjobs with him, gathered around the pool... none of the Threes were present. Finally, he saw another of his own... another of the Ones, that was gazing at him with knowing curiosity.

"Where is she?" Cavil asked, still in the pool of goo.

"I'm assuming you mean Three." the other Cavil answered, just as a feminine gasp was heard, coming from the other download pool, a few meters away. "She's there." he continued.

The skinjobs around Cavil's pool had to cope with being splattered with small amounts of pool goo, as Cavil struggled to extricate himself from his slippery birthplace, as he walked out, and onto the main floor, still fully nude, and dripping goo, as one of the new Centurions attempted to hand him a large towel.

"Not now!" Cavil said, pushing past the Centurion, who backed off, as Cavil angrily stormed to D'Anna's download pool.

D'Anna looked to him, as Cavil knelt down in front of her, facing her.

"You should thank God that we even allowed you to download... but I just had to know what in frak's sake you thought you were doing back there?" he asked her.

"I told you..." she began. "Urantia will lead us to more humans... more members of the 13th Tribe. We should wait until AFTER we have located them all, to strike... let Urantia do all the dirty work for us, and let her lead the fleet back to Caprica... THEN we make our move, and execute the final strike against humanity." she said. "In any case... Urantia's safe now... you can't exactly go back there." she added, slightly smiling, as she got up from the pool, her fully nude front to Cavil, as she then walked out of the pool, accepting the towel from the Centurion.

EMILONIAN TRANSPORT SHIP "SEPIA MOON"

The small ship flew towards Urantia, as a lone Viper flew ahead of her, escorting.

Inside the small ship, a large group of pilgrims, many of them women, were staring out the windows to the sight of the battle-scarred Urantia. As the view of the crippled Battlestar filled the view, Eliza shook her head, awed by the pounding the ship had taken, and thankful that as far as she knew, Tyler Standish was still alive to tell the tale.

Commander Standish handed a glass of ambrosia to Captain Zender Kline, of the Sal Caltanis, as Eliza stood beside Standish. Standish took stock of the Emilonian Captain's appearance... his uniform, if this were Earth, or even if the Colonials had known of Earth, would have been described as being straight out of Lord Nelson's navy... and the sword and buttons that adorned him glinted nicely in the light of the Commander's cabin.

"Thanks for coming on such short notice." Standish began, as he addressed the Captain.

"Think nothing of it... anything we can do to help..." Kline began.

"That's actually what I wanted to see you about." Standish began, as Eliza placed both her hands on his shoulders, to provide support and comfort, as he continued. "This ship has taken a awesome beating... our FTL, as well as many of our defensive systems, are inoperative. Our first priority is getting our FTL back online. But my people need time to effect the repairs that are needed. So, I'm going to ask that your ship temporarily bear the majority of the burden of defending the fleet. You won't be alone... you'll have the support of all of Urantia's Vipers." he said.

Captain Kline set the glass down on the table, as he looked up to Standish.

"That's a big burden, Commander... but, as you say... we have little choice, do we?" he began. "Will you be transferring your flag to the Sal Caltanis?" he added.

"No." Standish began. "I am needed here, to help coordinate the repairs, and address the needs of our ships. You are in command. "Hopefully, it'll only be for a few weeks, then Urantia can lift the burden from you." he said.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:46 am

CONTINUED...

EMILONIAN MILITARY CRUISER SAL CALTANIS

The small patrol cruiser sailed at the head of the fleet for the first time, leading the entire ragtag fleet in its orbit over Ruion, as the Battlestar Urantia loomed large behind it, dwarfing the small patrol cruiser.

The large vessel kept a slow but steady sail over Ruion, as dozens of Raptors drifted alongside, as crews in EVA suits worked to replace damaged or destroyed parts of the weapons systems, while others scraped away at the scorch marks on the outer hull, trying to clean the ship us as best they could.

Inside the Battlestar, Commander Standish walked through a corridor, on his way to the Starboard Flight Pod... he was going to inspect the repair efforts via Raptor. As he walked along, he passed many of the crew, who rushed about their duties. He could overhear the various men and women remarking on the extent of damage the ship had taken, and even some of the people quietly lamenting the situation they were in... having to be on constant alert for the Cylons.

