Star Trek: United We Stand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Trek: United We Stand

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:04 am

This is the very last story of the "Star Trek: Entomalians" saga. It takes place 25 years after the temporal restoration caused by Queen T'Zek, to end the Dominion War. As the last story of the entire series, UWS tries to tie up as many loose ends as possible, and offer the reader a true sense of completion to the saga, yet points the way to a future full of promise as well. So, without any further delay, here is my offering of the last story of the Entomalians saga... "Star Trek: United We Stand". Enjoy.

-BruceAdama

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: This story is set within the "Star Trek: Entomalians universe of storytelling. As such, it is not consistent with events in the "canon" Star Trek universe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the fans.

STAR TREK: UNITED WE STAND

Written By: BruceAdama

Based Upon “Star Trek”, Created By Gene Roddenberry and "Star Trek: Entomalians", Created By Spyros L. Spyrou

STAR TREK: UNITED WE STAND

THE MILKY WAY GALAXY - ALPHA QUADRANT

The tranquil silence of deep space was broken, by a set of bright orange phaser beams, which lanced upwards, towards an unseen target. Suddenly, a blurry form rushed upwards, following the phaser beams... a white-colored blur, with areas of red and blue as well.

U.S.S. TRELON - ANATORAY-CLASS

On the ship's Bridge, the viewscreen clearly showed the target ahead of the ship, as the vessel maintained hot pursuit of the evading target... a pair of Vralex Pirate Gunships. The purple cross-shaped vessels were unmistakable.

The Bolian Captain stood up from the command chair, and walked towards the command table a few paces.

"Tactical... fire another phaser barrage... we have to stop those ships!" he called out, as his Tylorian Tactical Officer nodded, working his panel.

In space, the two Vralex ships broke formation, and veered off, as a series of bright orange phaser beams chased and struck one of the two ships, causing the small purple ship to spin out of control, until finally, the effects of the phaser beams did their trick, and the Vralex ship exploded apart.

The lone remaining Vralex ship shot in front of the approaching U.S.S. Trelon, and shot forward, at full impulse.

The Trelon now angled to give chase, and for s short moment, the Trelon obscured a large planet that was behind it. Finally, the Trelon also increased speed to full impulse, and as the ship moved off, the planet behind the ship became fully visible... the planet known throughout the Federation as Jupiter.

WONDERWORKS ORBITAL STARFLEET YARDS, EARTH

The large network of orbital drydock facilities hung over the Earth, as the homeworld of the Federation rotated silently below.

Inside the drydocks, activity could be seen commencing at a calm and comfortable pace. Many of the drydocks were vacant, but one dock housed a massive Galaxy-Class Starship, it's mirror-shiny golden hull allowing the sunlight to glint off of areas of the hull.

U.S.S. T'ZEK - GALAXY-CLASS

Inside the ship, the Captain walked onto the Bridge, exiting the turbolift, as he walked to the Tactical station, where his First Officer and Tactical Officer were.

"What've we got?" the Captain asked, regarding the incoming data on the Tactical display on the wooden "horseshoe" station.

"Two sensor blips... one appears to be emitting a Starfleet signature, but the coding is unknown to the computer, and the other appears to be of unknown origin... alien. Both blips are headed right for us, and they're coming in hot... full impulse." the First Officer stated.

"Sir... we are also detecting repeated weapons fire from both blips." the Tactical Officer added.

The Captain shared a look with his First Officer, until finally, the Captain began to walk to the command chair.

"Yellow alert!" the Captain began. "Ready shields and weapons. Helm, take us out of the dock... nice and easy... once we've cleared the structure, position us between the shipyards, and the incoming bogeys." he instructed.

In space, the mighty U.S.S. T'Zek began to creep out of the drydock, slowly gliding into open space. Behind the T'Zek, in the distance, two new starships were also moving to back the T'Zek up... two golden Akira-Class ships.

On the Bridge, the Captain looked intently forward, at the main viewscreen, as his crew looked on behind him.

"That's it, Ensign... all stop. We'll sit here, and wait for them." he said, calm.

On the Bridge, the OPS Ensign informed the Captain of her readings.

"They're still not slowing, Sir... they'll be in range of the planet in less than a minute." she said.

The Captain regarded the Vralex ship on the screen... this was gonna be close... but he had to act now... the Vralex ship must not be permitted to fire on its target.

"Ensign... take us to maximum sub-light, and prepare for a sudden all-stop." the Captain began, as he turned to his Tactical Officer. "Tactical... we no longer have a choice... fire our photon torpedoes at the Vralex ship... fire in concert with a sustained phaser barrage." he said, turning back to the CONN Officer. "Helm, upon destruction of the Vralex ship, all stop!" he added.

"Aye, Sir." she replied.

On the Bridge, the Tactical Officer alerted the Captain and First Officer of his data.

"Here they come!" he called out, as all eyes faced the viewscreen.

In space, the Vralex ship shot through space at full impulse, as suddenly, the purple ship was struck from behind with an awesome display of Starfleet weaponry, and the resulting impacts and explosions caused the Vralex ship to slow, as it broke apart, and exploded, in a huge fiery detonation.

The U.S.S. T'Zek, and the two Akiras stood by, and looked on, as gradually, the fire and debris from the exploding Vralex ship cleared, revealing the mystery ship which had destroyed the Vralex vessel...

The U.S.S. Trelon now became fully visible to the waiting ships, facing the three Starfleet ships, as it stood still in space.

The U.S.S. Trelon was unlike any Federation ship design before it... it was an amalgamation of various Starfleet designs... as if someone had merged a Daedalus and an Akira-Class ship into one... a spherical primary hull, that sported a set of two long "booms", that gave rise at the end to the warp pylons, which could best be described as having a "gull-wing" look. The ship also had a secondary hull as well.

On the Bridge, all eyes were fixated on the mysterious and strange-looking ship on the main viewscreen, which for some reason, was decked out in Starfleet colors.

"Who are they?" the female CONN Ensign uttered softly.

On the Bridge, the Bolian Captain, and his mostly Tylorian crew looked with awe and amazement at the sight on the viewscreen... a trio of golden ships... Federation ships... one Galaxy-Class, and two Akira-Class... and the planet behind those ships was Earth.

After a long moment of silence, the OPS Ensign reacted to some bleeps from her panel, and she turned to face the Captain.

"Sir... the lead ship out there is hailing us." she said softly.

The Bolian Captain just looked ahead for a long moment, until finally, he reacted.

"Aye... very well... um, on screen, Ensign." he said, as he steadied himself for what was about to come.

Suddenly, the image of the three golden ships was replaced by that of the inside of the T'Zek's Bridge, the "camera" focused mostly on the ship's Captain, as he almost appeared to be studying the appearance of the Trelon's Bridge, and her crew. Finally, the human man spoke.

"I am Captain Daniel Johnson, of the Federation Starship T'Zek... to whom am I speaking?" he asked.

The Bolian Captain did not know exactly what to say... he had known that the eventual products of the Trelon's first mission would eventually lead to re-contact with the Milky Way, but those were to be under controlled conditions, in an appropriately diplomatic mission, with Envoys and Ambassadors, and the like. He had not been prepared for what had become of his mission. But, he was a trained Starfleet Officer, and his training began to kick in, as he straightened up, and cleared his throat, as he replied.

"Hello... I am... um... this is... I am Captain Vidgis Ingraham, of the F... of the Federation Starship Trelon." he began. "It's uh... nice to see you." he added.

On the viewscreen, the Captain of the T'Zek shared a look with his crew, and silently mouthed the word "Trelon", as his First Officer shrugged. The Captain looked back to face the Trelon's Captain.

"Uh... okay... say that again? You're the Federation Starship Trelon?" Captain Johnson asked.

"Aye, that is correct, Captain." Captain Ingraham began. "Perhaps... perhaps we should talk..." he offered, as on the viewscreen, Captain Johnson just nodded.

- - - TO BE CONTINUED - - -
BruceAdama
Admin

View user profile http://urantiaactual.pro-forums.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Trek: United We Stand

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:06 am

STAR TREK: UNITED WE STAND (CONTINUED)

DULADI PRIME - THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY

U.S.S. DIRIDIA - REPUBLIC-CLASS

The new medium-sized Federation starship led a fleet of over a dozen Joshua-Class medical ships in a high orbit of a small Earth-like world, with two moons. The Diridia was one of the Federation's newer designs... built just five years ago, when the Federation had finally managed to secure both its new infrastructure, and its new place in the Andromeda Galaxy, to allow the construction of larger ships that were bred for long-term exploration. On the outside, the Diridia resembled a direct cross between a Galaxy and a Steamrunner-Class ship.

"Captain's Log, U.S.S. Diridia, Captain April March commanding. For the past five days, we have been in orbit of Duladi Prime, heading the disaster relief efforts on that world, following a series of devastating seismic land quakes on the planet, which has reduced a number of large cities to rubble. The Duladi are the newest members of the Federation, having been admitted to protect the world from the Vralex threat. However, since the Duladi have a 22nd century level of technology, they are unable to cope on their own with the recent global disaster that has struck their planet."

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, Captain April March sat in her command chair, facing the viewscreen. She had changed a lot since her days as a Cadet on the Exeter, both mentally as well as physically. Since then, she had slimmed down quite a bit, and she now wore her light blonde hair in a different style, and it was cut shorter than it was during her time on the Exeter. She was also a bit taller now. She was distracted from her thoughts, by an announcement from her Tactical Officer.

"Captain..." the woman began. "There's a message coming in on subspace for you, from Tyloria... it's the Admiral." the Tactical Officer relayed.

Captain March began to get up from her chair, and walk towards the doors to the Ready Room, as she answered the officer.

"I'll take it in my Ready Room." she said, as the doors to her Ready Room slid open, allowing her in, as she moved to sit down at her desk, as she activated her desktop computer.

The UFP seal appeared on the screen, followed by the face of someone familiar to her... Admiral Yuri Nikolayev.

"Admiral... a pleasure." she began.

"As always, Captain, the pleasure is mine." Nikolayev replied.

"How's the President?" March asked.

On the other end, Nikolayev lowered his head, and shook it, then looked back up with a grim expression.

"Not well... the President is dying. The doctors on Tyloria don't give him long. They speculate that at best, Carthax Pentique will live another month... at best." he said.

"I'm sorry to hear that... he is a great man." March offered back.

"Aye... that he is." Nikolayev began. "But that is not the reason I called... I want to know... how soon do you think the Diridia can leave Duladi Prime?" he asked.

"Well, there is still a LOT of triage and relief for our fleet to assist with... the medical ships are sending down emergency shuttles and runabouts twenty-four-seven, but they return to the ships as soon as they landed... the amount of injured and dead is astounding... the Duladi really have no way of coping with a natural disaster of this scope and magnitude. So far, the Diridia has been the only ship that has been able to focus efforts on cleanup and the provision of food and emergency shelter... if we're going to have to leave, I would really feel comfortable with a full-scale starship on the scene, that could continue to take on that burden, so the medical ships are not overwhelmed. Why... is something wrong?" she asked.

Admiral Nikolayev let out a sigh, as she looked to Captain March.

"We hope not." he began. "Two days ago, we lost all contact with the Starship Trelon. The ship was in the Tinziki Sector, field-testing a prototype Federation transwarp slipstream drive. The last message from the Trelon reported that the ship had encountered two Vralex Pirate Gunships, and that Captain Ingraham had ordered a pursuit course. From that point on, we've heard nothing. I'd like you to proceed to the Tinziki Sector, and begin a search for the Trelon." he said.

"At maximum warp, it will take us three days to get to the Tinziki Sector." March offered.

"Then you best get going." Nikolayev began. "Allow yourself five hours to get all your people and equipment back on board, and inform the medical ships of your departure... I will send another starship to take your place, that should arrive within the system in about two days." he stated.

"Very well... I'll contact you when we arrive." March answered back.

"I'll look forward to it, Captain." Nikolayev began. "And keep in mind, Captain... no matter what... the Vralex must NOT be allowed to gain possession of our transwarp engine... if the Trelon was destroyed while trying to protect it, that's one thing... but if no way can be found to protect the device from falling into Vralex hands, then everything else is expendable... the Trelon, the transwarp engine... and the Diridia." he added. "The point is, we need to know what has happened."

"Understood, Admiral." March replied.

"Good hunting, Captain. Nikolayev out." he said, as his image vanished, and was replaced by the UFP seal again, before the screen went totally black.

Captain March looked up, and tapped her communicator, calling the Bridge.

"March to Bridge... inform the fleet that we're leaving orbit. Recall our people from the surface. As soon as everyone is back on board, take us to the Tinziki Sector... maximum warp." she stated.

"Aye, Captain." the man's voice replied.

Captain March stood there in silence for a long moment, until she got up from her chair, and walked over to the long Ready Room window, and turned to face the stars outside, looking into the vastness of space, wondering what she would find when the ship got to Tinziki.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:09 am

THE MILKY WAY GALAXY

The ship held orbit above Earth, the U.S.S. Trelon following alongside.

Inside the ship, the doors to the Transporter Room slid open, as Captain Johnson and his First Officer walked in, nodding to the Transporter Chief on duty, as both men took position facing the transporter pad.

"That's no Federation ship." the Captain began. "At least not one I've ever seen." he added.

"Nevertheless... it DOES look like Starfleet tech." the First Officer replied.

Both men were interrupted by the Chief, who alerted them to some bleeps from his panel.

"The other ship is signalling that they're ready to transport, Captain." he said.

The Captain looked to his number one.

"Well... I guess now we'll learn what we learn." he said. "Energize, Chief." he ordered.

The buzzing humming sound of the transporter filled the room, along with the shimmering curtain of silver light, which began to fade, as the forms of two men appeared... one of them a Bolian. The other one was an alien that the Captain did not recognize.

The Captain took in the look of the "Starfleet" uniforms the people had on. They resembled Starfleet uniforms, with proper division color, but they were a bit different in some ways... and the communicators looked different... the Starfleet arrowhead did not look normal.

The Bolian man stepped down, as he extended his hand, a big smile on his face.

"Captain Vidgis Ingraham... it is such a pleasure, Captain." he began, as he turned to face his own First Officer. "Allow me to introduce my First Officer to you, Captain... this is Commander Izred Margai." he said, as Commander Margai smiled at the two Starfleet men, and extended her hand to them.

As the Captain shook her hand, he wore a puzzled look.

"Excuse me, Commander, but I don't know your people... where are you from?" he asked.

"I am Tylorian, Captain... but I think that it would be best for me to allow my Captain to explain that in more detail to you." she said.

"Indeed." Johnson said, raising an eyebrow, as he turned to his own First Officer. "Well, as you know, I am Captain Daniel Johnson, and this is my First Officer, Commander Fred Roberts." he said, as the Commander shook hands with the new arrivals.

"Captain Johnson, I realize you must have many questions for me. Shall we begin?" the Bolian Captain asked.

"By all means." Johnson said, as he indicated the way out, as the party left the Transporter Room, and headed out into the corridor.

As the party walked along, Captain Johnson initiated the questioning.

"Now, you said you're the Federation ship Trelon... but our records have no listing of any ship with that name... not even any privately-owned ships." he stated.

"Aye... I'm not surprised, Captain... you see, Trelon is a Tylorian word. But perhaps it is best if I start at the beginning. Do you know anything about a Federation ship named the Frontier?" Captain Ingraham asked.

"I think so... wasn't that the ship that was lost on the way to the Andromeda Galaxy?" Johnson asked.

"Well... that's the thing, Captain... it was not lost." Ingraham began, as the group stopped in front of a turbolift, and the doors slid open, allowing them inside.

"Conference Lounge." Commander Roberts told the computer.

"You see..." Ingraham continued. "Commander Margai here is from a planet called Tyloria Prime. Tyloria Prime is in the Andromeda Galaxy." he said.