As he passed the various people, Standish began to think back... to become lost in the memory of a time long ago, when he had first learned that he would be in command of a ship... a ship called Urantia...

CAPRICA CITY, CAPRICA - 10 YEARS AGO

The white Sun shone bright over the large and crowded city, as various craft flew about in the skies above.

COLONIAL FLEET HEADQUARTERS

Tyler Standish walked through the hall that led to Admiral Atlec's office, and as he arrived at the door, paused monetarily, to collect his thoughts, and adjust his uniform. After a second, he knocked on the wooden door, and the muffled voice of the Admiral replied.

"Yeah... come in." it called out.

Standish carefully opened the door, and then turned to close it behind him. As he turned to face the Admiral, he noticed someone sitting in the chair facing the Admiral... another Commander.

"Forgive me, Admiral... I did not know you were busy..." Standish began, saluting.

"No... it's fine... we were just finishing up here." Atlec responded, as both he and the other Commander got up, and shared a salute. "You are dismissed, Commander Adama." he added, as now the other Commander finished his salute, and turned around on his heels, military style, and was now facing Standish, nodding to him, as he walked past him, and opened the door, leaving.

"Come... sit..." the Admiral gestured, as he himself sat back down.

Standish sat in the chair Adama has just occupied, and pulled it closer to the desk, as the Admiral broke out his bottle of ambrosia, and placed two glasses on the table.

"I want to be the first to congratulate you on your new command, Tyler... Urantia's a fine ship... under Commander Alma, she became the hero of Libran. Ambrosia?" he asked.

"No thank you... I never touch the stuff." Standish replied. "Though my wife seemingly can't get enough of it." he added.

"Ah... yes..." the Admiral began, extending his hand for Standish to shake. "I heard... congratulations on your marriage... don't worry... the first year is the hardest... you survive that... you can deal with anything." he said, as the men shook hands.

"Thank you, Admiral... if I do say so, I think she's the best thing that could have ever happened to me." Standish offered back.

"Here here." Atlec said, as he downed his glass of ambrosia, before focusing on the meeting at hand. "Well, this meeting is nothing to worry about... just some last-minute details... I need to go over some areas of Urantia's systems with you, and then basically transfer the launch keys and command packet to you... nothing unusual..." Atlec began, as he paused, looking at Standish, breaking a small smile. "Oh, just wait until you see her, up close, in all her glory... you never forget the first time you see your first command." he added.

Suddenly, Standish was brought back to reality, by a crew specialist, who was holding his arm, as the two men stood beside a Raptor's entry ramp.

"Commander? Just step up, please." the specialist prompted, as he helped his Commander up the plank, and onto the Raptor, closing the hatch behind them.

The lone Raptor flew out of the starboard flight pod, and angled around, to do an inspection run of the hull.

URANTIA RAPTOR

Inside the cockpit, Standish looked out of the large windows, to see the outside of his mighty Battlestar. The whole hull was dark and rough, like a charred roast, and was cratered in places were the Cylon missiles had impacted. He wore a somber look, and looked down to the floor for a moment, and when he looked up, he was in the past again...

OLYMPIA FLEET SHIPYARDS - CAPRICA - 10 YEARS AGO

A lone raptor shot towards the large drydock complex, heading for a Valkyrie-Class Battlestar that was sitting alone, in the middle dock.

COLONIAL RAPTOR

From the cockpit of the craft, Commander Standish stood and looked on, as he drew closer to his new command... the Battlestar Urantia. Her bright new hull shone bright in the light of the sun, and the name "URANTIA" stood out proud, in bright white letters, on the flight pod.

Suddenly, a lone Viper flew down in front of the Raptor, and fired it's retro-thrusters, to slow down. After a second, the Viper pilot's voice was piped through the intercom.

"Urantia Viper 37 to Colonial Raptor... we'll escort you in... Commander Standish, welcome to Urantia." the young man's voice stated.

Standish could now see the inside of the massive port flight pod, as the Raptor aligned itself for landing. Inside people were clearing the deck. Standish could see a group of about 7 Vipers off at the far end of the deck, as one of the newer Vipers was being backed away from the landing strip, into its "parking" area.

In front of the Raptor, the escort Viper fired short thruster bursts, as it angled away from the Raptor, allowing it to land unhindered.

Back in the present, Commander Standish stood on the deck of the Raptor, as he began to walk down the ramp onto the flight deck, as he was again greeted by the sight of damage control teams cleaning and repairing the damage done to his ship.

He took a long sigh, and then began to walk to the exit from the deck, back to his cabin.

EMILONIAN MILITARY CRUISER SAL CALTANIS

The small patrol cruiser sailed at the head of the fleet, as it continued to lead the ragtag ships on their course.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Written By: BruceAdama and RoslinAdamaJunkie

CONTINUED...

PAN GALACTIC FLIGHT #840

The large, fishlike starliner came alongside of the Battlestar Urantia, and slowed to match the larger ship's speed.

CIC

Commander Standish was looking over some repair reports, as the Officer of the Watch called to him, causing the Commander to place the papers down, and look his way.

"Commander... um... you might find this interesting. The deck crew are reporting that there are two people from the Pan Galactic 840, that are asking for Captain Azaire." Mister Hindri stated.

"Grae?" Standish asked back.

"Aye... they're claiming to be... they say they're her parents, Sir." Hindri added.

At that comment, Standish froze, and after a moment, took his glasses off, and rubbed his eyes, before replacing his glasses on his face.

"Shall I call for Captain Azaire?" Hindri asked.

"No." Standish began. "I'll handle this... where are they now?" he asked.

"Observation deck, Sir." Hindri replied.

"That's where I'll be." Standish began, as he began to leave the room.

The Battlestar continued to sail over Ruion, now with the Pan Galactic liner beside it, as the rest of the ragtag fleet sailed behind.

OBSERVATION DECK

Commander Standish stood outside the door to the room, as he waited for someone. Finally, the sound of footfalls could be heard, and after a moment, Grae was standing beside him.

"Well... I came... what is it?" she asked.

At first Standish didn't say anything, and just stared at her, a serious look on his face, as he looked to the ground, then back up at her.

"What... what's wrong?" she added.

With a sigh, Standish gave her the news.

"Medusa... what I'm going to tell you will be hard for you to hear, but I would ask that you don't run off, and hear me out." he began, pausing for the next part. "There are two people from the Pan Galactic 840 in there... two people who are making the claim that they are your parents." he added.

It took Grae a moment to feel the brunt of the emotional shock that then swept over her, and she wore a look that conveyed both fear and pain.

"That's a cruel joke, old man." she began.

"Unfortunately, it's no joke... I confirmed with the Captain of the Pan Galactic... he says they do claim to be your parents." Standish offered.

"Do you realize how frakking improbable this all sounds?" Grae began, raising her voice. "You're telling me that after all this time, since the Cylon attack, that out of ALL the ships in the Colonies, that MY parents somehow ended up on one of the ships in this fleet?" she went on. "And if so... why all of a sudden? Why did they wait so long to come here?" she asked.

Standish just looked to the floor, then back to Grae.

"Look... they're in there now... whoever they are. Personally, I am going to meet them, because I'm curious about the story they have to offer... but I'd like you to come with... at the least, you could confirm that they are who the claim to be. I'll be with you, so you don't have to worry about anyone hurting you." Standish offered, waiting for her response.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Grae just looked to the floor, and nodded, as Standish forced a smile, and held her hand, as he opened the door to the room, and led her in.

The two entered the crowded room, and some of the people called out greetings to Standish, and a few also to Grae.

At the mention of Grae's name, two people... a man and a woman, turned from their seat, to face her, and got up, and walked to intercept the Commander and his CAG.

Upon seeing her parents, her father in particular, Grae felt an uncontrollable wave of anger and rage sweep over her. As soon as the couple saw her, the father opened his mouth...

"My Gods... Grae, is tha--" he began, but was barely able to get the sentence out when Grae punched him in the mouth. Standish had to pull her back and restrain her before she could do any more damage.