It took a few seconds for the Captain's words to have their full impact on Captain Johnson, but when he realized what the Bolian Captain had said, he looked up, facing straight ahead, a blank look on his face, as he gave the only order that came to his mind...

"Halt turbolift." he said, as he then turned to face Captain Ingraham. "You're not... no... you're not telling me that your ship is from the... Andromeda Galaxy?" he asked.

Captain Ingraham saw that both of the T'Zek officers were looking at him, and his own First Officer was getting uncomfortable.

"Oh... this is awkward..." he began. "Captain... it's a long story, but I assure you... I can explain everything to you." he said, trying to smile innocently.

After a long moment, Johnson nodded, and then turned to face the doors.

"See that you do. Computer, resume turbolift." he said.

In space, the two Starfleet ships maintained orbit over Earth.

Inside the ship, the group sat at the conference table, in the large and comfortable Conference Lounge, as the T'Zek officers listened intently to the tale that Captain Ingraham was telling them.

"So you see... the Frontier was sent on its way to the Alpha Quadrant shore of the Andromeda Galaxy. With the Entomalian transwarp slipstream drive we were given, the trip was supposed to take about two months. But something went wrong... the transwarp drive was sabotaged, by a Changeling that had snuck onto the ship. The ship fell out of transwarp inside the Great Divide. All we had then was regular warp drive to get us to Andromeda... and we had to make it to Andromeda, because there was no way we could survive a trip back to the Milky Way. It took the Frontier a full month to reach the Alpha Quadrant shore of Andromeda at maximum warp all the way... we were extremely lucky that the ship fell out of transwarp that close to Andromeda." Ingraham began. "Once we got to Andromeda... that's when the surprises began." he said.

"What kind of surprises?" Johnson asked.

"Well, the Frontier entered orbit of the first candidate planet... Gendalon Major. It was there that we encountered two things... one of which was the U.S.S. Exeter... Constitution-Class." Ingraham said.

"What?" Commander Roberts exclaimed. "I read about that ship in Starfleet history... the Exeter Incident... that ship was reported lost with all hands, during the encounter with the Space Amoeba." he said.

"Aye." Ingraham started. "That's what Captain Nikolayev said at the time. But nevertheless... there was the Exeter, there, right in front of us. It turns out that what happened was that the Space Amoeba had ingested an old derelict Reticulan probe. The weapons fire from the fleet at the Space Amoeba caused the probe to re-activate, and it generated a chronospatial vortex, which pulled the Exeter in, and threw it all the way to Andromeda." he said. "The second thing we encountered was the Vralex." he added.

"The Vralex?" Johnson asked.

"Yes... you know that purple cross-shaped ship we destroyed right in front of you? That was one of their ships... a Vralex Pirate Gunship. From the moment we first encountered them, the Vralex have been attacking us." Ingraham stated. "Which... brings us to Commander Margai's people... the Tylorians." he said. "As we left Gendalon, the Frontier picked up a general distress call... from Tylorian space. The Commander's people, the Tylorians, had been fighting a long war with the Vralex. But we did not know that at the time, and we arrived on the scene to help them, out of humanitarian aid." he said.

"The Vralex Supremacy had been fighting the Tylorian Republic for almost a decade." Commander Margai interjected. "When the Frontier arrived, the Vralex had pushed their forces all the way to our homeworld, Tyloria Prime. We had only about two dozen Republic ships left to defend us." she said. "Frontier was going to leave after it had helped us... Captain Nikolayev told us that to stay would be to violate the Prime Directive, so he began to take Frontier out of our space." she added.

"But he didn't... what happened? What changed his mind?" Commander Roberts asked.

"Well... I'm not Yuri Nikolayev..." Ingraham began. "But from what I have read of the records, Nikolayev had wrote in his personal logs, that when he ordered the Frontier out of Tylorian space, he began to think about you folks here at home... at the time, you were still fighting the Dominion, and the allies were taking heavy losses. Nikolayev did not know if the Federation would survive or not. He wanted to make sure there would be something left of the Federation if the UFP here in the Milky Way fell. He also saw the potential of the UFP in the Tylorian Republic... and he did not want to bear witness to that dream meeting its demise, when he could do something to stop it. So.. he reversed course, and fought the Vralex off at Tyloria." he stated.

"My people were beyond grateful." Margai began. "President Pentique asked Captain Nikolayev what would be required to have the Tylorian Republic admitted into the Federation. He told the President that there was no precedent for something like that in that setting, because such a petition required a Federation Council review, as well as Ambassadors and the such. But Pentique was very adamant, and he kept pressing Nikolayev to join with the UFP. Finally, Captain Nikolayev came up with a solution... a makeshift UFP Council, made up from the various alien crewmembers on Frontier. They would gather together along with the Ambassadors from the Republic worlds, and review a petition. However, that presented a new problem..." she said, handing it over to Ingraham.

"There was no UFP to present the application to. So... we did the only thing we could... the Tylorian Republic was not only admitted into the Federation... it was converted into the Federation... it BECAME the UFP." he said. "Think of it as the "Andromeda Chapter" of the UFP." he offered, trying to offer a smile.

Captain Johnson looked to Commander Roberts, as they shared an uncomfortable look.

"My, oh my... just wait until the President gets a load of this." Johnson said, looking to his number one.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:10 am

THE MILKY WAY GALAXY

The ship held orbit above Earth, the U.S.S. Trelon following alongside.

Inside the ship, the group sat at the conference table, in the large and comfortable Conference Lounge, as the T'Zek officers continued to listen intently to the tale that Captain Ingraham was telling them.

"Okay..." Captain Johnson began. "So, supposedly twenty-five years ago, you folks established a kind of new Federation in Andromeda. Flash-forward to the present. You just told us that the Frontier's transwarp drive had been destroyed by sabotage. If that's the case, how did you get all the way back here? How did the Vralex ship get all the way out here?" he asked.

Captain Ingraham shared a look with Commander Margai, as he then faced the T'Zek officers again to respond.

"The Trelon is a brand-new ship... a prototype. It was built and modified to field-test a new experimental Federation transwarp drive engine. We had been on testing maneuvers in the Tinziki Sector for five days, when we detected a pair of Vralex Pirate Gunships in the vicinity. We could not let the Vralex get their hands on our transwarp drive, so I ordered the ship to pursue, and chase them out of the region. It was then that we got the shock of our lives." he said.

"What happened?" Commander Roberts asked.

"The Vralex ships shot into transwarp themselves... so we followed, maintaining pursuit... all the way here." Ingraham relayed.

"But the Vralex don't have transwarp capability, do they?" Johnson asked.

"No... they are not supposed to." Ingraham returned. "But... it appears that in the twenty-five years since the UFP began in Andromeda, the Vralex have been watching us, and developing their own tech parallel to our own." he said.

"A cold war?" Roberts shot back.

"A cold war." Ingraham returned. "From what we could tell from our sensors, the Vralex ships each emitted a quantum-level embedded subspace pulse, which triggered some form of transwarp vortex, which they were able to enter. We had to follow them, to prevent them from attacking Earth." he added. "As soon as we can get back to Andromeda, we have to warn Starfleet of the Vralex transwarp gateway, and the threat to Earth."

"Well, I'm sure you'll be allowed to contact Starfleet, but first I'm sure the President will want to meet with you." Johnson offered.

This comment caught Ingraham off-guard.

"You... you have the ability to send subspace signals through transwarp?" he asked.

"Aye." Commander Roberts began. "The Federation has had transwarp capability ever since the Dominion War ended."

"And you never came looking for us? Never even sent any subspace messages towards Andromeda, to see if we were okay?" Ingraham asked.

"We thought the Frontier had been lost." Johnson came back. "Besides... even if we were to send out a message or a search party... how would we even know WHERE in Andromeda to begin looking?" he added.

Gradually, the truth of the Captain's words sank in for Ingraham, as he nodded, looking to the table.

"So... when do we get to see Earth?" Margai offered, offering a smile to the T'Zek officers.

OFFICE OF THE FEDERATION PRESIDENT - PARIS, FRANCE

The doors to the President's office slid open, and a pair of legs walked over to the middle of the room, facing the President's desk. A man cleared his throat, and then addressed the President.

"Mister President... you may want to clear your schedule for a while... one of our starships has just made a discovery." the man said, his upper body still out of view, as he walked right over to the President's desk, and set a PADD down upon it.

"Thank you... I will take a look it it now." the President's voice uttered, as the President himself was still obscured from sight. "You are dismissed, Commander... thank you." the President added, as now the man's form moved away, leaving the room.

As the Commander left, a shiny black hand with claw-like fingers reached for the PADD, and picked it up. President Melek began to scroll through the data on it, reading.

President Melek had been the UFP President since the middle of the Dominion War. Normally, a Federation President would serve at most eight years, and then a newcomer would take over. But those were unique times. The Melek that had been alive in the old timeline... the one where Earth had fallen to the Dominion, had chosen not to follow T'Zek's restoration fleet, and remain at Earth. He had cited the non-interference clause of the Prime Directive as his motive. He had respected and cherished the spirit of the Prime Directive all the way to the end.

After the temporal restoration, the records that the previous Melek had left were made public. The people of the UFP were so impressed that their President had respected the Prime Directive to such a degree, that the Federation Council held a vote, and it was decided that in return for that respect for Federation law, Melek should be allowed to serve a life term as President. It was an unprecedented action... a first in UFP history. But it was what the people wanted.

Melek's eyes continued scanning through the data on the PADD. Finally, he spoke, setting the PADD down again.

"Oh, my." he began. "This... this I shall have to see for myself." he said, as he pressed a button on his desk, calling his assistant. "Miss Huggins... will you please signal the Starship T'Zek... inform them that I wish to meet with their new arrivals." he said.

"Yes, Mister President." her comm voice replied.

President Melek sat at his desk, and just looked forward, wondering just what it was he had just read... if that story was true, then it would mean that Captain Nikolayev had violated the Prime Directive in a huge way... if that were the case, then he would have to find the Frontier crew, bring them home, and place them under arrest, under charges of violation of the Prime Directive, interfering in the technological and cultural development of a world, and military actions against an alien species previously not at war with the Federation.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:13 am

EARTH - THE MILKY WAY GALAXY

The starships Trelon and T'Zek maintained orbit of Earth, at a low impulse speed.

"Personal Journal, President Melek, United Federation of Planets. This morning, I was made aware of the existence of a starship claiming to be from a newly established UFP in the Andromeda Galaxy, created in part, by Captain Yuri Nikolayev, of the Starship Frontier. I find myself deeply troubled by this. If Captain Nikolayev is indeed responsible for converting an entire preexisting organization into the UFP, then he is guilty of a violation of the Prime Directive of the grossest degree. I am about to meet with the Captain and First Officer of the Starship Trelon, the ship claiming to be from Andromeda. The story they tell me will determine my next courses of action."

President Melek sat at his desk, the PADD of information about the Trelon on the desk before him, as Captain Ingraham and Commander Margai stood at attention before him.

"So, you say that Captain Nikolayev arrived on the scene at Tyloria with the intention of simply rendering humanitarian aid? And when he saw the scope of what was happening, that's when he began to reverse course?" Melek asked.

For a long series of seconds, the only sound in the office was that of an antique grandfather clock ticking, until finally, Captain Ingraham spoke up.

"Yes, Sir, Mister President... it is exactly as we told you, and as we told Captain Johnson." he began. "With all due respect, Mister President... this feels more like an interrogation that a homecoming." Ingraham added.

"Does it?" Melek shot back. "Mister Ingraham... you are a Bolian, and an adult at that... I assume that means that you were a part of the Frontier's original crew?" he asked.

"Yes, Sir." Ingraham replied, a slight tone of confusion in his voice.

Melek nodded.

"I see." Melek began, as he then pressed a button on his desktop, activating the intercom. "Come on in." he said.

A second later, from the doorways on either side of the office, a total of two Starfleet Security men entered the room, each carrying a type-III phaser rifle. The man to the left of Captain Ingraham produced a security anklet, and approached the Captain.

"Stay where you are, and do not resist." the man stated.

"What the hell is this?" Ingraham asked, shocked.

Melek stood up, facing the Bolian man directly, as he informed him what was happening.

"Mister Vidgis Ingraham... as of this moment, by the power vested in me, by the people of the United Federation of Planets, I am placing you under arrest, for the multiple charges of gross violation of the Prime Directive, conspiracy to violate the Prime Directive, engaging in hostile military actions against a species not previously at war with the Federation, and helping to imprint a Federation influence upon an alien society." Melek stated, calmly, as the security anklet was secured around Ingraham.

"This is outrageous!" Commander Margai called out, on the verge of tears. "I demand to speak with Admiral Nikolayev, right away!" she spat.

"My dear woman..." Melek began, looking to Margai. "Your people were innocents in all this. I apologize for the damage one of our Captains has done to your culture... rest assured... I WILL be speaking with "Admiral" Nikolayev, quite shortly. In the meantime, you are free to leave. Enjoy your time on Earth." Melek said, as the other security man began to take Margai by the arm, leading her out of the President's office, as the other man led Ingraham out.

"Captain! Captain Ingraham! Don't let them do this!" she shouted out after him, as they were both led away.

Finally, as Margai watched her Captain get taken away, she broke down, crying uncontrollably, as she tried to struggle free from the security man, but he tightened his grip, and forced her out of the room, as the sliding frosted glass doors to the President's office slid shut in front of her, cutting her off from the view of Melek.

Inside the President's office, Melek looked on, as a third security man entered from the left door that Ingraham had been led out of. The man nodded in respect to Melek, who returned the gesture.

"Mister Donovan... I want you to get a team together, and secure that ship of theirs. Tell the crew that they're all to enjoy some R & R on the surface... just get that ship evacuated. Once that is done, I want all stellar charts and navigational data for this "Tylorian Sector"... I want to know exactly how to get there." Melek ordered.

"Yes, Mister President... right away. And if there are any more on that ship that are from the Frontier?" Donovan asked.

"They are to be placed under arrest on-sight, and charged with the crimes I have specified." Melek replied.

"Aye, Sir." the man said, as he nodded again, and turned to leave, and carry out the President's orders.

The ship held position over Earth.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, the turbolift doors opened to reveal the Starfleet Security team from Earth, as they entered the room. There were only two crewmembers left on the ship, and they were here... both Tylorians... one man, and one woman.

"You're not on the surface." one of the Security men stated.

"We're leaving now... we just had some final tasks to perform." the Tylorian man said.

"Are there any other people on this ship who were part of the Frontier's crew, other than Ingraham?" the Security man asked, as he looked the Bridge over.

"No, Sir... just him. Why?" the man asked, as he suddenly realized that he had not seen or heard from the Captain, since he went to Earth. "Where is the Captain?"

"President Melek has seen fit to place Mister Ingraham under arrest, for among other things, violation of the Prime Directive." the Security man replied, calmly, as he scanned the Bridge, not even facing the two Tylorians.

The two Tylorians were shocked, as they stood there, their mouths agape.

"WHAT?" they called out.

The Security man finished his scans, and holstered his tricorder, as he walked over to what he assumed was the CONN station.

"I assume this is the CONN?" he began. "If you must remain on board, you can help us out by showing us all the navigational charts for the course to Tyloria Prime." he said, as if nothing else was going on, as he finally turned to face the Tylorians.

President Melek stood at his desk, flanked by a set of Starfleet Admirals, and a Bolian Ambassador, who wore a modern and stylish white suit. The group listened to the incoming comm transmission from the Trelon.

"Mister President... we have the spatial coordinates for Tyloria Prime... transmitting them to you now." the man's comm voice stated.

"Excellent... thank you. Data has been received. You've done a good job... now come back home." Melek said, closing the channel, as he looked to the Bolian Ambassador next to him... a man whom he had known for many years now...

"Well, Ambassador Klonn... are you ready for a shock?" Melek asked.