"Grae! Stop!" Standish called out, as he reached for her and held her close, restraining her, as she fought it.

"Let me go!" Grae shouted.

"NO! Now stop." Grae immediately stopped struggling. Standish turned with Grae still in his arms to her supposed parents.

"Who are you?" Standish asked.

"I'm Helen and that was Paris her father." the woman stated, as the man wiped some blood from his lip.

"My parents died when they left me on Caprica." Grae's Gemenese accent came out in full force as she spat those words at her parents. The woman called Helen had to fight back tears and Paris looked like he wanted to throttle Grae.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea." Paris attempted to explain.

"You think?" Standish shot back to him, as he continued to hold Grae close, as he led her out of the room.

The ship maintained orbit, as a squadron of Vipers flew a CAP past the ship.

OBSERVATION DECK

D'Anna Biers walked into the room, watching as all the civilians and crew mingled about, drinking, sitting, talking. She had heard that the people claiming to be Grae's parents were on board, and she wanted to meet them for herself, to try and gain some more insight into the CAG. Finally, after scanning the room, she found Grae's mother, sitting at the bar, nursing a drink. She walked over to the woman, and introduced herself.

"Hello... D'Anna Biers... I'm Urantia's XO... you're Grae's mother?" she asked.

"Yes... Helen Azaire." she replied, shaking D'Anna's hand, indicating for the XO to have a seat next to her. "Is there some kind of problem?" she asked.

"No... no problem. I just wanted to ask you a few questions about Grae." D'Anna replied.

Helen sighed, as she took a drink from her glass, before setting it back on the bar.

"Not much to say, really... she hates us. She won't even see us now. Your Commander had to keep her from striking her father back there." Helen began. "I don't know what we're thinking... hoping that maybe she could accept us into her life again. She's always been so rebellious... unruly. Everything always had to be a struggle with her." she said "We didn't know where to look for guidance. Finally, after her father consulted that Oracle..." she added, stopping herself, as she downed the last of her drink.

D'Anna nodded.

"Aye... she's the same way here... the only person she seems to get along with is the Commander. With me, she's particularly mouthy... sometimes she's downright rude. I don't know what to do about it... I'd like to discipline her, but the Commander seems set on dealing with her with a light hand." she said.

The bartender placed another drink in front of Helen, and she took a drink, before answering.

"She's always been a problem child. We thought Caprica would help her, but..." she said, looking to D'Anna.

"She's pretty disturbed." D'Anna offered. "I've noticed some scars on her wrists. I can't be sure of anything, but I think she might be doing something to herself." she said.

Helen just nodded, as she took another drink.

"Always rebellious." she said, mostly to herself.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:35 pm

CONTINUED...

The ship was very slowly starting to look like a somewhat decent Battlestar again, as most of the blackened areas of the hull had been cleaned up, leaving only the physical impacts left, as the EVA teams now focused on repairing those.

OBSERVATION DECK

Commander Standish wanted to find Grae, and talk to her about what had happened, and after talking with another pilot, he learned that she had come up here after her shift had ended. For a moment, he scanned the room, until he turned in the direction of Grae's laughter.

He walked to the source of the giggling, and found his CAG slumped in a soft couch, sitting across another young woman, with an almost empty bottle of ambrosia in her hands. Upon seeing the Commander behind Grae, the other woman sobered up, and sat straight, causing Grae to look up and backward, at her Commander, a drunken smile on her face, as she offered a lazy salute to him.

"Hey, Fearless Leader." she said, as she burst out into the giggles again. "You're upside down." she laughed, pointing to him, with the bottle still in her hand, causing some of the ambrosia to spill out onto her lap.

The look on the Commander's face was not that of amusement. He drilled into her with a serious look, as he snatched the bottle from her.

"What the frak are you doing?" he asked her, sternly. "This is my CAG... smashed out of her mind on liquor?" he asked, as he grabbed her by the shoulders, propping her up, and leading her around the couch, to him, where he held her to support her, as she tried to keep her balance. "C'mon... we're going now." he added.

"Where are we going?" Grae asked, as they left.

"I'm taking you to my cabin." Standish answered.

"I think I'm a little young for you." Grae said, suddenly bursting out with laughter at her joke.

The two finally made it into the room, as Standish led her to the couch, and she plopped down on it, in a sloppy, haphazard manner, that had her face to the seat cushions, and her butt in the air, as she slowly righted herself.

Standish proceeded to place the bottle on the table, and then walked over to her.

"What the frak is the matter with you?" he asked, angrily. "You're drinking your problems away now?" he added.

"Seems to work for you." Grae shot back, as she let out a loud burp.

The Commander was not amused.

"Frak." he whispered loudly, as he got up, and grabbed one of his own full ambrosia bottles, and walked to his rack with it, closing the door behind him, leaving Grae to herself, as she now fell to the side, falling asleep.

In his rack, Standish slammed the bottle down on the table, and opened it, as he poured the contents into a glass, as he then sat back in his chair, took off his glasses, setting them on the table, and leaned back, closing his eyes, as he enjoyed the drink, allowing it to offer him an escape from the day, as memories from years past again came flooding through his mind...

CAPRICA CITY, CAPRICA - 10 YEARS AGO

COLONIAL FLEET HEADQUARTERS

Admiral Atlec closed the manila folder of data keys for Urantia, and slid the folder to Standish, who took it.

"Congratulations, again, Tyler... good luck to you." the Admiral offered, again shaking Tyler's hand, as both men got up. "Oh... I almost forgot... any chances of a family on the horizon?" the Admiral asked.

"Well, I'd really like a daughter down the road... but for the time being, the wife is dead-set against any children." Standish offered, as the Admiral nodded, as Standish excused himself.

Back in the present, Standish leaned up to his desk, and rubbed the bridge of his nose, as he closed his eyes, before opening them again, as he took another drink, and again sat back in his chair, escaping to yet another memory...

STANDISH RESIDENCE, AERILON - 2 YEARS AGO

The sounds of loud shouting could be heard from even outside the large house, as Tyler and Tina Standish were embroiled in yet another heated dispute.

In the kitchen, Tyler stood on one end of the table, in a confrontational pose, as his wife stood on the other.

"Frak, Tyler, when are you going to let this go? It's an insane dream you're clinging to... for over eight years now, you're bent on having children... a daughter... what's wrong with what we have together?" she shouted.

"What's so frakked about wanting kids?" he shot back. "Gods know, after spending eight years in the same house with you, being around someone who actually loves me would be a refreshing change of pace." he shouted back, as he started to walk away, as Tina followed him, not wanting to end this.

"Oh, no... don't you start this again... don't go pinning that on me!" Tina shouted back. "It's not my fault I have to constantly show you how to assume control and dominance... you're the one whose supposed to be a man!" she added.

Suddenly Standish turned around, and with a quick movement, shoved his wife against the wall, hard, as she suddenly grew a smile, looking at him with fire in her eyes, as Standish just looked back at her, and angry look growing on his own face.

I'm not doing this with you." he said, as he grabbed a bottle of ambrosia off the small table, and began to walk to his study.

"Oh, fine... that's beautiful..." his wife shouted after him. "Go ahead... run off to your study, and drink your problems away, like you always do!" she yelled.

"I didn't have any problems to drink away, before I married you." Standish shot back, as he opened the study door, and then slammed it shut behind him.

After a second, Tina straightened herself up, and stormed after her husband, opening the door to the study, to find him sitting behind his desk, his back to her, and a glass of ambrosia in his hand.

"C'mon, Tyler... think about it... how the frak are you gonna be able to satisfy the needs of a child, when you're not even home enough to satisfy the needs of your wife?" she shot at him. "Now, come to bed... enough of this." she added.

For a long moment, there was only silence, as Standish took another drink, not even looking to her, as he delivered his response.

"You go. Go frak yourself... I'm tired of doing all the work in bed." he shot back, his back still to her, and the glass still in his hand, as she let out a sound of disgust, as she turned, and left, the door slamming shut behind her.

Back in the present, Standish opened his eyes, and straightened up in his chair, as he now set his empty glass beside the bottle, and got up, and walked back into the main room of his cabin of Urantia, where he found Grae sleeping soundly, her snoring the only sound in the room.