"Let's see what they have to say, Mister President." Klonn replied.

Melek nodded, and as Klonn and all the Starfleet Admirals looked on, he pressed some buttons on his desktop.

"Computer... open a general band subspace frequency, with universal Federation greeting, to these spatial coordinates. Include the following addendum message: "This is President Melek, of the United Federation of Planets... please respond." Begin transmitting message immediately." he instructed.

"Acknowledged... coding and sending transmission." the computer replied.

THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY - TINZIKI SECTOR

U.S.S. DIRIDIA - REPUBLIC-CLASS

The ship held position in space, quietly scanning and sweeping the region for any trace of the missing Trelon.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, Captain March fought to stay alert. Nothing was becoming of the constant scans... in one full day, all they had found was the Trelon's warp and transwarp trail, but there was no debris or any sign of a battle or damage to a ship. Not even a lone record buoy.

A series of bleeps sounded from the Tactical station, and at first March and her Tactical Officer almost did not notice, but the Tactical Officer soon informed March of the readings.

"Oh, wow... okay... Captain... um... you're gonna want to hear this. We're reading an incoming subspace transmission, directed to Tyloria Prime. The message is from... a President Melek?" she said, puzzled.

"All stop!" March shouted, as she got up from her chair, and rushed to see the message for herself, scrolling by on the Tactical display. Finally, wearing a huge smile, she looked to her Tactical Officer. "Get me Admiral Nikolayev, right away!" she said.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:16 am

TYLORIA PRIME - THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY

The beautiful Earth-like ringed planet maintained its orbit around its parent gas giant, Tyloria III.

STARFLEET COMMAND - PELDURA CITY

Inside the large complex, Admiral Yuri Nikolayev sat in his office, pouring over the PADDwork on his desk, as he rubbed his forehead... this was going to be another long night. Between the situation with the Duladi, the puzzle of the Trelon's disappearance, and the Lorendi's petition to join the UFP, Starfleet and the Federation had a full plate.

Nikolayev sighed, as he put one PADD off to the side, taking another one, and placing it on the desk in front of him. As he reached for a stylus, and was about to begin entering information onto the device, he got a call from the Communications Division. He tapped a button on his desk to hear the call.

"Yeah... what is it?" he asked.

"Admiral... excuse the interruption, but we have an urgent message for you from the Starship Diridia... they say that they have intercepted a subspace message that is being aimed towards Tyloria... and that the message is from a President Melek." the man's voice stated.

At the mention of Melek's name, Nikolayev stopped what he was doing, and just looked up, staring forward, as he dropped the stylus he was holding back onto the desktop. For a long moment of silence, he wore a look of distanced shock, as he just kept facing straight ahead.

"Say... say that again?" he asked.

"The subspace message is from a President Melek." the man repeated. "It is a live call, Sir." he added.

Finally, the reality of what was happening began to settle in on the Admiral, and he reached for his desktop computer, swiveling it to face him, as he activated it.

"Put it through to my office." he ordered, as he took advantage of the few nanoseconds of free time he had, to tidy up his personal appearance as best he could, adjusting his uniform.

President Melek and all those present in his office stood facing the large wall monitor, as the screen displayed some prismatic static for a few seconds, until it cleared, and the image of Admiral Yuri Nikolayev in his office filled the view.

For a moment, the entire group drank in the sight of the man and his surroundings, as on the other end, Nikolayev appeared to also be looking over Melek.

"Yuri Nikolayev? I am President Melek, of the United Federation of Planets." Melek began.

"Aye... I am Yuri Nikolayev... how are you, Mister President? It's been such a long time... you have no idea how pleasantly surprised I am to hear from you!" Nikolayev began. "How... how did you contact us? How did you find us?" he asked.

All eyes were on Melek, as he gave his reply.

"We did not find you... you came to us... in a manner of speaking." Melek began. "It seems you have misplaced one of your starships... the U.S.S. Trelon." he added.

"The Trelon... the Trelon is there... at Earth?" Nikolayev asked, on the other end.

"It is." Melek said. "It is currently orbiting the planet." he added.

"Oh, my god... it worked! The transwarp drive worked! Yes!" Nikolayev exclaimed aloud, to himself, as he again focused on Melek. "So where is Captain Ingraham? Can I speak with him?" he asked, smiling.

Melek nodded, as the others watched him move around his desk to the front of it, facing Nikolayev.

"All in good time." he began. "Mister Ingraham told us quite a tale of what became of the Frontier... it seems you had quite an encounter with a species called Tylorian." Melek led on. "An encounter that seems to have violated every core principle of the Prime Directive." he added. "To answer your question, Mister Ingraham is currently in the custody of Starfleet Security. He has been placed under arrest on the charges of gross violation of the Prime Directive, conspiracy to commit a violation of the Prime Directive, helping to assert a Federation influence over an alien society, and military action against a species previously not at war with the Federation." Melek said.

Admiral Nikolayev's features darkened, as he heard the news and the charges against the Captain.

"What the... Mister President, you can't be serious... he is not responsible for--" the Admiral began, but was cut off by Melek.

"Oh, yes, he is... everyone aboard the Frontier, including and especially you, will also be placed under arrest, for the exact same charges, upon your return to Earth." Melek said. "Now... I want you to bring the Frontier home, with her original crew on aboard, and turn yourselves in to Starfleet Security." he added.

Admiral Nikolayev was beside himself with disbelief... was this really happening?

"Mister President... I'm afraid that's easier said than done... you see, the Trelon is one-of-a-kind... the transwarp engine she used to get to the Milky Way is a prototype... the only one we have." the Admiral reported.

Melek looked at the image of Nikolayev on the monitor.

"Very well... then we will come to you. Prepare to receive our fleet in roughly two days. The Trelon and her crew, including Mister Ingraham will also be returning with us. Upon our arrival, the original crew of the Starship Frontier is ordered to present themselves to my Security forces, to be taken into custody, on the charges I have noted." Melek said.

"Mister President... at least allow me to show you what we have here... what has been done... I assure you, it's not what you think." Nikolayev plead.

"Oh, trust me, Captain Nikolayev... I WILL be meeting with you and many other involved people... I will get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, pending our arrival, I am ordering any and all "Starfleet" vessels in operation in Andromeda, as well as any and all "Starfleet" and "Federation" activity, to be immediately suspended." Melek said.

"I can't do that... I don't have that authority... President Pentique does." Nikolayev said.

"I am the President of the United Federation of Planets, Sir... or have you forgotten that fact? My orders stand. We will be in contact again, before I leave. Melek out." the President stated, as the channel was closed.

Melek turned and looked to the assembled group, all of whom wore curious looks on their faces.

"I think "wow" just about says it all." Ambassador Klonn offered.

"Indeed." Melek said, as he pressed a button on his desk panel. "Miss Huggins... prepare my ship for travel... and assign a fleet of twenty-five ships to join me." he told the woman over the intercom, as he again looked to the Admirals and Ambassador Klonn.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:17 am

RESIDENCE OF PRESIDENT CARTHAX PENTIQUE - PELDURA CITY

The Tylorian Sun was setting now, as the gas giant Tyloria III moved to obscure the star from the planet's view. Gradually, the night lights of the city became visible.

Inside the large but modestly appointed house, almost everything was dark. President Pentique never married, and had no children of his own, and thus, lived a solitary life, when in private. The only sounds of activity came from his darkened bedroom, where he now spent all of his time. Carthax Pentique, President of the Tylorian Republic, and then, the United Federation of Planets, was now dying.

He had lived a long and full life, and now the ravages of time and old age were taking their toll on the old man's body. The man who had once been so utterly vibrant, full of life and energy, was now reduced to a withering shell, able to breathe, only with the assistance of computers. He hardly had energy to breathe, let alone speak at all. Most of the time, he was in a halfway state... not totally asleep, yet not really awake, either. He was in a state of delirium, sometimes whispering aloud to nobody but himself, in incoherent and fragmented sentences. But there were periods of lucidity.

The door to the room opened, allowing a thin sliver of light from the hallway to illuminate the room, as the shadow of a man appeared, and then walked inside.

Admiral Nikolayev looked at the President in his bed, and then looked to the tall Tylorian man standing watch over the President... his next in line... Vice President Vrendon Astrid. The two men shared a knowing and grim look.

"Still getting worse?" Nikolayev asked.

"Aye." Astrid began, shaking his head. "I can't believe how fast it's happening... he's just going... before our very eyes..." he tried to finish, but could not, his voice breaking, as he stopped himself. "I'm sorry." he added.

"Don't be." Nikolayev replied. "We all feel the same way." he said, as he moved closer to Pentique, pulling up a chair, so that he could sit at the man's bedside. "Would uh... would you excuse us, please? I'll just be a few minutes." he added, as Astrid nodded, walking out of the room, leaving Nikolayev with Pentique.

For a long moment of silence, Nikolayev just looked at the man, laying there, only the sound of his breath, and the sounds of the life-support machines to be heard. Gently, the Admiral placed his hand atop Pentique's right hand.

"Mister President." he said, softly.

Slowly, sounds of life could be heard from the dying man, as he made a groaning sound, and slowly opened his eyes, letting out a series of weak coughs, as he looked to Nikolayev.

"Mister President... it's me... it's Yuri. I bring you news." he began. "It has finally happened, Mister President... we have finally made contact with Earth!" he said, trying to sound happy, for Pentique's benefit.

The President made a sound as if he wanted to attempt to speak, but the words... or the energy to utter them, would not come.

"Don't strain yourself, Mister President... just listen." Nikolayev stated. "Our new engine... our transwarp engine... it got the Trelon all the way to Earth, Sir!" he said. "And get this... you know how you have always wanted to meet an Entomalian? Always wanted to meet Melek? Well guess who is still the President back home? Melek! I don't know how, but he is... and he's coming here!" he added.

For a small moment, Nikolayev swore he saw a glimmer of light in the old man's eyes again. The President forced as big a smile as he could muster, and summoning a lot of energy, mustered the power to weakly speak.

"Melek... Melek is coming here?" he said, smiling, as he chuckled, partly at his own words.

"Yes, Mister President! But I have to tell you something... Melek thinks that I violated the Prime Directive, when we created this Federation here... he may want to dissolve it. But he has agreed to meet with you, to discuss it." Nikolayev said, increasing the volume of his voice, so that the President could understand what he was telling him.

Pentique coughed, as he groaned, trying to adjust himself in his bed.

"What we did was and is for the greater good. He has to understand that. Now that our two worlds have been reunited in voice, so must we come together as one in life." Pentique said.

"I am doing my best to convince him, Sir... but I believe that when he meets you, your words may have more of an impact than mine. I just wanted you to be prepared, on what his position is." Nikolayev said.

"I understand." Pentique said, as he now began to close his eyes again, as he gently tapped Nikolayev's hand with his own. "Thank you... Admiral, for telling me..." he said, as he drifted off to sleep again, leaving the Admiral to watch him, as he slept.

ANGEL ONE - THE MILKY WAY GALAXY

U.S.S. SEDNA - CENTURY-CLASS

The small new Federation ship held orbit over Angel One... the UFP's newest member world.

Admiral's Personal log, Admiral Rachel Ariel, U.S.S. Sedna, Starfleet Command. The Sedna remains in orbit, as we begin to conclude the admission ceremony for Angel One's entry into the Federation. It has taken Angel One a long time to secure admission into the Federation, but they have finally realized that dream, and can now enjoy all the benefits of being a full-fledged Federation member world.

Inside the ship, in the Observation Lounge, Admiral Ariel wove her way through the many Federation Ambassadors and Admiralty that were on hand for the event, as well as many of the people from Angel One. Everyone was talking, laughing, and holding drinks or food. Finally, one of the Admirals caught Ariel by the arm, and stopped her.

"Rachel... let me introduce you to someone." the man said, motioning for one of the Angel One women to come over. "This is Mistress Renatta, the Elected One of Angel One. And Mistress Renatta, this is Admiral Rachel Ariel." he said, smiling, as Ariel and Renatta shook hands.

"A pleasure, Mistress Renatta." Ariel offered.

"Mine, I assure you." Renatta came back. "I just want to express again, how happy we all are to have been so warmly welcomed into the great Federation family." she said. "Gronthen Klonn is quite the diplomat... it was his idea to pursue the admission of our world into the Federation. You all must be very proud of him... the alliance with the Entomalians, and now us." she added.

"Well, in a lot of cases, the jury's still out on the Entomalian issue... but I'm glad we could oblige your people." Ariel said. Before she could say anymore, an Ensign's comm voice came through to her via her communicator, from the Bridge.

"Excuse me, Admiral, but there is a message coming in from Earth... President Melek would like you to take the Sedna to Earth, as soon as etiquette allows... he says he'll brief you in full, once we get to Earth." the man said.

Ariel tapped her communicator, to reply.

"Very well... inform the President that we'll be there as soon as we can. Ariel out." she said, as she again returned her focus to the celebration.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:19 am

THE DROMOLAN SYSTEM - THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY

U.S.S. DAWNSTAR - DAWNSTAR-CLASS

The mighty new Federation ship sailed through space at impulse, as it continued charting the system. The Dawnstar was the newest and largest class of ship in the Andromedan Starfleet... equal in size to an Ambassador-Class ship, it was the largest ship in the fleet, with the lone exception of the U.S.S. Frontier. The Dawnstar-Class also held the most "traditional" Starfleet design... the ages-old saucer/neck/secondary hull/pylons/engine nacelles formation. These new ships had been built in just the last year and a half, and were the pride of the new Starfleet... the Andromedan Federation's first truly serious long-range exploration tools.

Inside the great ship, on the Bridge, Captain Drath Lezar sat in his command chair, watching the forward view on the screen. The Bolian man had come a long way since serving as Nikolayev's Tactical Officer, on the Frontier so many years ago. He had been honored to receive such a nice new command, but this latest mission was killing him... for three months, the Dawnstar had been out here, mapping the vast Dromolan System. But there was nothing here... even though there were plenty rumors floating around the Federation, that there was a Dromolan race located somewhere out here, so far the facts were painting another picture. So far, the only thing that would give any credibility to any rumors, was that the Dromolan Sun was a G-Type star, just like Sol.

"Anything yet?" Lezar asked.

His CONN Officer worked her panel.

"Aye, Sir... we just passed a asteroidal fragment... approximately five feet wide, and two feet tall." she said.

"Whoopee." Lezar lamented, getting up from his seat, as some alarms from the Tactical station drew his attention. "What is it?" he asked the Tactical Officer.

The Yunat man worked his panel, then looked to Lezar.

"Sir... message from Tyloria Prime. All Federation ships not orbiting Duladi Prime, and not engaged in Vralex defense actions, are to immediately divert, and return back to Tyloria Prime, at maximum warp. Further details to come, upon arrival at Tyloria Prime, signed Admiral Yuri Nikolayev, and Vice President Vrendon Astrid." the man said.

Lezar looked around his Bridge, at the faces of those under his command. Everyone wore looks of worry... what was going on? Why was the entire fleet being called back home? Had something happened to the President? Have the Vralex attacked Tyloria again?

"Sir... is the President... is he alright?" one of the Tylorian women, a Sciences officer, asked from one of the aft stations.

"I'm sure nothing has changed... if he had taken a turn for the worst, we would have heard about it by now... it'd be all over the subspace net." Lezar began, as he turned to face his CONN Officer. "Miss Jelnik... take us out of the Dromolan System, and set course for Tyloria Prime... warp nine." he said.

"Aye, Sir." she replied.

In space, the mighty Dawnstar moved towards the nearby Dromolan Sun, as it burned bright in space. Suddenly, the great ship angled upward, as it turned about, and began to move off, as the blue lights from the warp engines began to build in intensity. The Dawnstar then shot herself into high warp, as the ship shot forward, as a streak of light, vanishing into the far distance, leaving only a pinpoint flash of white light behind.

U.S.S. ENTERPRISE-F - ENTERPRISE-CLASS

The ultra-sleek and proud Federation ship sat in orbit of Earth, her mirror-shiny golden hull gleaming, as behind her, a fleet of about fifteen other Starfleet ships had assembled. President Melek's fleet was beginning to shape up.

The 1701-F was the smallest Enterprise in some time... at roughly the size of an old Excelsior-Class ship, she was smaller than both the C, D, and E. But she was still ultra-sleek, and boasted a very thin side profile, like the ship could slice through the fabric of space, like a knife could slice through butter.

Inside the ship, in the Observation Lounge, the ship's crew gathered for R&R, enjoying a meal, or some drinks, as many conversed together. Outside the large windows, the U.S.S. Trelon could be seen in the distance, holding position above Earth.

A group of five Starfleet Officers looked at the strange ship from another galaxy, and began to talk about it.

"It looks strange." one man said, an Engineering officer.

"Scuttlebutt has it it got here by way of some kind of transwarp drive." another Engineering man said. "I think it's true... this morning, our department got orders to manufacture a new transwarp engine, and keep it boxed, when we complete it... don't install anything." he added.

"You think it's for those other Starfleet people? The ones in Andromeda? To give it to them, so they can get back to Earth?" a woman said, a Command officer.

"What else could it be for?" the first Engineering man began. "All the ships in the fleet have been given the same order... secure a new transwarp engine, and don't install it. No... no doubt about it... the President wants those people back here." he added.

One of the men, a Sciences officer, chimed in.

"Those people from the Frontier are in for a heap of trouble, when they get back here." he began. "I heard that Melek had the Captain of that ship out there arrested."

The Command woman spoke up again.

"It's kind of sad, really... I mean, I wonder what kind of place that other UFP is. I mean, it must have been a monumental undertaking... if I were Melek, I'd actually be a bit impressed." she offered. "Have you heard what they're saying about that planet they came from... Tyloria Prime?" she asked. "It's already got Federation scientists buzzing... supposedly, it's not like any Class-M world we've encountered." she went on. "Get this... that Tyloria planet... it's actually a moon... an Earth-sized, Class-M moon, that orbits a big gas giant. Not only that... but this Class-M moon/planet... it not only has a ring system, but somehow, it maintains a moon of its very own!" she said, amazed.

Another Sciences officer from the group, a young Vulcan man, offered his analysis.

"If that is indeed true, it would mean that Tyloria Prime must have an extremely fragile orbit, and orientation, in relation to the parent gas giant... it must be in some kind of gravitational "sweet spot", to maintain such a balance." he offered. "It is a fascinating prospect, to see this world, and this other Federation." he added.

Finally, the first Engineering man spoke up.

"Well, whatever the case... we're gonna get the chance to see it all for ourselves soon enough." he said, looking back to the strange ship outside.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:20 am

President Melek's fleet sat in orbit of Earth, preparing to get underway, led by the Enterprise-F.

Suddenly, a transwarp flashpoint appeared off in the distance, and a bright streak of pure golden light came streaking out from it, snapping back into the form of a single Entomalian Feliz-Dat-Class ship.

The Feliz-Dat-Class ship came to a glide in front of the fleet, and then slowed to a mere drift.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, the doors to the Ready-Room slid open, allowing President Melek onto the Bridge, as he turned to face the viewscreen, which displayed the new arrival.

"What've we got?" he asked the Tactical Officer.

"One Feliz-Dat-Class Starship, Sir... it identifies itself as the E.I.V. Enza. They are hailing us, Sir." the man reported.

"On screen." Melek ordered.

The image on the large main viewscreen changed from a view of the ship, to the face of the Captain of the Enza, on his own Bridge.

"This is President Melek, of the United Federation of Planets. How can we help you?" Melek asked.

"Greetings from your neighbors in the Entomalian Alliance, Mister President. I am Captain Xrenth, of the E.I.V. Enza. I am here to transfer one of our engineering teams to your vessel." Xrenth stated.

"Engineering team?" Melek asked.

"Yes, Mister President... word gets around fast... we have been made aware of the fate of the Frontier's transwarp engine... its Entomalian transwarp engine. To say that we were surprised that it was vulnerable to any form of sabotage, is putting it mildly. Fleet Command has ordered one of our engineering teams to accompany you to Tyloria Prime, so that they may inspect the remains of the Frontier's drive firsthand." Xrenth explained.

"Very well, Captain... we will gladly accept your team on board. They are free to transport over at their convenience. Melek out." the President said, as on the other end Xrenth nodded, as the channel closed, restoring the view to the sight of the drifting E.I.V. Enza.

UFP COUNCIL CHAMBERS - PELDURA CITY

The large complex sat just to the side of the large grounds of Starfleet Command.

Inside the mammoth auditorium, the room was awash with sounds of outrage and protest... delegates and Starfleet brass were shouting out their thoughts to the group of men standing upon the speech platform, by the podium... Vice President Vrendon Astrid, Admiral Nikolayev, Admiral Henti Jezereth, and Ambassador Nygrek Xintadi.

"This is a joke! They can't do this!" one man shouted.

"Yeah! Melek has no authority here!" another man yelled.

"This is insanity! No way we can just up and shut down the entire Starfleet!" one Admiral shouted.

Finally, Nikolayev had had enough, and he slammed a gavel repeatedly upon the surface of the podium, until everyone began to quiet down, and get settled.

"ENOUGH!" Nikolayev shouted out, as he moved to face everyone, flanked by Admiral Jezereth. "Sit down, and listen to me!" he called out, as slowly, people began to sit back down, the shouting now reduced to a mere murmur. "Now... we all knew this day was coming. We just figured we'd have more time to prepare, and do things in a more organized and controlled way." he began. "For starters... yes... Melek DOES have authority here... HE IS the President of the United Federation of Planets. Yes, Carthax Pentique is our President, but we all knew that when the day would come to reunite with our brethren in the Milky Way, that whoever the President was back home, would ultimately assume control of the UFP here as well. Carthax himself knew that. Pentique took control here, because we needed a Presidential figure, and he knew and understood that. But the UFP began in the Milky Way, on Earth. It is on Earth, that the elections are held... it is on Earth, that the Federation Charter was drafted and signed... it is on Earth where the laws and power behind the Federation reside. We ARE the United Federation of Planets. As such, we MUST respect the laws of the UFP, as well as the wishes and commands of the President back home. Otherwise, we become outlaws... separatists." he explained.

In the crowd, Admiral Ingren Jenz shared a look with the two people beside him... Captains Cedri and Lezar.

"But how the hell can we protect Federation space from the Vralex, with the fleet here, at Tyloria? If we keep our whole fleet here, Federation space is no better protected than it was twenty-five years ago!" shouted one Admiral from the crowd.

On the stage, Admiral Jezereth stepped forward, and spoke, in response.

"It is for that very reason, that our ships on patrol duty in areas where Vralex activity is prevalent, are staying put... and we are going to explain that to President Melek, when he gets here." he stated.

Nikolayev stepped to the podium again, taking over.

"Enough of this... this matter is closed. President Melek is on his way here. When he gets here, he will meet with President Pentique, as well as many of us. We will get our chances to speak our thoughts. But know this... he IS our President. We will ALL afford him the respect and devotion he deserves. We will treat him like the honored guest he will be, and in doing so, will present to him an image of professionalism, devotion to duty, and honor for his title and position. We will make the very best damned impression we can on him, so that he can see the integrity and value of what we have worked so hard to build here." he said, as he looked to the crowd.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 am

U.S.S. EXETER - CONSTITUTION CLASS

The proud and graceful old ship sat in orbit above Tyloria Prime, the sunlight glinting off the ship's magnificent opalescent white hull.

The Exeter was a training vessel for the Andromedan Starfleet... it had been so ever since the ship received its Phase II refit, at the hands of the Tylorian shipyards, twenty-five years ago. After the refit, then Captain Ingren Jenz, who until that time, had been the First Officer of the Tylorian Guard Vessel Ultridies, was awarded command of Exeter, as Captain Tracey elected to resign from Starfleet service, and pursue a civil sector life, on the surface of Tyloria Prime. Since then, the Exeter had had two commanding officers... first Captain Jenz, and then the current commanding officer... Captain Jezin Amarjit, a Tylorian woman.

Under the leadership of her two Tylorian Captains, the Exeter had helped shape and train the future of Starfleet. Those proud cadets who completed their tours on the majestic old ship went on to eventually hold their own commands, on the great new starships that would become the proud new symbols of the Andromedan Starfleet... the Republic-Class... the Lagrange-Class... and even the mighty new Dawnstar-Class.

But it was not all academic duty... the Exeter herself could boast two first-contacts under her belt... the Yunat, and the Lorendi, both of whom would end up joining the Federation after less than a year.

However... even though it had been a very long time since Captain Tracey left the ship, both of her Tylorian Captains had wanted to honor his role as her original commander. Thus, one special guest quarters was reserved for Ronald Tracey alone, and was furnished with his personal effects from his time as the Exeter's Captain. His visits were few and far between, but once in a while, he would come aboard, just to see the old ship, and to say hello to whatever crew happened to occupy her at the time. The cadets and crew loved his visits... they relished the time spent with him... the opportunity to talk with him, and ask him questions. Tracey himself would never join the ship on any journey into space... he had said that he had had his fill of star travel, and that now, he wanted to just retire in peace and quiet.

But recent events had spurred Captain Amarjit to contact Tracey, on the surface, and ask to meet with him on board Exeter. Tracey had agreed to the meeting, mostly because it was the first time ANY of the other Captains of Exeter had ever asked anything of him... anything at all.

Now, twenty-five years from the date that Exeter was thrown into the Andromeda Galaxy, former Captain Ronald Tracey found himself staring at his own aged reflection, in the window of his guest quarters.

His features had not disguised the effects of time. His hair, once thick and black, was now grey. His once-smooth face was now worn with wrinkles, that attested to the fact that this man had lived a full life. His eyes were... there. In his youth, he had been full of endless energy, and vitality, but now, he spent his days in quiet reflection, and his eyes just stared right back into themselves, as if answering every one of his questions to himself with but another question.

His reflected face superimposed itself over the sight of the globe of Tyloria Prime, outside the window. Behind the reflection of his face, another object could be seen reflected in the window... his original Captain's uniform, which was now fitted snugly over a mannequin form. His eyes moved to regard the reflection of the uniform, as if studying it from afar, with a new-found curiosity. His face showed no emotion, as his eyes just gazed at the article of clothing. Finally, after a long moment, his eyelids lowered, and he let out a soft sigh.

Suddenly, the doors to his quarters hissed open, and the light from the corridor illuminated the otherwise very dimly lit room. He looked at the reflection in the window, to see the shadowy form of a young woman standing in the doorway... Captain Jezin Amarjit. In the reflected image, the doors hissed closed again, darkening the room once more, as Tracey now turned to face his visitor.

"Hello, Ronald." she said, softly.

"Captain." he replied, respectfully, taking a seat, as he looked to Amarjit.

"I thought you should know, Captain... Admiral Nikolayev has made contact with Earth... with the Federation back home." she explained.

"Is that so?" Tracey said, his voice soft and calm.

"It is." Amarjit began. "I thought that... I thought that maybe you'd be interested in participating in the ceremony to welcome President Melek to Tyloria." she offered. "After all... if all goes well, a lot of us may be seeing Earth... some for the first time, some seeing it again." she said. "It has been a long time." she added.

Tracey just offered her a warm and polite smile, as he looked to her.

"Well, I thank you for telling me, Captain... but as you say... it has indeed been a long time. I've lived on Tyloria for a quarter of a century now... I think of this as my home." he began. "But, if it will make you happy... I will gladly consider it." he offered, as she nodded, smiling, as she got up, and began to leave the room.

As the woman left, Tracey got back up, and as the doors hissed open and shut again, returned to his viewing window, and again gazed out into the dark void... reflecting.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:23 am

The mighty golden ship held position at the front of the fleet that would take the journey to Tyloria Prime, as the U.S.S. Trelon drifted alongside the ship, to starboard.

Inside the ship, former Captain Vidgis Ingraham was led into one of the ship's Detention Cells, as he stepped inside the small cell, as the Security man behind him activated the forcefield, as Ingraham turned to look him in the eyes, a proud and undaunted look on his face.

"I'm sorry, Captain... it's nothing personal... just following the President's orders." the man began. "Personally, I'm really excited by your visit... I am really looking forward to seeing what you guys have built over there." he added.

"Don't worry about it." Ingraham replied. "You're not locking away a criminal... I have done nothing wrong, and therefore, I am guilty of nothing, and therefore, have no reason to feel uncomfortable." he said, looking right into the Ensign's eyes, with an unsettling calm, and an unwavering stare.

The Ensign became unsettled, and just gave the Captain an awkward nod, as he turned, and left the man to his own devices.

On the Bridge of the Enterprise-F, President Melek walked to the front of the Bridge, and stood beside the OPS Officer, as he tapped the intercom button, signalling the fleet.

"Attention all ships... this is President Melek. We're moving out now. All ships set course for the Tylorian System, Alpha Quadrant, Andromeda Galaxy... maximum transwarp!" he ordered. "Engage on my mark... mark!" he called out, as he moved to sit in the command chair.

In space, the Enterprise-F and the Trelon led the fleet of twenty-five out of Earth orbit, and into open space. Wave after wave of the ships that made up the great gold fleet passed by, until finally, the lead units began to power up their mighty transwarp engines, and the first ships shot ahead into transwarp, as the other units followed, leaving behind long streaks of pure golden light, that ended with pinpoint flashes of white light, far off in the distance.

THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY - BETA QUADRANT

KARNAT PRIME - HOMEWORLD OF THE VRALEX SUPREMACY

The small and barren world hung silent in space, as in orbit, many Vralex ships were gathered... mostly Pirate Gunships, but also some large Men-of-War.

VRALEX MAN-OF-WAR

The large ship held orbit over Karnat, as a few small Pirate Gunships flew past it.

Inside the massive ship, which was slightly bigger than a D'Deridex-Class Romulan Warbird, the vessel's Supreme Commander strode onto the Bridge, the lights of the room reflecting off of his mirror-shiny lavender armor, and his highly polished lavender disruptor rifle, which was every bit as massive as the first time it had been seen by humans... twenty-five years ago, on the surface of Gendalon Major.

The Supreme Commander looked to his troops, who were also adorned with the highly polished armor and rifles, and then spoke to them, in the reptilian hiss of the Vralex language.

(translated from Vralex): "It has now been confirmed... all contact with our two ships in the Tinziki Sector has been lost. The Man-of-War that passed close to that region two days ago was only able to detect a faint transwarp residual signature... two, in fact... both of which were heading for the galaxy that the Federation originated from. There WAS a third transwarp signature found, but it was not Vralex... it was Federation." he stated.

His troops all looked to each other, as they reacted to the news.

(translated from Vralex): "Additionally... our long-range monitoring stations have intercepted transmissions that originated from that other galaxy... directed to Tyloria Prime... and on Frequencies used by the Federation. Somehow... somehow, the Federation has been able to develop its own transwarp drive, and they have used it to contact the Federation in that other galaxy, and are brining them here. This has to be the first step in an invasion. They know we have our own method of transwarp now, and they cannot allow that to be. Therefore, they have united Federations, and are now going to strike us." the Supreme Commander said.

(translated from Vralex): "How can we fight them? The Federation has been more than a match for us for the past ten years, and now, if they have increased their numbers, that also increases their firepower... To fight such a force, we would have to devote almost our entire military." one of the troops stated.

(translated from Vralex): "Yes... and not only that, but who is to know what kinds of weapons the Federation from that other galaxy has? They may be even MORE powerful than the Federation from Tyloria." another troop said.