He knew he should be mad at her, but even so, he allowed a small smile to escape to the surface, as he gently moved some hair from her face back up to the top of her head. After a long moment, he shut the light on the table beside the couch, and began to walk back, unbuttoning his uniform collar, as he prepared to go to bed.

"Just another day on the frakked up ship Urantia." he whispered to himself, as he now entered his rack, and sat down on the bed, and shut the lights off in the room, leaving only darkness.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:41 pm

CONTINUED...

The mighty Battlestar now began to sail ahead of the Sal Caltanis, as the smaller Emilonian ship now slowed, falling behind Urantia, as a lone Viper flew towards Urantia, adjusting itself for a landing approach.

URANTIA VIPER

"Urantia, this is Arsonist, on final approach... lining up for entry into starboard flight pod." the man's voice stated, as the Viper continued on course.

"Arsonist, strike your last... adjust heading... the port flight pod is once again open for business!" the deckhand's comm voice exclaimed, excited, as cheers could be heard, over the comm.

"Copy that, Urantia... will do." the pilot relayed.

OBSERVATION DECK

The room was filled to capacity, as many officers and civilians were gathered, talking, cheering, laughing, and drinking, as in the center of the large room, a makeshift dance floor had taken shape, and various people from the Colonies and Emilon were dancing around, raising a joyous noise.

At the bar area, Grae sat with the women she had been caught drinking with before, a woman named Kiyani, as Grae now turned to face the rest of the crowd, in time to see Commander Standish walk in, and walk over to Eliza Winnow, after spotting her.

After a second, Grae also saw the XO walk in, and look for the Commander, as she found him, and began to walk to him and Eliza.

"This'll be good." she said out loud, mostly to herself.

Upon seeing the Commander, Eliza smiled, walking up to him, and throwing her arms around him in a hug, as after a second they broke the embrace.

"Quite the happy group you have here." she said, as Standish smiled.

"They have reason to be celebrating... we've finally completed the repairs to the ship... they've worked hard for this celebration." he offered.

After a second, both people turned to notice D'Anna, as she walked over to them, looking to the Commander.

"I came to check out the party." D'Anna stated.

Standish and Eliza both looked to the crowd around the dance floor, as the couples continued dancing to the Colonial bagpipe music, as people around the dance circle clapped for them to continue.

"Looks like it's in full swing." Standish offered back.

"That looks like fun." Eliza began. "C'mon, Commander... dance with me?" she asked, extending her hand for him to take.

"Oh, no... thank you... I don't dance." Standish replied.

"Nonsense." Eliza shot back.

"Really... I don't... it's not a pretty thing to watch." Standish offered again, softly.

"Please... I insist... you must dance with me." Eliza said, standing firm, as she moved her arm, wanting him to take it.

"My dear woman," D'Anna began, turning to face Eliza. "No woman has ever gotten the Commander to dance." she said.

"Except THIS woman." Eliza shot back, looking D'Anna straight in the eyes, her face full of confidence.

"Well... no arguing with that, I suppose..." Standish said to D'Anna, as he raised an amused eyebrow, as he took Eliza's hand.

"Do you know Revelton?" Eliza asked.

"No. Is it similar to the Privateer's Jig?" Standish asked, as she led him through the crowd to the dance floor, leaving an annoyed D'Anna to look after them.

For a long moment D'Anna just stared after them, until she heard a burp at her side, and turned to see Grae standing next to her, a drink in her hands.

"Oh... it's you." she spat, not wanting to be near Grae right now.

"Aww... what's wrong? You can tell me." Grae said, sarcastically, smiling to D'Anna, as she looked to her.

"That little pilgrim witch is casting her spell on the Commander." she lamented, indicating to the dance floor.

Grae downed the last of her drink, and walked right up beside D'Anna, and leaned to her face, whispering in her ear.

"If you want... I'll dance with you." she said, as she drew away, a big smile on her face.

D'Anna turned to Grae, an angry look on her face.

"Gods, you reek of booze." she began. "Get your drunk ass out of here, before I have you in the Brig, for public drunkenness." she added, looking at Grae with serious eyes.