The Supreme Commander sneered, as he replied.

(translated from Vralex): "The Federation IS indeed mighty... but we are Vralex... our strength lies in the application of raw, brute, physical force... we can use that application against the Federation... we strike the once incredibly hard, and once they're down, we keep striking, and keep striking, until they are down for the count, and can no longer put up any resistance. Use whatever tactics we must... including using our own ships against theirs. Just use the application of force, and do it quickly, and relentlessly. If we do this, and do it fast, they will be unprepared to deal with the blows we shall deal them, and will be forced to withdraw from battle." he offered.

The troops looked to each other, as if mentally discussing the plan.

(translated from Vralex): "So then where is this great offensive to take place?" one of the troops asked.

The Supreme Commander faced his troops, as he delivered his reply.

(translated from Vralex): "We will fight them off at the very spot where our transwarp field generators are... so that we can protect it, and prevent them from discovering it." he began. "And that equipment lies in an asteroid belt, in the Verindor System. That is where the battle will take place." he said, as he looked to his troops, who were all "smiling", as they sneered, emitting hissing sounds of approval, as the Supreme Commander joined them.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:25 am

THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY - ALPHA QUADRANT

U.S.S. DAWNSTAR - DAWNSTAR-CLASS

The mighty ship sailed through space at high warp, en route to Tyloria Prime, as all around the ship, the stars were streaking by as elongated white lines.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the Dawnstar was surrounded on all sides, by twenty-five golden Federation starships, as Melek's fleet dropped out of transwarp, and into normal subspace, following the Dawnstar on her course.

Some of the forward golden ships passed by the Dawnstar, moving in front of her, keeping pace, as the latter ships hung behind.

On the Bridge of the Dawnstar, Captain Lezar and his crew looked with astonishment at the shiny golden Federation ships in front of the ship, on the viewscreen. After a moment, one ship in particular lowered into position directly in front of the Dawnstar... a medium-sized, and extremely sleek ship... the Enterprise-F. After a few seconds, some alarms on the Tactical console began to beep, and the Tactical Officer informed Lezar of the readings.

"Captain... that ship is hailing us... it's... it's President Melek, Sir." the Tylorian woman said, shocked.

All eyes looked to Captain Lezar, as his smile could not be hidden. Finally, he straightened up, and walked a few paces closer to the large screen.

"On screen." he said, as the image shifted from that of the golden fleet outside, to the face of President Melek, on the Bridge of the Enterprise-F. "Mister President." Lezar started. "On behalf of the United Federation of Planets in Andromeda, welcome to the Andromeda Galaxy." he offered.

President Melek appeared to be looking over Lezar and his Bridge crew, until he finally gave the Captain a reply.

"Thank you." Melek began. "Captain... why is your ship not yet at Tyloria? I ordered that all Starfleet activity be stopped." he added.

"Yes, Mister President... you did. We are en route to Tyloria. When we got the order, we were quite far away, charting a new star system." Lezar explained. "I would be honored, Mister President, if you would do us the honor of allowing us to escort you to Tyloria Prime." he added.

Melek thought about it for a moment, and then gave his answer.

"Very well, Captain... lead the way." Melek said, as he closed the channel, restoring the view to that of the golden ships outside.

The mighty ship sailed through space at high warp, led by the Dawnstar, as the rest of the fleet followed close behind.

Inside the ship, President Melek sat on the couch in his quarters, as his wife emerged from the bedroom area, now out of uniform, and in her night attire, as she walked over to the food replicator.

"Tea, hot." she ordered, as the terminal produced the warm drink for her, in a plain white mug.

Admiral Rachel Ariel took the mug, and walked over to the couch, sitting beside her husband, who was engrossed in reading a PADD.

"You've been quiet tonight, honey." she began. "I know something's troubling you... what is it?" she asked, as she sipped her tea.

"It's this story of the founding of this Andromedan Federation." Melek began. "It has just been bringing up a lot of old feelings for me." he said.

"You regret your decision to stay on Earth, rather than go with Queen T'Zek on her temporal reversion mission?" Ariel asked.

Melek placed the PADD down on the glass table, as he shook his head, before looking to Ariel.

"It's more than just that... what I did I had to do... on principle. I had a duty to uphold and respect the spirit of the Federation's highest law." he said.

"But that's just it, isn't it, Melek... deep inside, you wish you hadn't had to do that... you wish you could have just left, with T'Zek's forces." she said.

Melek knew deep down inside, that his wife was right... but to admit that would be too painful for him.... to admit to himself, that he had wished he did not have to follow the Federation's highest tenet, while he was the President. He got up from the couch, and walked over to his "office" desk, and looked at the large painting on the wall behind it... a representation of every starship named Enterprise, as each ship held a certain position in space, as each ship in front of it moved more forward, until finally, the Enterprise-F stood at the lead, looking as if it were about to vault itself into transwarp, boldly charging forward, and paving a way for the new legacy of the Federation, carrying on the brave tradition of the Enterprise name. Melek stared at the painting, as his wife looked on from the couch behind him.

"You know... when T'Zek came to me, with her proposal for the Trinity mission... my heart swelled at the prospect... as an Entomalian, and a servant of the Empire, there could be no greater honor or calling, than to be a part of what she was suggesting to do." he began. "But I couldn't... because she was right... I was no longer an Entomalian... no longer a servant of the Empire... I had become something else." he began, his voice showing signs of breaking.

Ariel saw that he was about to become unglued, and rushed to him, placing her arms around him, to offer support and comfort.

"You ARE an Entomalian, Melek... you are the greatest, most honorable, most decent man I've ever known. You have strong principles, and you have the personal honor and integrity to stick with them." she said. "You did what you had to do... what T'Zek said to you, was said out of anger." she offered.

"My wife..." Melek began, placing his hands upon hers, as he looked to her. "The Queen was right... at that moment, I knew I could no longer be a servant of her Empire... I was the President of the Federation... I had a duty to a new set of peoples. Yes... I am the President... and Presidents get to be Presidents... they do not get to be heroes." he said, looking back to the painting, as Ariel just rested her head on his shoulders, holding him.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 am

Inside the large complex, Admirals Nikolayev and Jezereth stood inside the large Stellar Cartography room, watching a slowly panning and rotating map of Federation space in the Andromeda Galaxy. The two men stared, as the map continued moving, silent.

Finally, the map quickly zoomed inward fast, targeting an image of a Federation starship... the U.S.S. Dawnstar, which was "glowing" red. One of the cartographers alerted the Admirals to what was happening.

"Sirs! Confirmed contact! The U.S.S. Dawnstar is reporting that she is now entering the Tylorian System... and she's got company... Captain Lezar reports that President Melek's fleet is with him... the Dawnstar is escorting them here." the man stated.

Nikolayev turned to Jezereth... this was it... now the Tylorians would get their first look at the "real" Federation, from back home, and Nikolayev would have to take responsibility for what he had done, so many years ago. Nikolayev felt a flood of emotions... nervous anticipation, worry, fear, excitement, joy, and awe. Jezereth just smiled back at him, as he patted the human Admiral on the shoulders.

"Let's go, Yuri... I believe Captain Ingersol is waiting for us on the Frontier." he said, as Nikolayev nodded, letting Jezereth lead him out of the room.

"Now we'll see what happens." Yuri began. "And whatever happens, will happen." he added.

The beautiful ringed moon of Tyloria III spun slowly in space, as off in the distance, twenty-six warp flashpoints suddenly appeared, and the Dawnstar and Melek's fleet came streaking out of high warp, and snapping back into form, as the fleet came to a slow impulse glide above Tyloria Prime.

Inside the great ship, on the Bridge, President Melek, and the entire Bridge crew stood up, and gazed at the stunningly beautiful sight on the main viewscreen... Tyloria Prime... a planet just like Earth, only with a beautiful silvery ring system. Tyloria Pime's only moon, Jant, was visible as well, as the gargantuan gas giant of Tyloria III stood behind the world, as a massive backdrop of swirling blue and white gasses, that almost eclipsed the entire night sky. Between Tyloria Prime and the gas giant, in the distance, seven out of the other fifteen moons of Tyloria III could be seen.

Suddenly, Captain Lezar's voice came through the intercom, with a simple and short greeting, to go along with the sight.

"Welcome to Tyloria Prime, everyone." he said, closing the channel again.

"It's beautiful." Melek whispered, as Admiral Ariel moved to him, and held his arm, as she shared the sight with him.

"Sir." the Tactical Officer began. "I have the other Starfleet on visual for you." he said, as suddenly, the image on the screen panned down and zoomed in fast, to a fleet of about sixty-five "Starfleet" ships. Many were small to medium-sized vessels, and were of a "unique" design... only the Dawnstar-Class ships instantly registered in Melek's mind as being Starfleet... and of course... the two other familiar ships... the Frontier, and one other vessel...

"Oh, my..." Melek began, as he moved forward a few steps, as the viewscreen zoomed in and focused in on that one particular ship... "Is that... it can't be..." he said, as he looked closer at the ship...

The U.S.S. Exeter held position at the head of the fleet, above the Frontier, her beautiful opalescent white hull shining in the starlight, showcasing the majesty of her new Phase II form for all to see.

"Sir..." the Tactical Officer began. "The Frontier is hailing us... Admiral Nikolayev, Sir." he reported.

Melek took a moment to share a look with Ariel, and then took a look at the Bridge crew, before turning back to the viewscreen.

"Put it on screen, Mister Umbutu." Melek stated.

After a second, the image on the screen changed to that of the inside of the Frontier's Bridge, as Admirals Nikolayev and Jezereth stood in the foreground, as the entire Bridge crew of Frontier stood at attention behind them. After what seemed like an eternity, Nikolayev finally initiated the greeting.

"Mister President, on behalf of the United Federation of Planets in Andromeda, and Starfleet, and on behalf of the Tylorian People, we welcome you to Tyloria Prime." he said. "You know me, but to my side is Admiral Henti Jezereth." Nikolayev began, as he indicated for someone behind him to come forward, into the view. "And this is Captain Tendri Ingersol... she commands the Frontier now." he added, as the Tylorian woman just nodded, smiling pleasantly at Melek.

Melek regarded the people, and finally spoke.

"Indeed." he began. "On behalf of my fleet, I accept and thank you for your welcome. I am eager to begin our meetings, and see how all this began. In the meantime... I'm sure you'll have no objections to the fleet assuming orbit of the planet?" Melek added.

"None at all, Mister President." Nikolayev began, on the other end. "Please... your fleet is most welcome here... this is your home. Our people greatly look forward to meeting you." he added.

"Very well." Melek began. "Prepare to receive me on the surface in two hours. I will meet with you and Admiral Jezereth first, and then, per our agreement, I will meet with Carthax Pentique." he added.

"Understood, Mister President. You have my word that I will abide by the rules of our agreement, fully, without protest, and of my own free will." Nikolayev replied.

"Thank you. I will contact you in two hours... Enterprise out." Melek said, closing the channel, and restoring the view of the Tylorian planets outside.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:29 am

Outside the large complex, Admiral Nikolayev and Vice President Vrendon Astrid stood waiting... waiting for President Melek and the others from the Milky Way to beam down. Behind Nikolayev and Astrid, the Ambassadors from all the Andromedan UFP worlds were gathered, along with a host of the Admiralty. There was also a large contingent of Federation news media present, as this was truly a historic moment.

Suddenly, a voice came through on Nikolayev's communicator.

"This is the Enterprise... President Melek is ready to beam down." the man's voice said.

Nikolayev tapped his communicator, to reply.

"Send him over." he said.

As Nikolayev straightened up, the media crews aimed their recording devices, and began snapping pictures and recording the scene for history.

After a second, the buzzing whine of the transporter could be heard, as multiple curtains of shimmering pinkish-purple light came raining down on the surface, gradually forming into President Melek and his large entourage. The camera recorders of the media went wild, vigorously snapping away, capturing the sight of the new arrivals.

As the transporter beams died off, President Melek stepped forward, flanked by Ambassador Gronthen Klonn, as Admiral Nikolayev and Vrendon Astrid also moved forward, to meet Melek.

Nikolayev and Melek both paused in front of each other, and after a second, Nikolayev smiled, and extended his hand to the Entomalian President.

"President Melek... on behalf of everyone here, it is an honor to welcome you to Tyloria Prime... welcome." he said, as Melek accepted his hand, and shook it, as the media continued to snap pictures and record the event. "Allow me to introduce you to the man standing beside me... Vrendon Astrid... Vice President of the UFP in Andromeda." he said, as Vrendon now stepped forward, and shook Melek's hand.

"An honor, Mister President." Vrendon said, smiling, as the handshake ended, and he politely withdrew, stepping back into place, handing the next move over to Melek.

Finally, Melek looked to the others in his own party, to make his introductions.

"Allow me to introduce my colleques... Ambassador Gronthen Klonn." he began, as the Bolian man stepped forward, and nodded politely at the two Andromedan men. "Admiral Rachel Ariel, and behind us, are the Ambassadors from the UFP worlds in the Milky Way. They are here to go over the procedures you used in founding this little endeavor." Melek said, as he then indicated for a group of people to step forward, from behind the crowd... a group of about a dozen Entomalian men. "Mister Nikolayev... these men are here on the authority of Entomalian Fleet Command... they are an engineering team. Their orders are to examine the remains of the Frontier's transwarp drive... at the earliest convenience, please take them to the device, and inform your people here that they are hereby granted unlimited and unrestricted access to all of your Engineering Department." Melek added.

"Of course, Mister President." Nikolayev replied, as he looked to the Entomalian team. "If you will come this way, Admiral Sindar here will put you in touch with Starfleet Engineering." he said, as the twelve Entomalian men filed forward, to meet the Admiral. Finally, Nikolayev looked to Melek again, and also the original Milky Way UFP Ambassadors behind him. "Mister President, esteemed members of the Federation Council... behind me, are representatives from the worlds of the UFP here in Andromeda... Ambassadors from the Fflong, the Zendawi, the Yunat, the Lorendi, the Duladi, the Lunax, the Trophylites, the Uluvi, the Steen, the Stroth, the Mirfex, the Pretalians, the Gretharians, the Doshekki, the Corthalians, and the Ventiri." Nikolayev said, as all the men and Melek, as well as the original UFP Ambassadors all regarded each other. "Now, if you and your people will come with us, Mister President... there are some more people that would like to say hello to you." Nikolayev said, as he gestured for the group to follow him.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:32 am

The two Starfleets from both the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxies, sat in orbit of Tyloria Prime, intermingled with one another.

President Melek's entourage followed him, as he was led to a door that rested at the end of a long corridor inside the main complex. As the mass of people reached the door, Admiral Nikolayev cut to the front of the group, between them and the door.

"Now... what you are about to see may surprise you... but, as is the tale of the Frontier... everything is true, and real." Nikolayev said, as he pressed the buttons on the panel beside the door, allowing it to open.

As the doors hissed open, a room revealed itself... a waiting room... decorated sparingly, with a long and rounded couch, and a few small nightstands, and a central desk, as well as some lighting fixtures, and a few potted plants.

Melek could see that there were four people seated on the couch... two were humans... one was Andorian, and the other was Vulcan. One of the humans was a woman... the other was a man, but his face was not visible... his back was to Melek. The man appeared to be elderly, however, as his hair was all grey. Upon seeing the President, everyone, except for the human man looked to Melek, with sincere and big smiles on their faces.

Suddenly, the elderly human man got up, and began to turn to face Melek, giving Melek a shock, as Melek saw him for who he was...

The human woman, the Andorian, and the Vulcan... all of them wore uniforms that were consistent with what all the Andromedan Starfleet people were wearing... but not this man... he was wearing a REAL Starfleet uniform... an OLD Starfleet uniform... from the early 23rd century... the days of the very first Enterprise, under Captain Kirk, and its famous five year mission.

Upon seeing Melek and the Milky Way group's reactions, the man moved closer to Melek, and extended his hand, as he cleared his throat, introducing himself.

"Hi... I am Ronald Tracey... Captain Ronald Tracey... formerly of the Starship Exeter." he said, calmly, as Melek shook the man's hand.

Melek just subtly shook his head, in disbelief, as Tracey indicated to the other people, who now stood up, from sitting on the couch.

"This is Captain Avon Yepi." Tracey began, referring to the Andorian man. "He was my Engineering Cadet, on the Exeter... now he's the Captain of the Starship Hunjiri." he said, as Captain Yepi walked over to Melek, and shook his hand. "And this is Commander Sovak... he was my Science Cadet, but now he's the First Officer on the Starship Illidiquis." he went on, as now Commander Sovak walked up to Melek, and also shook his hand. "Finally... we have Captain April March... she used to be my Navigation Cadet... she now commands the Starship Diridia." he said, allowing Captain March to walk up to Melek, and shake his hand as well. Finally, Tracey returned his own attention to Melek. "As for me... I'm retired... happily. I currently reside here, on Tyloria Prime... the Kumbiri continent, Tirem City... it's a small village, in a beautiful red rock valley... quite similar to parts of my native Australia... you should see the sunsets from Tirem... quite the sight." Tracey finished.

Melek was floored, as were a great many others from the Milky Way group.

"It is... it's... it's an honor to meet all of you. I had no idea... I didn't know any of you were still around. We all saw the Exeter in orbit, but we were not sure how much, if any, of her original crew was still around... this is remarkable." Melek began. "The Exeter looked quite different, when we saw her." he added.

"Aye." Tracey began. "What you saw is the result of a nearly year-long refit of the ship that the Tylorians did, shortly after our arrival here... you see, during a major battle with the Vralex, both my ship, and the Frontier were severely damaged... three-fourths of Exeter's saucer had been blown away, and we almost lost our secondary hull. That, by the way, is the battle that was fought as a result of Nikolayev's choice to remain, and help the Tylorians." Tracey added.

Melek looked at the Exeter four, spellbound by their presence. Finally, he broke the silence.

"Well, it seems we have a lot to discuss. I suggest we best get to it. I understand that I have a meeting with Carthax Pentique not too long from now, and I want to be well educated on events here, prior to that meeting." Melek said, as he moved to sit down on the couch with the Exeter four, as the rest of the people also filed into the room, after the President.

The starry depths of space were broken, by the form of a single space vessel sailing through the void, at full impulse... an orange ship, with a mostly crescent-shaped hull, with a forward "mandible" section... a Ferengi vessel.

The lone D'Kal-Class Marauder had been out in space almost for ten months solid... its crew on a quest for profit, in a newly discovered system, that boasted a planet rich in ore of Trillium 323. The ship had made its visit to the planet, and indeed had found the desired Trillium 323 deposits. To make the deal even sweeter, the system was not inhabited or claimed by any space-faring peoples. However, despite all of that seemingly good fortune, the Ferengi were heading for home, profitless for the moment... unfortunately for the crew of this particular Ferengi vessel, the part of the planet that contained the rich Trillium 323 deposits, was currently covered by a very thick layer of ice. That continent was experiencing its winter, and massive continental blizzards were sweeping over the area, and would not clear for at least another five months.

So, the crew was heading home to the Ferengi Alliance, in hopes that they could gather enough funding and resources, to establish an orbital ore processing station above the planet. By the time such a station would be completed, the winter would have ended, and the ice would be thawing, allowing easy extraction of the ore.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, the ship's Daimon was overseeing the course home, when one of his officers alerted him to some alarms that suddenly began to beep.

"Daimon... a ship approaches... fast! And it's weapons are powering up... it is scanning us!" the officer called out, from a station near the aft of the Bridge.

"What! What kind of ship? Where did it come from?" the Daimon called out, sneering.

"Unknown species identification... but from our scans... it looks cross-shaped... it came out of nowhere, Daimon!" the officer cried out.

"Shields up... weapons at the ready! Prepare to engage evasive maneuvers!" the Daimon shouted out.

In space, the large D'Kal-Class Marauder began to angle away and pick up speed, as behind it, a Vralex Pirate Gunship raced towards it, and opened fire, with twin beams of brilliant electric lavender light.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:38 am

The D'Kal-Class Marauder continued to flee from the Vralex vessel, as finally, the Marauder began to return fire, with its own weapons, shooting out beams of brilliant light blue disruptor energy at the oncoming Pirate Gunship.

FERENGI MARAUDER - D'KAL-CLASS

On the Bridge, the Weapons Officer cried out, as a weapons hit to the ship caused nearby stations to spark, and emit smoke, as he informed the Daimon of what was going on.

"Daimon! They are collapsing our shield! They will try to board us!" the man called out.

"Ready your sidearms." the Daimon began. "If they come on board, we will defend our cargo... with our lives, if need be!" he said, just as he, as well as his Bridge crew, was drawn to the sight of a bright lavender glow filling the Bridge, along with the swooshing sound of the Vralex transporter beam.

The Daimon and his crew found themselves staring at the massive forms of five huge Vralex warriors, each of them aiming their gargantuan energy rifles at them, their mirror-shiny purple armor shining, as the lights of the Bridge reflected upon them. Finally, the Daimon took a few cautious steps forward, to address the Vralex Commander... the Vralex were like giants, dwarfing the small Ferengi.

"I... I am Daimon Grok... if you are here for the processed deuterium... I assure you, we will not give it up to raiders--" he began, but was cut off, as the Vralex leader spoke, filling the room with the loud hiss of the Vralex language.

(translated from Vralex): "Where are the stranger-ships? Where are the Federations?" the massive Commander asked.

The Daimon just wore a blank look... no Ferengi had ever heard the Vralex language, and nobody understood them. Finally, the Vralex Commander realized this, and gestured for one of his men to throw him a PADD, which the man did.

The Vralex Commander quickly pressed a few buttons to call up the information he wanted to display, and then turned the PADD to face the Ferengi, moving it about slowly, to show all of them what was on the screen...

A photograph of the U.S.S. Frontier.

"Hew-mons?" one of the Ferengi officers asked, aloud, puzzled, as the Daimon turned to face the Vralex Commander again.

"I'm sorry... but we have had no dealings with the hew-mons... we are heading home." the Daimon explained.

(translated from Vralex): "Where are these "hew-mons"... where is their planet?" the Commander prodded, now in a more aggressive tone and volume.

The Daimon just shook his head to indicate a negative response. That was not the right thing for him to do...

The Vralex took it as a sign the Daimon was covering for the hew-mons, and refusing to give them the information they wanted. The Vralex Commander leveled and aimed his massive rifle, and discharged the weapon, having a horrific effect...

The Ferengi had never in the history of their Alliance, ever seen anything as shockingly brutal as this weapon... with one sustained shot, the trademark Vralex energy beam shot out from the rifle... a central beam of brilliant bright pink, surrounded by a spiraling beam of "barbed" brilliant purple light, that appeared to physically "drill" into the target. As the weapon fired, the Daimon's entire body was physically lifted from the floor, and he was held in midair for a full three seconds, as the beams literally ripped his middle body to shreds, before the Vralex Commander released the beam, sending the dead Ferengi flying backward, where his body hit the wall, and fell to the floor, as his crew looked on, shocked, and frozen with raw terror.

Finally, the Vralex Commander looked to the Ferengi crew, and sneered, giving the order for his men to finish off the crew, as the Vralex troops began to open fire.

U.S.S. PALOMAR - NEW ORLEANS-CLASS

The Starfleet ship sailed through space, on a routine mapping mission, at a comfortable impulse pace.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, the ship's Tactical Officer alerted the Captain to some new data on her panel.

"Captain... we're reading a distress signal, from a region near Alpha Coradis... on a Ferengi channel." she said.

"The Ferengi? Who could be attacking the Ferengi?" the Captain asked, as he got up from the command chair, to walk to the Tactical station, and see for himself.

"The message says attacker is of unknown origin, Sir." she replied, looking to the Captain.

"Where was the Ferengi ship headed?" he asked.

The Tactical Officer called up the information, as she recited it to the Captain.

"Back to Ferenginar, Sir... the next nearest world it would pass by is here." she said, pointing to a blip on the monitor.

"Very well..." the Captain began, as he turned to face the CONN Officer. "Helm, lay in a course to intercept the Ferengi's distress signal, maximum warp!" he called out.

In space, the shiny golden U.S.S. Palomar angled up, as its mighty warp engines came glowing to full power, as the ship shot forward into high warp, leaving a long streak of golden light behind, that vanished into a pinpoint flash of white light.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:40 am

The Tylorian Sun was setting over the edge of the gas giant Tyloria III, casting a rust-red color over the Tylorian sky, as dusk now set in on the world.

"Personal Journal, President Melek. What a day... the fleet has made it to Tyloria Prime, the homeworld of this supposed "new Federation". I must admit... before I left Earth, my view of this undertaking was very cut-and-dry... a Federation starship Captain had violated the Prime Directive, and forever altered the sociopolitical nature of an alien culture. But, after meeting with the Exeter crew, and talking with the Tylorians and the original Frontier crew, I begin to realize that there was and is more to this picture. Captain Nikolayev appears to have done his best to stay within the bounds of the Prime Directive, but therein lies the problem... he attempted to abide by the basic tenets of the Prime Directive, while violating it.

However, what was done was done, and this Andromedan UFP is alive... it has grown... developed... it lives and breathes. It has space, starships, starbases, Ambassadors... even its own Presidential figure. Regardless of what Nikolayev may have done, in the short time I have been in the company of these Tylorians, the more I see how genuinely enthused they are to carry on the Starfleet tradition for exploration... years of Vralex oppression has left them a people hungry... hungry for the knowledge of what is out there... the unknown. They are adventurers... they are students... they are star sailors. Never before have I seen a group of people so genuinely happy and proud to be a part of something. Each and every Tylorian I've met, has greeted me with the largest smile I have ever seen, their faces and eyes illuminated with the glow of joy, and pride.

I cannot deny it... my view of this whole situation has changed since my arrival. These people have given me a lot to think about. I am now meeting with the "President" of this Andromedan UFP... Carthax Pentique. I intend to formulate my decision on what to do after meeting with him, and hearing his side of the story."

Inside Carthax Pentique's darkened bedroom, a thin sliver of light illuminated the floor, and crept up the bed, intersecting the President's face.

Slowly, the old President opened his eyes, as he awoke to a world of blurry darkness. Slowly, his eyes adjusted, and he saw a thin pillar of light, which was the hallway light, partially obscured by the almost totally-closed door. His eyes detected motion... some large form was sitting at his bedside... a large and black form... a being. The dark being reached its right arm out, and its hand clasped his own, holding it tight, as if to comfort him.

"E... eh... who..." Pentique began, as he struggled to come out of the haze that was now his mind.

"Hello, Mister President. I am Melek... President Melek... of the United Federation of Planets." Melek announced, softly.

Gradually, Pentique's eyes began to fully comprehend the form of the Entomalian man, and Pentique reached his right arm out, struggling to reach and touch Melek, to make sure he was really there.

"M... Melek... it is... it is you." he said, softly, as he then had to laugh at his own words, as his old and tired face mustered a smile, as he chuckled. "Nikolayev was right. That is nice. I have so wanted to meet you... meet an Entomalian." he said, weakly.

"I am right here, Mister President." Melek answered, softly.

"Do you like it?" Pentique began. "Do you like what we have built? We did it... we kept the Federation and Starfleet's legacy and vision alive... we came out of the darkness, and into the light." he said. I so hoped you'd be proud of what we've accomplished." the old man said.

Melek felt a wash of guilt sweep over him, and he had to look to the floor for a moment, before again facing the old man.

"Well, Mister President... I am proud of what you have done here... but you must understand that Captain Nikolayev did not have the authority to do what he did." Melek said, softly, trying to be extremely tactful and polite.

Pentique patted his own hand upon Melek's, like a father patting a son's hand, to comfort him, or reassure him.

"Don't be too hard on Nikolayev." Carthax began. "He tried so very hard to discourage me from making my proposals... I was the one who pressed him so hard... I was the one who wanted this so much." he said. "If it were not for me, Frontier would have had a very different destiny." he added.

"Well, I don't like the fact that both the Frontier and the Exeter participated in a military action against the Vralex... until that point, the Federation had no quarrel with that species... those Captains instantly thrust the Federation into a war with a species we were previously not at war with." Melek said.

"Let me tell you something about the Vralex, President Melek." Pentique began, now pointing at the man, like a stern grandfather giving a lecture to his grandson. "The Vralex Supremacy has absolutely no interest in peace with anyone. THEY fired on Frontier first... at Gendalon Major. We know the Vralex, Melek... there can be no middle ground with them." he said, taking a break to cough.

"What happened? What did the Vralex do to your people?" Melek asked.

Pentique relaxed upon his pillow, as he began to recall the events of so many decades ago...

"About fifty years ago, the Tylorian Republic was approached by the Vralex... under a "banner of peace"... they wanted to join the Republic. The Vralex are a dying species... their world, Karnat Prime, was once a lush planet, brimming with life, natural resources, and prosperity. But it was not to last... the Vralex grew greedy of the abundance on their world, and they plundered the planet for all its resources, until finally, all that was left, was a barren desert wasteland of a rock. What few resources were left became the objects of wars... Vralex families formed factions, and fought one another to claim their prize. When everything on Karnat had disappeared, they went into space. At first, their advances were somewhat peaceful... they traded or paid for what they desired. But when other people began to deny the Vralex, they grew more militant... more aggressive... angrier. They were a desperate race, on the verge of extinction... they began to take by force and violence, that which they desired. They became pirates of the stars. But, they came to us... asking to join the Republic, so that we could help them. we told them that if they were to join the Republic, they would have to give up their warring ways, and make some form of reparations to those who they had hurt. They did not like that... they basically took that as a denial of their petition." he said. "Their response was... brutal." he added.

"What did they do?" Melek asked.

"They murdered the Republic Ruling Council." Pentique began, as he looked to Melek. "Mister President... you have no idea... NO species with any semblance of civility whatsoever, is capable of manufacturing such weapons of horror... such ruthlessly brutal weapons. They have these energy rifles... massive rifles, of horrific power. They don't simply kill or vaporize you... they physically drill into your body... they tear your body to shreds, while you're still alive. They used those on the entire Republic Council... over four-hundred people... slaughtered, in a meaningless bloodbath. We knew from that moment, there would and could be no reasoning with the likes of the Vralex Supremacy... they wanted a war. It took the Tylorian Guard fleet a full day to drive the orbiting Vralex Pirate Gunships out of the Tylorian System. For twenty-five years following that event, the Tylorian Republic and the Vralex Supremacy would be at war." he said. "That's why I pressed Nikolayev to join your Federation... it would be our salvation." he added.

"But you had to know that there was no way you could truly join us... you are in Andromeda... we are in the Milky Way." Melek said.

Now Pentique began to cough a lot, and periodically spasm, as he tried to control his coughing.

"I knew that together, we would be stronger, than if we both stood alone, Mister President... that's why I told Nikolayev to try and pursue a new Federation transwarp engine... so that a day would dawn, when our two peoples would come together, and unite as one, against the darkness..." he said, but had to stop, as his coughing got progressively worse.

"Mister President... Carthax?" Melek called out, alarmed.

Pentique struggled in his bed, twisting as the coughs shook his body, as he groped for Melek's arm, finally getting ahold of it.

"We will only reach our fullest potential, when we are able to come together as one..." he began. "United we stand... divided, we shall fall." he added, as he now looked to Melek, with his eyes wide, as the last surges of life ran through his body. Unite the Federations, Melek... unite them..." Carthax said, as suddenly, his coughing grew weaker, as he laid back onto his bed, and quietly closed his eyes, and took his last breath, as his hand went limp in Melek's own hand.