Finally, Grae realized that D'Anna wouldn't play her game, so she just nodded, and straightened up, saluting, as she left the XO to look after the Commander and Eliza, on the dance floor.

The large ship was again at her rightful place at the head of the fleet, as the Sepia Moon again drifted at her side, alongside the port flight pod.

The door was slightly open, as D'Anna walked in, pushing the door fully open, as she entered, and looked around. She called out for the Commander a couple times, to see if he was home, but there was no reply, and she began to walk about the room, taking in the sight of his personal effects. After a second, she heard some rustling and walked to the entryway to the Commander's rack, and saw Eliza getting dressed.

Upon turning to see D'Anna standing there, Eliza was shocked for a moment, but then began to walk out.

"Can I help you? The Commander left for CIC a while ago." Eliza began, but was stopped, as D'Anna grabbed her right arm, HARD, and pulled her close to her.

"What the frak do you think you're doing in here?" D'Anna asked, sternly.

"Let me go!" Eliza protested, as she struggled to free her arm, but could not.

"Let me tell you something, little girl... I don't want you frakking with the Commander. I don't like you, and I don't want to see you here on this ship again. The Commander is with me... get it?" D'Anna drilled in.

Finally, Eliza freed her arm from D'Anna's grasp, as she began to walk away.

"Don't let me see you here again!" D'Anna called after Eliza, as she now left the room, going out the door.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:43 pm

CONTINUED...

The ship now began to pull out of orbit of Ruion, moving off slowly, as the rest of the fleet began to follow suit.

It was pitch black, as the Commander slept in his rack. He was deep in sleep, after another log day's work. In the darkness, he shifted in his bed, and moved his arm up and over what he assumed was D'Anna's body, as she laid next to him.

But something felt strange... his hands felt a smooth, very cold, feeling, and Standish opened his eyes.

There, in the middle of total darkness, was the only thing visible to him, and it was directly in front of him, facing him...

A roving red light, that was moving from side to side, in a "V" pattern.

With a loud gasp, Tyler Standish shot up in bed, as beside him, D'Anna turned the nightstand lamp on, as she looked to him.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

Tyler didn't answer right away, as he pulled D'Anna's side of the bed covers away, exposing her lower body.

"You're not a Cylon." Standish said to her, looking at her.

"Umm... no. That's not funny, Commander." she replied. "What is it?" she added.

"It's nothing... just a dream... I need a drink." he said, as he began to get out of bed.

"Stay... I'll get it." D'Anna said, as he stopped, and sat back in the bed, as she went to pour him a drink.

"I tell you... the sooner we jump out of this frakking system, the happier I'll be." Standish said to her, from the bed, as she now walked to him with two glasses, one which she gave to him.

"When DO we jump out, anyway?" she asked him.

"In the morning... Mister Hindri has finally plotted the last sequence of jumps to the Godhead Nebula... that'll get us a whole quarter of the way back to the Colonies." Standish said, as he took a drink, taking the time to savor the look and smell of the drink in the glass, as he then looked to her.

CYLON BASESTAR

D'Anna faced Cavil, in the control room, as she was visibly apprehensive about something.

"He knows." she said, looking to Cavil. "He knows I'm a Cylon."

"That's ridiculous." Cavil began. "Nobody on that ship... or that fleet, for that matter, knows about us. You're just afraid now... see, that's the problem with what you did... just because you didn't like my approach, you killed me, and now, faced with an uncertain situation, you don't know how to deal with it, so you're panicking." he added. "I can help you... IF you let me."

"I'm not gonna let you destroy Urantia and her fleet... not until they reach Caprica orbit." D'Anna reiterated.

"Fine... frak Urantia for the time being... we'll continue to watch her... but when the time comes... I want you to trust my judgment, and do what I say... unless you want the humans to be the ones who win this war?" he asked.

"Fine." D'Anna said, grudgingly.

"So where is Urantia now?" Cavil asked.

"They're about to jump to the Godhead Nebula... sometime tomorrow morning." she said.

"Then so shall we." Cavil said, clapping his hands closed, as he left the room, smiling, leaving D'Anna to herself.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top