Melek stared at the now-dead President for a long moment, as tears began to fall from his eyes, and he softly wept for the man, as he gently laid Pentique's hand down upon his chest.

"Goodbye, Mister President." Melek said, softly.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:41 am

The giant globe of Tyloria III hung above the landscape, as the stars of the night sky twinkled above the house of Carthax Pentique... the man who had led the Tylorian Republic the longest, and had presided over a shining new era in Tylorian history.

The front door to the residence opened, and Vice President Astrid and Nikolayev turned to see Melek approaching, his face wet with tears.

"The President is gone, isn't he?" Astrid asked, as Melek could only nod in reply.

Nikolayev looked to the ground, and forced the tears to stay inside of him, as he steeled himself, and stood straight, facing Melek.

"Mister President... per our agreement, I now voluntarily surrender myself into the custody of Federation Security." he said, offering himself to Melek, as the President walked over to him.

For a long moment, Melek regarded the man before him. Right now, everything was a mix of emotions... so much had happened, and was going on. Finally, Melek gave the only orders he could...

"Admiral Nikolayev... as of this moment, I am ordering you back to Earth, on the Frontier. But you will not be going home as a prisoner... I am dropping all charges against all parties... the Frontier crewmembers are all free men and women." Melek said.

Nikolayev was stunned... for the first time, Melek had referred to him as an Admiral, and was now suddenly dropping all criminal charges against him and his former crew.

"Thank you, Mister President." he began. "May i ask why you are sending Frontier home, Sir?" he asked.

"My fleet brought with them transwarp slipstream drives... I want you to take your ship to Earth, and take with you every bit of intelligence you have on the Vralex Supremacy... warn our people back home about them... tell them everything they need to know." Melek replied.

"Yes, Mister President." Nikolayev began. "Mister President... may I make but one small request?" he asked.

"That would be?" Melek asked.

"On the way to Earth, Sir... I would like your permission to make one short stop along the way... there is something I have to do." he said, as Melek's antennae raised, in interest.

TYLORIA PRIME ORBITAL STARFLEET YARDS

U.S.S. FRONTIER - SOVEREIGN-CLASS

The majestic old ship sat in the drydock, as yard teams installed the components of the transwarp slipstream drive into the exposed innards of the ship's mighty warp nacelles.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, the turbolift doors hissed open, allowing Nikolayev to step onto his old Bridge once again, as everyone on deck snapped to attention, and Captain Ingersol smiled, as she looked to the Admiral, from the command area.

"Admiral... what can we do for you?" she asked.

Nikolayev walked to meet her, and stood close to her, talking softly.

"We are taking Frontier back home... to Earth. President Melek wants me to give Starfleet Command all our information on the Vralex threat. we leave as soon as the yard teams are finished installing the transwarp drive." he said. "But on the way, we're making one stop first." he added.

"And where exactly are we taking the ship first?" she asked.

"Entomalius Prime." Nikolayev replied.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:43 am

TYLORIA PRIME ORBITAL STARFLEET YARDS

The great ship sat inside the drydock, as now the Workbees and EVA teams were closing all the exposed areas of the warp nacelles, and preparing the ship for launch once again.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, Admiral Nikolayev sat down once again, in his old command seat, relishing the feel of it, as he ran his hands over the armrests, allowing a flood of memories to return to him. After a moment, he was brought back to reality, with the sound of the turbolift doors hissing open, and the head of the Entomalian engineering team walked over to him, standing before him.

"Yes, Mister Kreznet... something I can do for you?" Nikolayev asked, looking up to the man.

"Admiral... my team and I intend to remain on board with you, for the trip back to Entomalius Prime... we want to observe the behavior of the new transwarp drive Melek gave you, during the voyage... if anything goes wrong, we will be here to help fix it." Kreznet said.

"Thank you, Mister Kreznet... I doubt we'll have any problems, but it'll be good to know you're on board, if we need you." Nikolayev said, as the Entomalian man nodded, and walked back towards the lift.

"Captain." the OPS Officer began. "The yard says we're clear... everything's been buttoned up... we're ready and clear to maneuver into open space, Sir." she said.

"Very well... Nikolayev to Engineering... bring the transwarp drive's matrix online... begin intermix procedures... gradual field stabilization." he said.

U.S.S. FRONTIER - MAIN ENGINEERING

Inside the large room, the Entomalian team looked to the mighty warp core, as the swirling blue energy inside was suddenly infused with a rushing wash of pure golden light, which quickly mixed in with, and was absorbed by the blue swirling light. The humans and Tylorians in the room were cautiously terrified... would it work, or would the Frontier prove to have some sort of "transwarp curse"?

One of the Entomalians looked to the pool table display.

"Energy intermix complete, and successful... conditions for optimal field stabilization achieved." the Entomalian stated.

"Warp field matrix now splitting... first multiple subspace layers established... field envelopes holding." another Entomalian across from the first said, as everyone in Engineering cheered at the news.

U.S.S. FRONTIER - MAIN BRIDGE

"Admiral... this is Zendrex... we have transwarp field matrix stabilization... transwarp drive is go... you are free to engage at any time." the Entomalian man's comm voice declared, as the sounds of those cheering in Engineering could also be heard.

The news was accompanied by applause all around on the Bridge, as Nikolayev smiled.

"Very well... Ensign... take us out of the dock, and lay in a course for the Milky Way Galaxy... Alpha Quadrant... destination... Entomalius Prime!" the Admiral said, with a huge smile, and pride, as the Bridge crew cheered.

"Aye, Sir... course laid in, and ready." the CONN Ensign replied.

"Ensign... maximum transwarp... engage!" Nikolayev signaled.

In space, the mighty ship began to move out of the dock, as the large warp nacelles glowed to full intensity, as the vessel picked up speed. As it flew over Tyloria Prime, the humming whine of warp energies powering up was heard, as suddenly, the whole ship shot forward, in a streak of blue light, that vanished far in the distance, with the telltale pinpoint flash of white light.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:47 am

- - TWO WEEKS LATER - -

The ship sailed through high warp space, as the stars shot past the ship as long streaks of white light.

"Admiral's Personal Log, Admiral Yuri Nikolayev, Starfleet Command. It has been two weeks since we left the Andromeda Galaxy. Thanks to the transwarp slipstream drive that President Melek brought with him, the Frontier was able to be equipped with the technology, allowing the ship to return once again, after long last, to her home galaxy. We cleared the Great Divide, and entered the Gamma Quadrant shore of the Milky Way Galaxy two days ago, and made it to the Alpha Quadrant, where we dropped out of transwarp, and into normal subspace again. we are now cruising towards Entomalius Prime at warp seven."

Inside the ship, Admiral Nikolayev sat in the Captain's chair, as Captain Ingersol occupied the First Officer's seat. The two shared a look, as Ingersol shot the Admiral a smile.

"You excited to be in another galaxy?" the Admiral asked her.

"Quite." she said, nodding, as she smiled. "I have no idea what to expect here... sure we have the Federation records, but still... to actually BE here... where it all took place... the source of it all... quite thrilling." she said.

"Wait until you get the chance to visit Memory Alpha... from what Melek told me, after the temporal restoration, all the records from the old timeline were taken to Memory Alpha, and archived there, for all to see and experience." Nikolayev said.

Suddenly, both were broken from the small talk, by some sensor alarms that were sounding from the Tactical console.

"Admiral, Captain... two vessels... dropping out of warp, and moving to intercept, on port and starboard." the Tactical officer began. "Now able to identify, Sir... two Entomalian Feliz-Dat-Class Starships, Sir... they are querying us." he added.

"On screen." Nikolayev ordered, as both he and Captain Ingersol stood up, to face the viewscreen.

The image on the viewscreen displayed the sight of two golden Feliz-Dats, sailing along behind the Frontier, keeping perfect pace with the ship. Suddenly, the voice of the lead ship's Captain came piping through the intercom.

"Federation starship... welcome to Entomalian space... may we ask your intent?" the man asked.

"This is Admiral Yuri Nikolayev, of the Federation Starship Frontier. We are on a course for your homeworld, for a private meeting. We have been cleared for access by Fleet Secretary Trenz." he stated.

"Very well, Frontier... we will provide you with escort to Entomalius Prime... welcome to the Entomalian Alliance." the man said, as now the viewscreen showed that the two ships were breaking off, and moving alongside Frontier, to flank the ship.

In space, the mighty Frontier shot through warp space, flanked on both sides by the twin Feliz-Dats.

The CONN officer glanced at the readings on her panel, as she relayed her data to the Admiral.

"Admiral... we are nearing Entomalius Prime." she said, calmly.

"Very well... Ensign, take us out of warp, and align us for an impulse glide into a standard orbit over the planet." Nikolayev replied.

In space, the mighty Starfleet vessel came streaking to a low impulse velocity, from out of warp space, just as behind it, the twin Feliz-Dats also came streaking out of warp, and instantly veered off sharply, heading away from the Frontier, allowing the ship to continue unmolested, into her orbit over the homeworld of the Entomalian race... Entomalius Prime... the planet that forever changed the entire universe.

The Starship Frontier entered standard orbit over the Earth-sized desert world, as in the distance, various Entomalian ships could be seen, flying patrol.

Admiral Nikolayev stood up from his command seat, and began to move to the turbolift.

"Captain Ingersol... you have the Bridge, until my return... I'll be on the surface, if you need me." he said.

ENTOMALIUS PRIME - CAPITOL CITY

The bright Entomalian sun distributed its rays over the vast Capitol City, which as always, boasted the Capitol Building as its centerpiece... the large pyramid-shaped building, built of Entomalian shale and limestone, which gave it that trademark light-to-dark yellow ochre color that was so prevalent on all Entomlian buildings and constructs. In the distance, the mighty T'Zanth mountain range stood proud, against the clear blue Entomalian sky, as the lanes of sky traffic dotted the sky.

ENTOMLIAN CAPITOL BUILDING - MAIN LOBBY

Most was quiet in the massive and palatial lobby of the building, which boasted polished beige marble floors, and massive pillars of polished Entomalian scarlet marble, which rose up into the rafters high overhead. Suddenly, in the middle of the room, the low buzzing of a transporter beam was heard, followed by the trademark silvery shimmer of a Starfleet transporter beam, as Admiral Nikolayev materialized, in the center of the room.

At a nearby desk, two Entomalian men, in business-like suits, saw the human man materialize, and one of them excused himself to go and meet the Admiral.

Upon arriving at Nikolayev's position, the man extended his hand, which the Admiral accepted, and shook.

"Admiral Nikolayev... a pleasure... I am Fleet Secretary Trenz." he said. "Please... if you will follow me?" he added, as he led the Admiral to a turbolift, which opened for them, as they entered the lift, the doors closing after them. "Cell level." Trenz told the lift, which began to descend upon command. "You reviewed the data we sent you?" he asked Nikolayev.

"Aye... I did... but it still seems a bit much... I mean... you think it's that dangerous?" the Admiral asked in reply.

"We're not taking ANY chances, Admiral... this was and is Queen T'Zek's prize... we intend to keep it here, without any chance of it being taken, stolen, transported, or otherwise moved... that's why there's so many security measures... triple-duranium base wall, with a triple-layered neutronium outer wall, surrounded by a multi-layered field... one layer is a base forcefield, maximum strength. The next layer is the same, but in a constant state of temporal flux. The last layer is the same as the first as well, but is in a constant state of quantum flux. This means there is NO way that it can be transported off... no possible way to break through all the quantum and chronometric rotations, and establish a lock... for all intents and purposes... it is both here, in our universe, and also not here... a bit of it is everywhere, at every time." Trenz explained, as the lift came to a halt, and the doors hissed open, allowing both men out.

Trenz led Nikolayev through a long hallway, which came to a point with a single door... a wide door. Trenz paused, and reached for something in his pocket, and pulled out a hypospray, holding it up to Nikolayev's arm.

"Here... this will help with the dizziness and disorientation you may experience, as a result of interaction with the fields... remember... if you experience ANY pain... alert me, and we'll come to help you." Trenz said, as he administered the contents of the hypo.

"Thanks." Nikolayev said.

"Don't thank me... you're nuts for wanting to do this, in my opinion, but I guess I can understand your reasons, from the data you sent me." Trenz replied. "Now... take your time, and when you're done, that button over there is the intercom... just call us, and we'll send someone down to bring you back upstairs." he said.

"Understood." Nikolayev said, as Trenz pressed a button on a panel, which allowed the wide door to slide open, revealing a large prison cell block, which even though it had multiple forcefields, was guarded by about a foot's worth of particle-weapon and bullet-proof transparent aluminum glass.

Trenz walked away, as the Admiral strained to find the occupant of the cell... to no avail. Finally, he turned away, to see if he could spot Trenz, but the man had already rounded the corner. A frustrated look on his face, Nikolayev turned back to the glass, and was shocked at the sight that welcomed him...

The Female Shapeshifter.

-- -- -- -- --

Admiral Nikolayev glared at the woman for the longest moment, as she just returned his gaze. Even though her look was blank, and devoid of feeling, something inside him just told him that her emotions directed to him were those of utter and boiling hatred. She watched his every single move... the smallest detail. Even when staring right into his eyes, he got the feeling that her eyes were recording every single bit of minutiae around him, as well as on him, like her eyes were everywhere at once.

"So... it's true... you live." he stated, flatly.

The Female Shapeshifter nodded, as she allowed the smallest of sly smiles to creep to the surface.

"I live, and as I live, so does the Dominion live." she replied. "Of course... I suppose I could express some form of surprise that you live." she retorted.

Now it was Nikolayev's turn to smile.

"Heh... funny you should mention that... that's actually part of the reason I wanted to see you... you see... we found your little stowaway, that you planted on Frontier... he had some fun on my ship... well, as much as he could have, before one of our phaser rifles cooked him extra crispy. But the damage he did was too little, too late... we made it to Andromeda." Nikolayev said.

The Founder's look turned sour, and very hateful, at the mention of the other Changeling's death.

"Oh... and your little plan for glory against Queen T'Zek... using the Guardians of Forever as instruments of invasion... as weapons... we learned all about that, as well. Thankfully, we were able to locate and destroy all the remaining Guardians, so you may not want to count on that option being of any help to your people in the future." he added.

The Founder's look was one of utter and unrestrained hatred, yet somehow, her face showed no lack of composure... her eyes conveyed all the darkness within herself, as her eyes just drilled into Nikolayev's eyes. Finally, she spoke.

"Why have you come?" she asked, plainly, and calmly.

"Not for anything too much." Nikolayev began. "Just this... I wanted to tell you personally, that you failed... you lost. You made a last-ditch effort to destroy the Federation's one last hope, and it failed miserably. And you want to know what's more? Not only did you fail to destroy any remnants of the Federation... but in a way, you paved the way for the creation of an expansion to the Federation. You see, we were stranded in Andromeda... we had to set up shop there. We created a new UFP, right there, in the Andromeda Galaxy... and now President Melek is over there, and chances are good that both Federations may soon become united as one... more unity... a bigger Federation. You devoted all your energy and resources into trying to win a war that you could only lose. You see... that's why T'Zek won, and that's why we came out all right in Andromeda... our causes were just, honorable, and we fought for the good. All you and your people know is hatred. Until you change that, and allow yourselves to become enlightened, that's the way it will always be." he said.

The two stared at each other for a long moment, Nikolayev looking on, as the Founder just glared at him... he could tell she wanted nothing more than to scream out in a rage, and lunge towards him, and violently murder him... but she could not. Not only that, she would not... if she did, she would be playing his game, and she felt she was above that... better than that. So, she kept her calculated composure.

"You forget one thing." she said back.

"And that is?" the Admiral asked.

"You may have defeated the Jem'Hadar... you may have halted our plan in the Andromeda Galaxy... but you have not defeated the Dominion. You have not defeated me. I live. I am the Dominion." she shot back. "As long as I live, the Dominion lives. I am a Changeling. I am forever." she added.

"It will be a Dominion of one." Nikolayev retorted.

"It will be a Dominion." the Founder began. "That is all that matters... as long as I am kept alive, I will outlive you. The Dominion will outlive you. The Dominion will remain, long after the Federation, the Entomalians, and all the other wretched solid races have perished into the dusts of time... I will remain... the Dominion will still be." she said.

Nikolayev looked to the floor, and shook his head in grim disbelief that was more out of pity for the Founder. Finally, he looked back up to her, and found her visibly smiling... it was a very thin smile, but it was there.

"You poor, poor, delusional woman." he began. "Your existence will be forever solitary... you will never again see another of your kind. And you will not be forever. One day, the Entomalian sun will go nova, and this world will meet its natural end. When the nova reaches this place, all the controls that keep you separate from the rest of our universe will fail, and you will be among us again... just long enough for this world... this entire star system, to be destroyed... you along with it. The Dominion along with it." he shot back. "There will be no Guardians of Forever for you to escape through... no Jem'Hadar ships... no magical Dominion beam-out... you will be alone. You will die alone." he finished.

He regarded the Founder, as she just glared at him, her angry eyes just pushing into his soul... he was looking at evil incarnate... of that he was certain. Finally, after a long moment, he turned to the intercom panel, and pressed the button.

"Nikolayev to Lobby... I'm done here." he said.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am

The ship sailed through high warp space, as the stars shot past the ship as long streaks of white light.

"Admiral's Personal log, Yuri Nikolayev, Starfleet Command. We are now two full day's travel from Earth. I find myself surprisingly apprehensive about returning to my own homeworld... which bothers me deeply... I should not feel that way at all... but for the past quarter century, Tyloria Prime has been my home, her people my family. I am not sure what I will feel, when I again set foot on Earth's surface. Will I feel as if I've come back home, as a grown man would, revisiting his boyhood home, where he grew up? Or will I feel strangely alienated, and distant... detached, in some way? These questions in my mind bother me... because I should not be pondering such things... this should be a joyous event, a cause for celebration. The whole crew is on the verge of breaking with anticipation... like children waiting for Santa to bring them gifts on Christmas, they are looking forward to seeing and visiting Earth.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, Admiral Nikolayev sat in his command chair, as he watched the stars zip by. Suddenly, an indicator began to beep on Captain Ingersol's console, at the First Officer's chair. She swiveled the panel to regard the data, and then looked to Nikolayev.

"What is it?" he asked her.

"Admiral... we're intercepting a message on a general Federation frequency, from the U.S.S. Palomar... a Federation ship... they are requesting any nearby Federation vessel to rendezvous with them, at their present location." Ingersol stated.

"Where is the Palomar now?" Nikolayev asked.

"Sensors have the Palomar in the Zeta Lamdis sector... it's a region of space claimed by the Entomalian Empire... it says here that they have two colonies in that area, and that that sector borders close to space held by the Ferengi Alliance." Ingersol explained.

"Hmmm..." Nikolayev began. "Damn, I'd hate to delay our approach to Earth. send a message to the Palomar... request that her Captain contact me directly. I'll be in the Ready-Room." he said, as he got up, as Ingersol went to work sending his message.

The doors to the Ready-Room slid open, allowing Nikolayev inside, as he walked to the desk, and pulled out the chair, and sat down, swiveling the computer to face him, as he activated it, just as Captain Ingersol's comm voice was piped through.

"Admiral, I have the Captain of the Palomar on standby for you... private channel one." she stated.

"Thank you, Captain... acknowledged." he answered, as the UFP seal appeared on the screen, followed by the face of the ship's Captain. "Captain... I am Admiral Yuri Nikolayev, on board the Starship Frontier... we intercepted your message... what's up?" he asked the man.

"The Frontier... wow... I heard about you guys... welcome home." the man began. "I'm Captain Peter Endami... U.S.S. Palomar. Anyway, yeah... we would like another starship's help, in examining some sensor data we've collected, as well as some debris fragments. You see, the other day, we responded to a distress call from a Ferengi ship... the message said that the Ferengi ship was under attack from an unknown alien vessel. By the time we arrived on scene, the entire Ferengi crew was dead... killed... and extremely brutally, I might add... we've never seen anything like it... blood everywhere you looked... it was as if their bodies had been literally shredded, and torn apart. And the ship that attacked them was--" the man began, as Nikolayev cut him off.

"... Was... purple, and cross-shaped?" he finished, as Captain Endami wore a look of shocked surprise.

"Aye... how... how did you know that?" he asked.

"Because we've seen this kind of thing before." Nikolayev answered. "Captain... we are en route to Earth... I want you to take the Palomar, and rendezvous with us, on the way... we'll arrive at Earth together... I have a feeling Starfleet Command will be very interested in what we're going to tell them." he added.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:53 am

THE MILKY WAY GALAXY - BETA QUADRANT

The purple Vralex Pirate Gunship trailed warp plasma behind it, as it shot towards the surface of a planet... a frigid and arid ice planet. As the Vralex ship drew closer to the atmosphere, the ship began to have trouble maintaining a stable course, and the ship swayed to and fro, as it struggled to keep its heading.

Finally, the Vralex ship shot through the atmospheric layers, and shot at extremely high speeds, through the icy winds and blizzards that were engulfing the world, until it flew towards a large alpine mountain range, with high-rising jagged peaks, that seemed to almost vanish within the cloud cover.

Finally, the Vralex ship could keep flying no more, and the cross-shaped vessel began to rapidly descend. Finally, the bottom blade of the ship struck the icy ground below, and as the ship impacted with the surface, the ventral hull dug a deep and huge chasm into the ground, as the ship proceeded onward, slicing a huge swath through the ground, until finally, the physical resistance forced the purple ship to a sudden halt, as it lurched forward, before again settling back into place for good, as the snowdrifts continued to blow all around the ship.

-- -- -- -- --

A set of blinking green and blue dots filled the view, against a shiny black surface, like glass. Suddenly, the source of the blinking lights drew back, revealing itself, as a loud and booming mechanical grumbling sound echoed throughout the Bridge of the ship...

(translated from Breen): "Invading craft neutralized... target destroyed." the Breen General proclaimed, as he looked to his other officers, balling his left hand into a fist.

The great ship shot through warp space, the U.S.S. Palomar alongside it.

Inside the ship, in the Conference Room, Admiral Nikolayev was briefing the Palomar crew on the Vralex ships, and the trademark weapons employed by the Vralex Supremacy.

"So, you see, Captain Endame... the Vralex, while not as technologically advanced as us, are still a viable threat, due to their overwhelming level of brutality... they don't take prisoners, nor are they patient... they see something they want, and they go after it... in full force." Nikolayev began, as a signal from the Palomar to Captain Endame interrupted him.

Captain Endame tapped his communicator, and replied.

"Endame here... what's up?" he asked.

"Captain... we've just intercepted some comm transmissions from our monitor stations in the Beta Quadrant... Sir... Starfleet is reporting that the Breen are claiming to have shot down a vessel of alien origin... purple in color, and cross-shaped. The Breen say the alien ship was shot down, and went down on the surface of Felson 5... one of the worlds claimed by the Breen." the man's comm voice stated.

Endame and Nikolayev shared looks, at the news, as Endame replied.

"Acknowledged, Palomar... thank you. Endame out." he said, as he looked to Nikolayev. "Admiral... that's two encounters with these ships in this galaxy so far." he began.

"Three, actually... one of our ships, the Trelon, followed two of their ships here as well, and destroyed both of them... that was what initiated all of these recent events." Nikolayev added.

"So... what... do you think this could be the beginning of an invasion?" Endame asked.

"Could be... although, the Vralex don't invade... they take what they want, destroying any and all opposition, and then leave. In any case, this will all be stuff to go over with the folks at Starfleet Command, on Earth." Nikolayev began.

Just then, a call came in for Nikolayev, from the Bridge.

"Admiral... this is Captain Ingersol... Sir... we're now approaching Sector Zero-Zero-One." she said, her voice barely able to hide its excitement.

With word of the news, Nikolayev smiled, as those of his crew let out some cheers, as they clapped.

In space, twin flashpoints of light erupted into view, as both ships came streaking to a slow glide, as they moved to approach the planet before them... Earth.

STARBASE ONE (SPACEDOCK) - EARTH ORBIT

Inside the mammoth construct, in the OPS Center, a handful of Starfleet Admirals stood at attention, as the large viewscreen showed the Frontier sailing towards Earth, the Palomar beside it. One of the Admirals leaned to press the comm button on a nearby panel, activating the station's boatswain whistle.

"Attention, all Starfleet stations, ships, and personnel... this is Admiral Hallowell... cease all activity, and stand to attention... U.S.S. Frontier, now arriving home... repeat... all stations, ships, and hands... stand to attention! U.S.S. Frontier arriving home!" he called out.

In space, the U.S.S. Palomar slowed to a stop, as the Frontier continued on her way, towards the massive network of orbital stations and docks, and the ships waiting outside, as they hung silent in space, as if watching the ship return home.

The Frontier continued on, through the gauntlet of still Starfleet ships, as it worked its way to its destination...

MYSTIC SEAPORT ORBITAL STARFLEET YARDS

The large drydock framework hung over Earth, as the mighty Frontier began to slowly ease into the dock.

Inside the dock, A group of Starfleet Admirals, and personnel, including an Admiral Kathryn Janeway, stood to attention, and saluted the graceful old ship, as the reflection of the ship arriving into the dock could be seen in the window glass, washing over the view of the Starfleet people.

Outside, the Frontier came to a soft stop, inside the dock, as slowly, a set of gangways extended, and began to interface with the hull of the ship.

Inside the ship, on the Bridge, the crew reacted to the various computer comm messages that were being automatically piped through, from the drydock's computer, as that machine now took control.

"Primary gangways extended... fuel carriers en route, releasing safeties on primary deuterium release hatches... mooring beams active, reading transwarp field matrix deactivation... primary warp core, now offline... preparing to switch to station environmental systems..." the computer relayed.

Suddenly, there was a very soft "thud', and the ship shook ever so gently, as the gangways now locked onto the airlocks.

After a moment, Admiral Nikolayev took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a moment, and opened them again, smiling, as he looked to the crew.

"Ladies and gentlemen... we made it... we're home." he said, as everyone nodded, smiling, as a message came through the comm, from the station.

"This is Admiral Kathryn Janeway, to U.S.S. Frontier. Welcome home, Frontier... welcome to Earth." she said, as the channel was closed.

Suddenly, everyone on the Bridge erupted into cheers, and shouts of joy, as everyone got up from their stations, and either shook someone else's hand, or embraced them in a hug, as they all rejoiced, while some cried tears of joy, while Admiral Nikolayev received many joyous pats on the shoulder, as he just stared at the sight of Earth, on the viewscreen, as he grew visibly choked up, finally letting a few tears stream down his cheek.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:55 am

MYSTIC SEAPORT ORBITAL STARFLEET YARDS - EARTH

The hordes of small service craft zipped about the massive form of the Frontier, as the crowds of shuttles and Runabouts that had gathered closely, to gaze at the new arrival, began to drift around the ship, taking in the sight of it. The Frontier had spent the last 25 years in the Andromeda Galaxy... away from the Federation at home. Because of this, it had not been present, when Starfleet updated its fleet of ships with the Entomalian technologies that Queen T'Zek had gifted to the Federation, after the Dominion War. Because of this, the Frontier looked oddly out of place, even here, in a shipyard complex among its own kind... it stood out... a lone gleaming white starship, among a fleet of ships with hulls of pure shining gold.

Inside the shipyard facility, the airlock doors opened, and Admiral Nikolayev had to shield his eyes from the sudden glare of intense light, that was coming from the dozens of media recorders that were directed towards him, over a wall of Starfleet Security men, as the reporters shouted out questions instantly.

As the Admiral and his crew began to file out into the gangway, among the calls and shouts from reporters to him, the Security men cleared a path for him, as Admiral Janeway emerged from one side, and met him, extending her hand, which he accepted, as they began to walk together.

"Welcome home." she began. "It's good to see you all... some again, some for the first time." she added, looking to his crew, as he turned to her.

"I hope you folks here on Earth didn't miss us too much." Nikolayev added, smiling.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much... I've had my share of missions that lasted an unexpectedly long time." she said, looking to him, as she returned his smile. "I have to say, the brass in San Francisco is very eager to meet with you... after reading the data pack that President Melek sent us from Tyloria... their questions are virtually endless. I understand you will also be discussing this new threat... the... Vralex, was it?" she asked.

"Aye." Nikolayev replied, as they rounded a corner.

"How was your visit to the Entomalian homeworld?" Janeway asked, as they paused by a turbolift door.

"It was... interesting... to say the least." Nikolayev responded.

"I can only imagine... as far as anyone knows, you are the only person other than the two Entomalian Royals, and the guards assigned to the Female Shapeshifter, to ever see her in person, since she was imprisoned there... I must admit... it took guts, to do what you did." she added, a she now extended her hand again. "Well, this is where we part ways. I have a meeting with the Andorian Ambassador later this afternoon, and I have to get ready to leave. Again, welcome home, and good luck." she said, as Nikolayev shook her hand, allowing her to walk off.

U.S.S. SEDNA - CENTURY-CLASS

The ship commanded by Admiral Rachel Ariel kept orbit around Tyloria Prime, along with the rest of the fleet, as the Enterprise-F sailed alongside the ship.

Inside the ship, Admiral Ariel watched, as her husband paced her quarters, thinking out loud to himself. Ever since the meeting with Cartahx Pentique, President Melek had been at a loss as to what to do next, regarding this Federation, in Andromeda.

"On one hand, Carthax admitted to me that HE was responsible for pushing this idea onto Captain Nikolayev. On the other hand, Nikolayev DID make the choice to give in, and violate the Prime Directive." he said, as he now paused, looking at the painting over Admiral Ariel's desk... it was a depiction of her old ship, the U.S.S. Quasar... the Nebula-Class vessel that Admiral Klonn had had built for her, and where Melek first met her. The ship was depicted sailing proudly in front of the Eagle Nebula... the artist's nod to the ship's very first mission, to Melek's own homeworld. In the background, Admiral Ariel got up from the couch, and walked over to Melek, putting her arms around him from behind.

"You know, love... I have a question for you, that might help your decision-making process." she offered.

"Go ahead... lay it on me." Melek replied.

"Well... what would we have done, back home, if someone with much greater power than ourselves had come in, and basically offered a way out... if they were friendly to us, and had the power to end the Dominion War, once and for all... for our side?" she asked.

"I see where you are going with this, Rachel, and you forget... someone DID do just that..,, Queen T'Zek came to us with her Trinity Alliance... and I said no." Melek said, still gazing at the painting.

"Out of principle." Ariel began. "And at the time, it was the right decision... and after the war, the people loved you for it... but in the old timeline, near the end, from what you told me, the version of you from that reality regretted saying no... even though it was the right thing... you said you wanted to be a hero, but never could be. well, Nikolayev went ahead and said yes... he became a hero... and guess what?" Ariel added, now turning Melek to face her, as she looked up at him. "Now it is your turn... you can be that hero you wanted to be. After all, all these people have been guilty of, is upholding the vision of the Federation, and continuing its legacy... and these are good people, Melek... I see it, you see it... we all see it." she said.

Melek looked to her with such awe and love... this woman constantly reminded him why he loved her.

"My wife... you are indeed the voice of my own heart. I do not know how I would live, or what I would do without you." he said.

"Melek." Ariel offered. "I am your wife, and I love you. I will support whatever choice you make... but please consider this... when you make that choice... make it because it is what you know is right in your heart. Otherwise, it will have no true meaning." she said, as he looked into her eyes.

BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top